Andre Galvao vs Gordon Ryan

Last time I was in this subforum most posters were claiming that Marcelo Garcia would destroy Gordon. I'm curious if that's still the popular sentiment. Anyone?
i'd love to see prime marcelo against him.

historically though, marcelo struggled against the very best when they held a significant weight advantage. jacare finished him, drysdale finished him, i think braulio also got him out of there. as much as i hate ryan for his antics, he is at the top of the sport with almost no real challenges on the horizon, and he's a monster physically. marcelo would likely get finished.

i think the better question is, how does a prime roger do against today's gordon?

i'd love to see prime marcelo against him.

historically though, marcelo struggled against the very best when they held a significant weight advantage. jacare finished him, drysdale finished him, i think braulio also got him out of there. as much as i hate ryan for his antics, he is at the top of the sport with almost no real challenges on the horizon, and he's a monster physically. marcelo would likely get finished.

i think the better question is, how does a prime roger do against today's gordon?
Sorry, i'm gonna say what like no one is willing to admit, but Prime Marcelo is extremely limited and pretty fucking overrated. Love the guy, he's OBVIOUSLY an all time great, but he said and preached wild shit about his jiujitsu and how he taught it in general and got finished with techniques he said he "Didn't believe in".

Gordon would kick the shit out of Marcelo, especially the 2017 iteration of Gordon that was much leaner, faster and had better cardio.

Marcelo would get hopelessy stomped from this Gordon.. the difference in size is too important, Gordan definitely towers him even if he decides to juice to the extreme, I don't think there is a way he could ever close that gap.

The best possible version of Roger with a reasonable time to prepare and catch up would be the only fantasy one interesting enough at this point, indeed.

If he did it as a kid, I think that is an important context. Teenagers do stupid things. Heck, people in their 20's do stupid things. I don't think shooting people with BB's as a young person precludes someone from maturing into a good man.

Yeah, if he was a kid, early twenties even, I'd let it go. So long as he wasn't going out for 10 years doing it like some psycho.

Last time I was in this subforum most posters were claiming that Marcelo Garcia would destroy Gordon. I'm curious if that's still the popular sentiment. Anyone?
Not this version of Gordon. Last times maybe but Is just too big and as good as Marcelo was everywhere but speed wise.

Sorry, i'm gonna say what like no one is willing to admit, but Prime Marcelo is extremely limited and pretty fucking overrated. Love the guy, he's OBVIOUSLY an all time great, but he said and preached wild shit about his jiujitsu and how he taught it in general and got finished with techniques he said he "Didn't believe in".

Gordon would kick the shit out of Marcelo, especially the 2017 iteration of Gordon that was much leaner, faster and had better cardio.
I’m sorry and it’s your opinion but there’s no fucking way MG is overrated. Now do some of his fanboys overhype him and make him the goat and say he can tap anymore ?! Sure but that doesn’t make him “ overrated.” Dudes s gi AND no gi legend and just cause he’s been finished in a fuckin kimura doesn’t make him crazy loony or overrated . Give me a fuckin break.

I’m sorry and it’s your opinion but there’s no fucking way MG is overrated. Now do some of his fanboys overhype him and make him the goat and say he can tap anymore ?! Sure but that doesn’t make him “ overrated.” Dudes s gi AND no gi legend and just cause he’s been finished in a fuckin kimura doesn’t make him crazy loony or overrated . Give me a fuckin break.
“Sure some people over rated him but he’s not overrated!”

sure, there is that. i'm 35 now and when i see 18 year olds, they're kids, and i expect them to act accordingly.

but i know i never went hunting for a marginalized group and assaulted them, at any age. i know if any of my friends did that at 18, i'd be fucking mortified. you're not completely clueless at that age, you should be held responsible for the stunts you pull at that point.

teenagers do stupid shit, but it's mostly damaging property, getting drunk and possibly brawling, getting pregnancy scares and the like. there's quite a categorical difference between that and sitting around one night going "you know what guys, we should go find some immigrants and fuck them up". you know what i'm saying?

it doesn't mean the man grew up to be a sociopath, it's quite possible the story is blown out of proportion, or he had one night of really bad decisions and grew out of it and turned out to be a great guy. but on the surface the story sounds pretty fucking bad and this brushing off, that kids simply do that stuff, is just ridiculous. they really don't.

