Social An epic tale of beta!!!

The most interesting and surprising thing about this is that there is a Sherdogger that is this familiar with chess and is moving up in the business world.

Majority of chess players master openings and follow the lines they present. Basically a plan of attack. I followed it to a T and won. I find it beta to not only jump right to accusations but to then unfriend the guy lol. As I keep improving I'd have gotten accused a bunch more. I guess I sped up the inevitable. I literally can never make new work friends.

If I learned anything from online games as a youth it was this...

Nerds cry when you smash them.

You may be tempted to take a break from smashing nerds, but that is not the Way.

Just smash. Like Khabib.

I think you either need to move on and cut them out of your life, or beat them IRL, bitch slap them, give them the double middle fingers Nick Diaz style and walk off into the sunset.

I think you either need to move on and cut them out of your life, or beat them IRL, bitch slap them, give them the double middle fingers Nick Diaz style and walk off into the sunset.

I don't enjoy or deal well with toxic energy. I can't mess with my money so I'm just steering clear of them. They both have toxic personalities.

Shoulda used the queens gambit and won way earlier.

I train hard for about a month focusing exclusively on the Italian game.

If you asked me i would have teached you our ultimate technique without waste so much time

First you pick black pieces side
You should boast and flex like no tomorrow
Then you play like shit and bring yourself close to annihilation
Then with a single swift fluid movement you push your own king and 180° turn the table, now you're with white pieces side
The falling black king you previously pushed touch the wood, he's dead
Before anybody say anything, you give the other player a vigorous handshake and say "We won, BRAVO!" and leave the table

If you asked me i would have teached you our ultimate technique without waste so much time

First you pick black pieces side
You should boast and flex like no tomorrow
Then you play like shit and bring yourself close to annihilation
Then with a single swift fluid movement you push your own king and 180° turn the table, now you're with white pieces side
The falling black king you previously pushed touch the wood, he's dead
Before anybody say anything, you give the other player a vigorous handshake and say "We won, BRAVO!" and leave the table
Damn, that was funny as fuck

Now the important thing that you are forgetting in this story is I did show them. I played the same guy with the same opening about a month before. That was the only time I had played that opening and I almost won. I never dodged them and tried to play them the two days previous to this exchange happened. What got me wasn't the idea of actually playing in person. What got me was the fact that I was blindly accused of cheating by people I had began a friendship with. We were on a chess club and we're training together. They knew I was training that particular opening as well. I never once avoided playing in person but to be accused made the idea of playing them not as fun. Imagine if I played and lost as they would have had a gameplan or whatever...also they could use different tactics and not let me play through that opening. What would that prove then? There was no way for me to truly win and this would have come up again.

Never hid and also fight me IRL.
No way for you to truly win? So in person you can't win but online you do? It doesn't matter what you did BEFORE, what you did after they accused you of cheating is what a cheater would do. Absolutely refuse to play in person to prove anything.

I've changed my mind, the other guys are right. You're a cheater who is afraid of the truth. Now you're on a karate forum trying to make yourself sound like some kind of victim.

Nut up or shutup.

No way for you to truly win? So in person you can't win but online you do? It doesn't matter what you did BEFORE, what you did after they accused you of cheating is what a cheater would do. Absolutely refuse to play in person to prove anything.

I've changed my mind, the other guys are right. You're a cheater who is afraid of the truth. Now you're on a karate forum trying to make yourself sound like some kind of victim.

Nut up or shutup.

I don't mean truly win in the literal sense.i mean that accusation is one that isn't something that you can guarantee you prove. The variables involved like specific moves, tricks they might play, defenses they might now know and utilize...those things all prevent this from being fair and equitable. Having the other person be able to alter your game takes the probability out if it. If my opponent played the exact moves he played that game again, I could easily replicate that game. It was obvious to me. That's not what would happen though so proving it in person is no guarantee.

Go to his house.

Knock on the front door.

Push past the owner after they open the door.

Stand in front of his chessboard with one hand on your chin, and an eyebrow cocked (people's eyebrow).

Flip the table upside down sending pieces flying into the air.

Leave without saying a word.

Credits roll.

Yeah...I'm not buying it. If they have been training with you and they know a bit about chess; which from your story both seem true. Then they have a good idea of your skill level regardless of openings/tactics/whatever. So if you've been playing one way in person and then they play you online and you are noticeably better than that's why they called you out on it.

Being unwilling to play them in person just makes you look guilty. Making excuses like saying "it won't prove anything" just makes it worse.

Be honest; did you cheat?

If the answer is truly, honestly, no then go play them and if they think you are still cheater explain the new openings and tactics that have made you so much better. This way your club can get back on track and perhaps the other guys will learn a thing or two and gain some respect for you.

If you DID cheat....well continue to bitch about it on a karate forum to people that have nothing to do with the situation to make yourself feel better. Or just quit talking to them all together and play online or whatever.

Either way, my opinion is that you actually did cheat and now realize you can't back up your play in person so this whole thread was to make you feel better by only telling your side of the story.

Of course that's just my opinion. Don't ask me to prove it.
I don't mean truly win in the literal sense.i mean that accusation is one that isn't something that you can guarantee you prove. The variables involved like specific moves, tricks they might play, defenses they might now know and utilize...those things all prevent this from being fair and equitable. Having the other person be able to alter your game takes the probability out if it. If my opponent played the exact moves he played that game again, I could easily replicate that game. It was obvious to me. That's not what would happen though so proving it in person is no guarantee.

