AMERICAN "PKA" kickboxing appreciation thread!!!

What do you mean "no way" ??? That boring ass dumb sport died out. Fact. Nobody want to see it. It's crap. Good riddance.

Majority of fight sports fans only want to watch MMA, Boxing, or Muay Thai. that's it.

it died out because of that stupid Jean-Claude movie

I'd be pretty ashamed if I owed my gyms success to a horrible Jean-Claude B Movie but our attendance did triple overnight and at least Muay Thai has some Greco-Roman throws slams and takedowns

if they had kept sweeps throws and takedowns in American kickboxing it might have been a different story

The irony .

Sagat VS Peter 1 =
Huge robbery , Sagat couldn't knee the head , couldn't elbow , couldn't clinch , scoring was a western one and still he destroyed Peter with ease .
Everyone who watched gave the fight to Sagat easily . Thai massively rioted after the results .

Sagat VS Peter 2 =
Sagat no longer in his prime , he has been in a deep decline at the time .
Peter made Sagat lose 11 pounds in two days , Sagat famously ran across the desert while mashing a chewing gum for the entire two days .
Peter banned leg catching and sweep and put on 11 rounds .

Khaosot Vs Peter =
Khaosot was a top fighter of his time ( fought Dieselnoi ) and was a friend of Sagat .
He was so mad at Peter for robbing his friend that he wanted to kill Peter .
The fight allowed clinch and sweep .
Khaosot wasn't allowed to elbow .
Still Khaosot stomped Peter with ease .
Peter robbed the Thai again .

Prasert VS Peter .
Prasert was a brutal clinch fighter who has previously destroyed a top American full contact champion .
Peter and the condition made a last minute ban : knee to the head , elbow , clinch knee and sweep .
The scoring was under American terms .
All Thai were mad as hell at the change in rule , Praset tried his best but he was very uncomfortable with those ruleset .

Peter robbed two Thai ( Sagat 1 and Khaosot ) , did dirty twice ( Prasert and Sagat 2 ) .
Is that your champion ?

Actually as someone who first trained in Muay Thai before being introduced to American kickboxing and a previous wrestler I actually preferred true stadium Muay Thai

Remember I am a short super heavyweight so it is a big Advantage for me to be able to trip and slam my opponent

It's obvious the Americans couldn't compete in true Muay Thai (just like a Muay Thai athlete couldn't compete in MMA) so the modified rule sets made for interesting fights

It's a shame we never got real Muay Thai in the westernized world

They finally allowed knees but never the elbow or the slam

My oldest Thai boxing book calls it "THUM"

Still Thai boxers lacked the slickness of handwork

that could become a problem for them

Benny the jet urquidez Don the Dragon Wilson and Peter Sugarfoot Cunningham all had winning records against Thai athletes

Actually as someone who first trained in Muay Thai before being introduced to American kickboxing and a previous wrestler I actually preferred true stadium Muay Thai

Remember I am a short super heavyweight so it is a big Advantage for me to be able to trip and slam my opponent

It's obvious the Americans couldn't compete in true Muay Thai (just like a Muay Thai athlete couldn't compete in MMA) so the modified rule sets made for interesting fights

It's a shame we never got real Muay Thai in the westernized world

They finally allowed knees but never the elbow or the slam

My oldest Thai boxing book calls it "THUM"

Still Thai boxers lacked the slickness of handwork

that could become a problem for them

Benny the jet urquidez Don the Dragon Wilson and Peter Sugarfoot Cunningham all had winning records against Thai athletes

The boxing of muay thai is odd - because it always seems to start an argument. Boxing style punches weren't a facet of muay thai truly until they were introduced in the very early 1913, and since then Thais are either considered to have great hands or terrible hands completely depending on who is talking at the time.
We seem to think of Muay Thai as being this 'pure ancient' martial art, when muay thai as we see it in stadiums has heavy influence from English boxing and judo. I think punching technique in muay thai is worse now than it was in the golden age for sure.

The boxing of muay thai is odd - because it always seems to start an argument. Boxing style punches weren't a facet of muay thai truly until they were introduced in the very early 1913, and since then Thais are either considered to have great hands or terrible hands completely depending on who is talking at the time.
We seem to think of Muay Thai as being this 'pure ancient' martial art, when muay thai as we see it in stadiums has heavy influence from English boxing and judo. I think punching technique in muay thai is worse now than it was in the golden age for sure.

