Angela Hill appreciation

Lol, glad it wasn’t just me, dude.
This is totally anecdotal but here goes..
I, Mr. Maelstrom, know black people. I'd win that game show every time.
maxresdefault.jpg
We used to have this family down the street that we were all super close with. Drinking, blunts, Fight Night on the PS3, freestylin', even competitive roller derby. They were black, the husband was our age, the wife was older and very maternal, and the 5 kids. We go way back like carseats lol.

Point being, I always trust my gut. I picked up on some kinda "picked on" vibe with Angie, but over the years she's began to seem pretty authentic.

Between her last 3 fights and her appearance on JRE, I think I like this chick now lol
She won me over

I'm with you, she has made a couple of nice offerings to the JBG over the last year.

Not often I can say I look forward to a WMMA fight and last Saturday she did not let me down in her decision W vs Loma who is a tough Muay Thai kicking machine.

Angie's got my attention in 2020. WAR ANGIE

She fought Tecia Torres, Esparza, and Rose a year into her career when she still had basically no ground game. Should've started off in Invicta.
Real talk, girl debuted in the deep end

She fought Tecia Torres, Esparza, and Rose a year into her career when she still had basically no ground game. Should've started off in Invicta.
Definitely agree with that. She always had the talent and tools to be good but just not the skills to mesh them together. Her style used to get frusterating if her opponents wouldn't let her settle down and strike at her pace. Now she seems to finally be getting the tools to dictate the striking range and use some angles.

Fact: She has zero quality UFC wins.
A shitty, slightly better than average WMMA fighter, who will never come close to a title, and the most interesting thing about her is her giggle. You're easy to please.

Opinion: If the UFC is gonna regularly stick garbage like Tafa v Adams, Osbourne v Kelleher and De Lima vs Sosoli on their main cards, I have no issue watching an Angela Hill fight on a prelim every 2 or 3 months

51tKPrt.jpg

Opinion: If the UFC is gonna regularly stick garbage like Tafa v Adams, Osbourne v Kelleher and De Lima vs Sosoli on their main cards, I have no issue watching an Angela Hill fight on a prelim every 2 or 3 months

Fact: I do not watch any WMMA fight unless it involves the Bullet, that badass from China, Cyborg, or Nunes.

When WMMA fights come on that don't involve these fighters, I run to the liquor store, take a piss, and pull the wings out of the oven, because I know I'm guaranteed 15 minutes + the time between the next match.

I like how active she is and the rate of improvement. She looks like she's putting in the work to become great.

Fact: I do not watch any WMMA fight unless it involves the Bullet, that badass from China, Cyborg, or Nunes.
When WMMA fights come on that don't involve these fighters, I run to the liquor store, take a piss, and pull the wings out of the oven, because I know I'm guaranteed 15 minutes + the time between the next match.

giphy.gif

she comes from a muay thai background but has changed style since joining Alliance

i think she focuses entirely too much on footwork/movement

you are not Dominick Cruz, you do not need to be Dominick Cruz

Not a fan. Shes corny and annoying as hell. I'll give that shes got good work ethic and will fight anyone.
I loved watching Randa Markos finish her in 1 round tho

Ufc ranking showing her some love today too as Hill is back #15 SW.

She's the first black person I've seen rock a mullet. I'll give her that.

Back