Brushing it off and thinking that someone can grow and change from the person he was as a teenager or a young adult are two different things. If he was a bully and a jerk as a young man and grew up to be a better person, I don't think he should forever be condemned by his actions when he was younger. Doesn't mean they should be forgotten or something, depending on how bad it was, but we shouldn't assume that he is forever that same guy.

Bro, I still like Hoger, the BB gun thing threw me off, I just didn’t expect it. It’s like someone showing me video of MG stealing wallets from his student gear bags during a water break, I just wouldn’t expect it. But I get it, Hoger was young, raised as a Gracie etc..
Wow. Thanks for that visual. Genuinely made me laugh outloud.

“Sure some people over rated him but he’s not overrated!”
Yeah Michael Jordan’s overrated cause some neck beards “ overate “ him and think he can beat Kobe and Lebron one on one at same time . Ok bud .” Michael Jordan’s totally overrated bro cause these people think he’s goat !!”

Yeah Michael Jordan’s overrated cause some neck beards “ overate “ him and think he can beat Kobe and Lebron one on one at same time . Ok bud .” Michael Jordan’s totally overrated bro cause these people think he’s goat !!”
This is precisely what I'm talking about; you talk about Marcelo, whose game has only worked for him and Diniz at the highest level, and people lose their fucking minds.
Marcelo is amazing, but I think putting him on the Roger, Rafa, Ryan pedestal is false. That's the point. He's great, just not the greatest as a ton of fans say.

This is precisely what I'm talking about; you talk about Marcelo, whose game has only worked for him and Diniz at the highest level, and people lose their fucking minds.
Marcelo is amazing, but I think putting him on the Roger, Rafa, Ryan pedestal is false. That's the point. He's great, just not the greatest as a ton of fans say.
I never said he’s GOAT but could def be considered tONEEEE of the GOATS . I don’t think some fans thinking he’s the GOAT makes him overrated though even if they “overate “ him though . “ overrated “ to me is someone who’ doesn’t or never did live up to hype imo . We’re playing semantics here . NOBODY thinks Kobe or Lebron is “ overrated “ just cause SOME think theyre the GOAT when majority consensus says MJ is GOAT. You’ll never watch espm and here a commentator say Kobe of Lebron are overrated just cause some consider them GOAT.

I never said he’s GOAT but could def be considered tONEEEE of the GOATS . I don’t think some fans thinking he’s the GOAT makes him overrated though even if they “overate “ him though . “ overrated “ to me is someone who’ doesn’t or never did live up to hype imo . We’re playing semantics here . NOBODY thinks Kobe or Lebron is “ overrated “ just cause SOME think theyre the GOAT when majority consensus says MJ is GOAT. You’ll never watch espm and here a commentator say Kobe of Lebron are overrated just cause some consider them GOAT.
No, you’re playing semantics and im going off the definition of the word overrated.

No, you’re playing semantics and im going off the definition of the word overrated.
No . You should use “ overestimated . “Agree to disagree And why don’t you just admit you think MG is overrated ?! You put Rafa over him asnd said MG isn’t on same tier which is bonkers . You clearly have agenda against him . Raga has same hyperbole. There’s people who say shit about him tapping out everybody in world too. And how exactly is Rafa above MG in terms of accomplishments ? I’m not talking about hiim being able to tap pur MG. He may very well ….. Ain’t changing each other’s mind unless you wanna continue to circle jerk . Have a good day. Unless you’d care to continue I even threw you a like to remember me by .

semantics come into play by ca
Oh yeah Gordon Ryan’s overrated too cause some people think he’d walk into UFC and tap everybody out tomorrow . Gordon’s totally overated bro . See how ridiculous that sounds . Gordon is totally overrated . Yeah bro .

I always thought it was Hermes Franca but Bibiano makes a whole lot more sense. Franca seems to have been quite the dirtbag outside the cage.
Yeah, that's who I thought it was too. Honestly I had never heard of Bibiano Fernandes. But I just looked up Hermes Franca's fall from grace and holy shit, what a waste. He's no War Machine, but still, that's a shitty legacy.

Back