My coaches always felt like it was too risky to "Bob and weave" when you had knees coming up at you and even though it's illegal to duck below your opponent's waist in Victorian rules boxing people do it all the time

I think the Muay Thai hands debate is alive and well and they clearly cannot develop that skill to the same degree that someone who doesn't have to worry about knees and kicks can

In my opinion all styles are worth study but MMA will finally determine the winner

Alright dude how about you come to Ayuthaya right now , i'll gladly break your leg and those of your gay friend too .
Wanna see you say anything about whorehouse in my face .

American Full-Contact champion were a bunch of moving sand bag for Thai that is a facts , you can Google a trillions fight from that Era and you'll see that no one give truly respected American striker .
Joker who got kicked around the ring like amateurs .
Funny you mentioned whore , American full-contact were whore when they got int other ring with Thai fighter .
Thai just clinch raped them and they couldn't do anything at all .

<escalate99>

My coaches always felt like it was too risky to "Bob and weave" when you had knees coming up at you and even though it's illegal to duck below your opponent's waist in Victorian rules boxing people do it all the time

I think the Muay Thai hands debate is alive and well and they clearly cannot develop that skill to the same degree that someone who doesn't have to worry about knees and kicks can

In my opinion all styles are worth study but MMA will finally determine the winner

My fighters use head movement, but they slip and will only weave under a hook with minimal movement. Low bobbing and weaving like Tyson just isn't going to work because of body kicks. In short, I teach the same sort of head movement that Thai's use/that I was taught by my instructor

My fighters use head movement, but they slip and will only weave under a hook with minimal movement. Low bobbing and weaving like Tyson just isn't going to work because of body kicks. In short, I teach the same sort of head movement that Thai's use/that I was taught by my instructor

I teach a hybrid of American/soviet boxing for hands

Kicks are 75% Kyokushin and 25% muaythai

Knees and elbows are clearly 100% muaythai

I think the biggest thing that we have missed is the Greco-Roman slams from
original Stadium Muay Thai

If it is trained in its purest form Muay Thai is the greatest striking art ever devised in human history but the europeans have "civilized" it into a weaker form

However...
The karate base foot and kick repetuaior cannot be dismissed

Adesanya
Jones
Cro cop
GSP
all used KARATE kicking hybidizided into muaythai

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ate-in-ufc-adesanya-gsp-jones-crocop.3912081/

it died out because of that stupid Jean-Claude movie

I'd be pretty ashamed if I owed my gyms success to a horrible Jean-Claude B Movie but our attendance did triple overnight and at least Muay Thai has some Greco-Roman throws slams and takedowns

if they had kept sweeps throws and takedowns in American kickboxing it might have been a different story
Plenty of people don't watch van damme shitty movies. American kickboxing died out because it's crap. Like it or not. It is what it is. Nobody wants to watch that crap. If anyone have problems going to sleep, just watch these shiny pajama pants dorks doing flicking kicks at each other a round and you'll fall asleep fast. It's boring as fuk.

Plenty of people don't watch van damme shitty movies. American kickboxing died out because it's crap. Like it or not. It is what it is. Nobody wants to watch that crap. If anyone have problems going to sleep, just watch these shiny pajama pants dorks doing flicking kicks at each other a round and you'll fall asleep fast. It's boring as fuk.

Yeah i guess your right

American kickboxing is stupid and borring and you would never see any of those kicks in today's mixed martial arts

Actually that stupid Jean-Claude movie was exactly what killed American kickboxing as everybody wanted to lean the new tong po kikboxin instead...lol

At least point karate and musical forms competition survives to this day

Thank god this awesome combat skill remained and still draws incredible pay-per-view numbers

https://youtu.be/wCBYRi_TKio

Last edited:
Yeah i guess your right

American kickboxing is stupid and borring and you would never see any of those kicks in today's mixed martial arts

Actually that stupid Jean-Claude movie was exactly what killed American kickboxing as everybody wanted to lean the new tong po kikboxin instead...lol

At least point karate and musical forms competition survives to this day

Thank god this awesome combat skill remained and still draws incredible pay-per-view numbers

https://youtu.be/wCBYRi_TKio

Again, Nobody watch stupid van damme movies. point karate and musical forms competition are laughing stocks in the martial arts world. How can those dorky things draw PPV numbers if nobody watches those joke crap? You being sarcastic? Hahaha. But hey, if you like boring stuff, then good for you. You might as well watch curling too. LOL!

Maybe you can go tell Duke Roufus not to ditch that american kickboxing crap and switched over to Muay Thai. Hahahahaha.

Last edited:
Back