Another reason why GSP is the GOAT

He's got double than jones. Fedor is close 2nd because that's nostalgia talking
OK so since you're nitpicking my numbers (e.g. "Jones should be 17.5% not 20%...") I'm guessing you agree with my overall point.

Cheers and thanks.

EDIT: actually, even if I'm wrong and you don't agree with my main overall point, that's cool. I'm out. This debate is dumb and I shouldn't have let myself get sucked in. Cheers.

or just don’t be Canadian and you will easily realize GSP is not the goat

User name checks out. Though maybe it should be "C".

I would argue no one has a BETTER claim to being to being the goat than GSP. Some others are also reasonable contenders.

It's so subjective of a topic which is fine. I'm a die hard GSP guy and I'm not even convinced he's the GOAT when you look at Silva, Jones or even Khabib and DJ.

Go watch who the actual Pro Fighters pick as their GOAT...that's something I always find very interesting.

A LOT of them pick Jones. Some pick GSP, but I think it's mostly Jones or Anderson amongst the fighters themselves.

The most recent pro fighters pick goat poll had GSP winning by a lot.

From a really renowned sport source TheAthletic.com

https://theathletic.com/1856943/2020/06/05/fighters-vote-mma-goat-pound-for-pound-best/

C8A8DA2D-5187-415B-9354-00EC9DEC3753.jpeg F7741950-0A00-46CB-B3AA-17DEB3D03C24.jpeg A181838C-B8A4-4697-B032-7B4F0B29F335.jpeg

Side Note Fedor’s stats end at his fight with Jeff Monson I cannot find his stats after the fight

GSP should be the undeniable GOAT, but he took the easy route to safe decisions. Its unfortunate that his risk adverse style hurts his legacy with some fans, but it is what it is

Finishing top contenders is more impressive than a string of 50-45s IMO

6.-Transform-Matte-Makeup.jpg

wait I thought Gane was GOAT...

or Khamzat... or Islam...

(I might be a week or two behind it's hard to keep up with here)

If you don't think GSP is the Goat you have to be new to MMA

I mean that's not really true, having said that I wouldn't argue with anyone that says GSP is the GOAT (same with Jones, Silva, Fedor, hell even Mighty Mouse is still putting a resume together)

I feel like there are valid reasons to have Silva, GSP, Fedor, Jones, DJ all as GOATs. There will always be criteria someone looks at and favors to declaring a GOAT over others. Look at boxing debates in an even more mature sport. I don't feel like we can get a consensus anytime soon.

Its easy to pad stats when you have had the most pedestrian run of title contenders to fend off. Josh Koscheck went 0-6 to end his average career all by finishes. Dan Hardy is an all time fight analyst, thats where it ends. Thiago Silva went 6-10 to finish his overrated career where his biggest wins were washed Karo and Old Hughes. Speaking of an almost 40 Hughes, thats when Georges finally beat him..in the twilight of his career which included a stoppage of gsp in Georges' prime. What about the fact in his very first title defense he turned Matt Serra into a legend by getting ko'd by a journeyman lw. Condit went 2-9 to finish his career. Bj beat the piss out of him in the first fight and was robbed in one of the worst decisions of all time and then fought gsp as a lw. Hendricks beat him senseless and yet another robbery awarded to Georges.

Not to mention ducking Anderson Silva for a decade.

Yeah, if this guy is the goat then ive been watching a different sport for the last 18 years.

The highest strike defense percentage and his face is always so busted up. He's got terrible scar tissue or real thin skin.

Its easy to pad stats when you have had the most pedestrian run of title contenders to fend off. Josh Koscheck went 0-6 to end his average career all by finishes. Dan Hardy is an all time fight analyst, thats where it ends. Thiago Silva went 6-10 to finish his overrated career where his biggest wins were washed Karo and Old Hughes. Speaking of an almost 40 Hughes, thats when Georges finally beat him..in the twilight of his career which included a stoppage of gsp in Georges' prime. What about the fact in his very first title defense he turned Matt Serra into a legend by getting ko'd by a journeyman lw. Condit went 2-9 to finish his career. Bj beat the piss out of him in the first fight and was robbed in one of the worst decisions of all time and then fought gsp as a lw. Hendricks beat him senseless and yet another robbery awarded to Georges.

Not to mention ducking Anderson Silva for a decade.

Yeah, if this guy is the goat then ive been watching a different sport for the last 18 years.
Username checks out.

Back