Social An epic tale of beta!!!

We play online also but it was intended to be a meet up type club where we enter tournaments and stuff.
Got it. When you said you worked with them I automatically assumed you would be playing them in person otherwise I don't see the advantage of playing online with people you know irl.

Got it. When you said you worked with them I automatically assumed you would be playing them in person otherwise I don't see the advantage of playing online with people you know irl.

They live approximately an hour and a half away from me so for training, we used online. We would play once or twice a week when we could in person.

They live approximately an hour and a half away from me so for training, we used online. We would play once or twice a week when we could in person.
I wish I had more people to play with irl. I only have one that will play with me consistently and he's moving across the country. I just got a new set which I absolutely love.
20210803_181536.jpg

I wish I had more people to play with irl. I only have one that will play with me consistently and he's moving across the country. I just got a new set which I absolutely love.
View attachment 871880

I personally feel they are two different games. The view of online vs. the view in person is different to me. I am much more used to online but my practice involves running the games out on my real board too. It really is hard to find people to play with.

Come up and let's fill the room with uppercuts. At 35 I've made peace with something. Sherdog is my only real group of friends. I'm totally ok with that.
Sits round playing chess games on a computer all day
Can't win a game in person
Doesn't have any friends

... sounds pretty beta buddeh'

Sits round playing chess games on a computer all day
Can't win a game in person
Doesn't have any friends

... sounds pretty beta buddeh'

So I would say I played the better of the two five times in person. We had one draw, and I lost 4. I played him online 12 times and beat him twice. The other guy I played in person three times and had two draws and one loss. Online I beat him once and lost once. It wasn't as if we played a million times. It was a fairly new thing.

I feel ashamed that I defended myself but I was so blown away. It immediately sucked the wind out of my sails for a victory. I've never been accused of cheating in my life.

Don't you just play then in person them and rekt them with your french blowjob offense or whatever it was?

Sorry mate, i skibbed abit around, was simply too low and boring - they sound like bitches though.

So I would say I played the better of the two five times in person. We had one draw, and I lost 4. I played him online 12 times and beat him twice. The other guy I played in person three times and had two draws and one loss. Online I beat him once and lost once. It wasn't as if we played a million times. It was a fairly new thing.
I'm just yanking your chain buddeh'

Don't you just play then in person them and rekt them with your french blowjob offense or whatever it was?

Sorry mate, i skibbed abit around, was simply too low and boring - they sound like bitches though.

Lol well anyone who plays a lot of chess can tell you that every game is dynamically different. If you study to play against an opening, you can beat it. It's not so black and white unfortunately.

I'm just yanking your chain buddeh'

<[analyzed}>

Lol well anyone who plays a lot of chess can tell you that every game is dynamically different. If you study to play against an opening, you can beat it. It's not so black and white unfortunately.

<[analyzed}>

Sounds like you're lacking confidence in your opening my bro....

However, if you lose, you can always punch and kick them to gain their fear and respect.

There's a difference in playing to win and playing to learn.

I actually said this to them as well. For example, the first five or so games I played against them I was using the London System and that is what I was learning at the time. I didn't have all the lines down yet. I am actually still working that one and win a lot with it but it's not my most studied. I moved on to the black pieces (they play second) and learned the King's Indian. I obviously hadn't mastered that either so I was learning and expected to make mistakes/lose. It is insane to think if I win once dominantly then I should be able to replicate it right away. I don't even play like that lol.

Ok then move on dude. You did a lot of whining over two douchey chess ‘friends’

View attachment 871880
LOL this is just an incidental thought…but as an experiment, why don’t you play Sherdog?

That is you can start a thread and ask Sherdog what move to make against you (of course you have to have some system of choosing among responses) then make your move then post the board each move

Ok then move on dude. You did a lot of whining over two douchey chess ‘friends’

All right see this is where you're wrong. I hadn't even mentioned anything nor did I make it a thing so this all basically started coming to light when another staff member they work with told me they were talking about it. So I didn't even confront the situation I said well I'm probably misunderstanding what the staff member said or taking it out of context whatever, so I decided to ask them to play and that's when the whole text exchange happened. So at that point I pretty much wash my hands with it didn't really get to invest it and I found it rather beta that the guy that I beat never said anything never once confirmed and denied he felt that way and he unfriended me with the guy that I didn't even play. It's not a matter of whining it's a matter of hey guys look at how beta this is. That's the point of cookie looking this forum is to point light at things that otherwise would not be known. We laugh together we make fun of it that's the point. I don't have any emotional investment but I found it odd at how fake they were. The other thing that I found odd that I didn't mention on here yet but I will now is the guy that I beat came up to me about a week ago and was asking me about my chest journey and asking me if I still been playing and we'll have to get together and play a game and this and that very nice for him to unfriend me on a chess app after that is hilarious to me

I sincerely hope this lead to some fierce sissy-slaps!

Chess is cool. I haven't played since I was a kid. I probably suck really badly at it.

The accuracy by itself is not an indication of cheating. Sometimes your opponent play so bad they almost force you to make top moves. Looking at the game, your guy had it coming when he completely abandoned the center and blundered his knight that early. Overall the rest seems pretty natural and straightforward to me. The only surprise was seeing 21.Rf6 which is not a deep move but one that should be hard to spot for a player at your level. But in a 10 min game this might not be the case especially if you are familiar to that specific motif.

Last edited:
The accuracy by itself is not an indication of cheating. Sometimes your opponent play so bad they almost force you to make top moves. Looking at the game, your guy had it coming when he completely abandoned the center and blundered his knight that early. Overall the rest seems pretty natural and straightforward to me. The only surprise was seeing 21.Rf6 which is not a deep move but one that should be hard to spot for a player at your level. But in a 10 min game this might not be the case especially if you are familiar to that specific motif.

That's exactly what I said and that knight move gave me the option to march up the board on him. After that, I protected my bishop, and cornered him once I pushed my pawn to the seventh rank. It wasn't a game filled with rocket science as I followed the literal book for the first 7 moves.

Back