Social An epic tale of beta!!!

These guys deserve a chicken bone stabbing for sure. Sore losers.

LOL. I think you paid to much attention to the guy. I would just reply "LOL.. play me IRL".

Also you are training 2/4hs a day? Sheeeit.. I barely play 3/2 or 1 minutes matches to kill time and I have some games at high accuracy too.

I remember you wanted to be at 1500... good for you to reach your goal. I think a GM title is crazy but who knows.

We should definitely play again. You can take it as a practice match and I can take it as seriously possible lol.

LOL. I think you paid to much attention to the guy. I would just reply "LOL.. play me IRL".

Also you are training 2/4hs a day? Sheeeit.. I barely play 3/2 or 1 minutes matches to kill time and I have some games at high accuracy too.

I remember you wanted to be at 1500... good for you to reach your goal. I think a GM title is crazy but who knows.

We should definitely play again. You can take it as a practice match and I can take it as seriously possible lol.

I honestly am trying to learn as much as possible so I'd love to play again. I'll be black and try out some openings I'm currently learning. I watched you use the King's Indian attack yesterday by the way.

I honestly am trying to learn as much as possible so I'd love to play again. I'll be black and try out some openings I'm currently learning. I watched you use the King's Indian attack yesterday by the way.
I usually go with KID with black and some crappy version of London or a Catalan with white.

I dont have much of a repertoire tbh. My idea was to specialize on those but I haven't been putting the work so my results are subpar.

Ben Finegold was supposedly a KID master but I find him unbearable lol.

Edit: have you been following the world cup? I'm actually enjoying gothamchess recaps

I usually go with KID with black and some crappy version of London or a Catalan with white.

I dont have much of a repertoire tbh. My idea was to specialize on those but I haven't been putting the work so my results are subpar.

Ben Finegold was supposedly a KID master but I find him unbearable lol.

Edit: have you been following the world cup? I'm actually enjoying gothamchess recaps

Since you played the King's Indian with white it is considered an attack. You played it well from what I watched. I have been checking in on the World Cup and have been also loving Gotham's coverage. Look into the GingerGM if you want some great instruction on the London. It took my London a lot further.

Since you played the King's Indian with white it is considered an attack. You played it well from what I watched. I have been checking in on the World Cup and have been also loving Gotham's coverage. Look into the GingerGM if you want some great instruction on the London. It took my London a lot further.
Isn't KID with white basically the catalan but with D4?
Screen-Shot-2020-10-16-at-2.28.00-PM-1017x1024.png

Yesterday a GingerGM popped up in my suggestions but haven't checked it. I'm going to look into it today for sure.

Honestly not sure I’d play with those guys again. Sound like dicks who need to grow up.

Yesterday a GingerGM popped up in my suggestions but haven't checked it. I'm going to look into it today for sure.

Yes it is but you ended up fianchettoing the bishop

The KID with white is the KIA. With pawns on d3 and e4. The one in the spoiler is the Catalan which is a completely different animal.

Obsesses over chess for a year and a half for 4 hours a day and can still only wreck the ai on easy....

but im glad you enthrall us with your insert country name here openings and legendary boob gambits.

Alright boys and girls...this...THIS right here will be the most epic thing you've read on Sherdog. I'm not putting cliffs so buckle up. As many of you know, I've been obsessed with chess since the beginning of the pandemic. I train probably 2-4 hours a day, waking up at 4 am to get two hours in and then a few hours before bed.
View attachment 871806
View attachment 871807
I have trained more than that but I digress...

I started a chess club at my work (big mistake in hindsight) as a few guys there also liked chess. I played in person against each of them and either had a draw or loss. To be fair, I was working new openings in all but one game. I tried Kings Indian, English Opening...etc. One game I played the best of the three of us using the Italian. I focused on the Evans Gambit as I studied it a ton. I was in the process of studying it when I played in person. I was close but ended up losing in the end game.

I went back to training and vowed that I would beat him soon. I had written down that game and studied it. My ultimate goal and I'm not kidding, is I want to be a GM one day. It's basically my black belt quest I conquered in a few martial art disciplines. Ask @NoGoodNamesLeft how much I play...he knows.

I train hard for about a month focusing exclusively on the Italian game. I run through all the powerful lines on the Evans Gambit and then I come home one day and challenge my foe to another match. We play through the Italian Game and specifically I run the Evans Gambit. He blinders early with his knight and I began to apply pressure on his kingside stopping him from finding safety. I beat him clean. This is where the epic begins.

The other guy that was watching us play, asked if I used a chess computer. I didn't know what he meant at first but now understand. I didn't and would dream of it. I want to beat him fair and square. I brushed it off and didn't say anything more than defend my game. I get to work about three days later and one of the guys that works with them asked what I was doing cheating against the other guy. Wtf?!?! Talking shit homie?!?
<FookIsThatGuy>
I brush that off and don't say much then either. Integrity is a big thing to me so I was pissed but assumed he was translating something off. Here is the text exchange (names redacted) to show what happened that night.
View attachment 871809
View attachment 871810
View attachment 871811
I've been super busy with work as we are starting to reopen up a lot of our programs so I haven't been able to play them in the past two weeks. I frankly am conflicted on the whole thing as it is cuck to accuse someone of that when they have great defense.

I had washed my hands of it when tonight I went on chess.com to run some puzzles and saw they both unfriended me. Lol!!! So the guy I beat never said anything but the guy that watched convinced him to unfriend me. Have you ever seen anything more beta in your life?!?! Lol!!!

{<jordan}

Not going to lie. I find that story pretty interesting. I think it's fine that skeptical guy was skeptical. But to unfriend you is a cuck move yes.

The KID with white is the KIA. With pawns on d3 and e4. The one in the spoiler is the Catalan which is a completely different animal.
Ohh. Thanks for the info.

So basically white gives early control of the center to black and fights back with e4?

My pops was a very good player in his day, IM. But if I started with white and used the English to QGD I knew the variations so well up to 10/11 moves that I would put him in trouble for the rest of the game and sometimes catch a win. Obviously in all other scenarios he would whip my ass.

If these guys knew chess as well as they think they do they'd know the whole strategy is to get people to play the lines you know best. The super GMs can be great all rounders in most positions but for us mortals, try starting off by getting to know certain common lines really well and go from there.

Ohh. Thanks for the info.

So basically white gives early control of the center to black and fights back with e4?
That depends on the move order. Sometimes white starts with e4 and then goes for the same setup. Sometimes he starts with even 1.g3. The main idea is to keep the centre closed and go for the kill on the kingside just like in the KID but with the first move advantage. Karjakin won a beautiful game against Shankland with it in the world cup.

Last edited:
Back