Alright boys and girls...this...THIS right here will be the most epic thing you've read on Sherdog. I'm not putting cliffs so buckle up. As many of you know, I've been obsessed with chess since the beginning of the pandemic. I train probably 2-4 hours a day, waking up at 4 am to get two hours in and then a few hours before bed.
View attachment 871806
View attachment 871807
I have trained more than that but I digress...

I started a chess club at my work (big mistake in hindsight) as a few guys there also liked chess. I played in person against each of them and either had a draw or loss. To be fair, I was working new openings in all but one game. I tried Kings Indian, English Opening...etc. One game I played the best of the three of us using the Italian. I focused on the Evans Gambit as I studied it a ton. I was in the process of studying it when I played in person. I was close but ended up losing in the end game.

I went back to training and vowed that I would beat him soon. I had written down that game and studied it. My ultimate goal and I'm not kidding, is I want to be a GM one day. It's basically my black belt quest I conquered in a few martial art disciplines. Ask @NoGoodNamesLeft how much I play...he knows.

I train hard for about a month focusing exclusively on the Italian game. I run through all the powerful lines on the Evans Gambit and then I come home one day and challenge my foe to another match. We play through the Italian Game and specifically I run the Evans Gambit. He blinders early with his knight and I began to apply pressure on his kingside stopping him from finding safety. I beat him clean. This is where the epic begins.

The other guy that was watching us play, asked if I used a chess computer. I didn't know what he meant at first but now understand. I didn't and would dream of it. I want to beat him fair and square. I brushed it off and didn't say anything more than defend my game. I get to work about three days later and one of the guys that works with them asked what I was doing cheating against the other guy. Wtf?!?! Talking shit homie?!?
<FookIsThatGuy>
I brush that off and don't say much then either. Integrity is a big thing to me so I was pissed but assumed he was translating something off. Here is the text exchange (names redacted) to show what happened that night.
View attachment 871809
View attachment 871810
View attachment 871811
I've been super busy with work as we are starting to reopen up a lot of our programs so I haven't been able to play them in the past two weeks. I frankly am conflicted on the whole thing as it is cuck to accuse someone of that when they have great defense.

I had washed my hands of it when tonight I went on chess.com to run some puzzles and saw they both unfriended me. Lol!!! So the guy I beat never said anything but the guy that watched convinced him to unfriend me. Have you ever seen anything more beta in your life?!?! Lol!!!

{<jordan}
Some people just can’t handle losing and would rather just accuse you of cheating. Nothing you say will ever convince them. Even if you re-run the game through an engine they still won’t be convinced even if it shows that most of your moves are non-engine moves. I wouldn’t bother with them guys. Just play with other people find another group other online players and say to them I cant bother with clown who cant handle losing

Yeah...I'm not buying it. If they have been training with you and they know a bit about chess; which from your story both seem true. Then they have a good idea of your skill level regardless of openings/tactics/whatever. So if you've been playing one way in person and then they play you online and you are noticeably better than that's why they called you out on it.

Being unwilling to play them in person just makes you look guilty. Making excuses like saying "it won't prove anything" just makes it worse.

Be honest; did you cheat?

If the answer is truly, honestly, no then go play them and if they think you are still cheater explain the new openings and tactics that have made you so much better. This way your club can get back on track and perhaps the other guys will learn a thing or two and gain some respect for you.

If you DID cheat....well continue to bitch about it on a karate forum to people that have nothing to do with the situation to make yourself feel better. Or just quit talking to them all together and play online or whatever.

Either way, my opinion is that you actually did cheat and now realize you can't back up your play in person so this whole thread was to make you feel better by only telling your side of the story.

Of course that's just my opinion. Don't ask me to prove it.

So did you miss the part where I had tried to play them in person? The begining of the text thread showed my attempt to play them but they weren't at work. Then the accusation happened. We had played only at work so my concern with now playing them in person is I tend to avoid drama when it deals with my job. I'm certainly not afraid to play them in person and I don't know why you've repeatedly said that. I wasn't dodging them in the least and had mentioned we would play again. The issue for me is even if I do play them again, what will that prove? Even if I beat them in a different game (which I could do easily) it won't validate the original game. They made their minds up and we're willing to accuse me even with proof of my game theory. None of that helped. I had also played that very opening a month before and almost won in person. I only played that opening once against them as I was working on it.

Go to his house.

Knock on the front door.

Push past the owner after they open the door.

Stand in front of his chessboard with one hand on your chin, and an eyebrow cocked (people's eyebrow).

Flip the table upside down sending pieces flying into the air.

Leave without saying a word.

Credits roll.

We all carry guns out here...lol.

Good to see you back round these parts brother!

We all carry guns out here...lol.

Good to see you back round these parts brother!

Thanks man. Yeah you too bro. You got chess players packin heat? Lol damn i would not have lived to see 20 mate.

So did you miss the part where I had tried to play them in person? The begining of the text thread showed my attempt to play them but they weren't at work. Then the accusation happened. We had played only at work so my concern with now playing them in person is I tend to avoid drama when it deals with my job. I'm certainly not afraid to play them in person and I don't know why you've repeatedly said that. I wasn't dodging them in the least and had mentioned we would play again. The issue for me is even if I do play them again, what will that prove? Even if I beat them in a different game (which I could do easily) it won't validate the original game. They made their minds up and we're willing to accuse me even with proof of my game theory. None of that helped. I had also played that very opening a month before and almost won in person. I only played that opening once against them as I was working on it.
Yeah, alright man. Best of wishes to you.
Hope it all works out.

Back