Another Fuji BJJ Gi Review (lots of pics)

I have a BJJ class tomorrow, and I just got my new Gi on Wednesday. I need to wash and shrink it a bit before 2pm tomorrow and I need some advice.

I am 6'1" 215-220, and I have an A4 Fuji never been worn. Should I wash it on cold and stick it in the dryer, and if so, should it be low heat and for how long (using an industrial dryer at a laundromat)?

Thanks.

I have a BJJ class tomorrow, and I just got my new Gi on Wednesday. I need to wash and shrink it a bit before 2pm tomorrow and I need some advice.

I am 6'1" 215-220, and I have an A4 Fuji never been worn. Should I wash it on cold and stick it in the dryer, and if so, should it be low heat and for how long (using an industrial dryer at a laundromat)?

Thanks.

wash it on hot if you need to shrink a good amount. Low heat drying and monitor shrinkage every 10-15 minutes stopping to try it on

im 5'9 185 i was thinking an A3 with a cold wash and hot dry?

what do u guys think?

Nice review and pics.

I have the exact same gi and at 5'8" 135 lbs, the gi fits like they tailor made it for my body. Love it the fit, looks, and price. Props to Fuji.

Have a white and blue in A6 on the way from MMAWharehouse. $164 shipped for 2 GIs that size ain't bad. I'm 6'5" 245-255 depending on the day. Let me know if you are interested in a review of this size. And I can post up how they fit, if I needed to shrink them, and any difference between the 2 colors.

OK, the Blue and White and are definitely different when it comes to pants sizing. The Blue A6 is just slightly big on me out of the bag, but the White pants were huge and too long.

Oddly, the Blue pants have the A6 tag and the little box checked on the other tag for A6, but have another tag with 5 on it, and nothing else. If they are actually 5's it would explain why the white A6 pants are significantly bigger.

I washed the white in hot, then in the dryer until the pants were pretty hot. It shrank them considerably, I should not even need to have the wife hem them now. The jacket was just a little damp in the collar, and only shrank a little, so it fits perfect now. I will dry the pants again to try and shrink them just a bit more, but the top can wash cold&hang dry from here on out. I will do that with the Blue too, since I hear even that will result in slight shrinkage.

Like others: I am happy with the quality, and both included the pack with patches. I do not like the karate Gi style flat tie strings though, the round ones on my Keiko Raca are much more functional without the binding issues.

I've had my Blue Fuji for almost a year now and love it. I'm an A2, 5'8 & 165lbs... I've been training for a little over a year now, and never really knew now to 'wear' a gi. Never tried shrinking it, or anything. But this gi was always loose on me, so lastnight I decided to shrink it since I have a new Competition Ouano gi coming in today.... anyways, I always wash my gi's in cold water and hang dry but lastnight I put in the dry for 15 min on hight, after about 3.5 cycles (50mins) it now fits like a glove... However, the pants, I've never put it in the dryer and they did shrink after two washes. I had to go and purchase an altima as a replacement.

finally my gi(s) is on my hand on this wednesday..
i ordered white fuji gi and fuji kassen pearl blue..
both of gi(s) is rocks..
great gi with the best value..

the kassen pearl is fit me up perfectly..
the jacket and the pants is so perfect..

the white fuji is lil'bit larger than the kassen..
but i'll shrink it, no problemo..
the pants is thinner than kassen pearl's pants..

Back