Anthem: Official E3 2017 Trailer (upcoming BioWare game to be released Feb-22)

Division 2 almost drops TOO MUCH loot but I love the gameplay so much more.

Funnily enough, I reinstalled the original Division yesterday to play a little bit just for fun, but the game wouldn't load. I'll give it another try tomorrow but it would just show the into picture, then go black screen and stay that way.

I'm considering picking up Division 2 but I remember getting board of Division1 and not enjoying the bullet-sponginess and not enjoying losing loot in the Dark zones to assholes that kill you and steal your shit.

Call me a sucker but I put this game in today and enjoyed about five hours of it.

Then the servers started acting up.

Eject.

Call me a sucker but I put this game in today and enjoyed about five hours of it.

Then the servers started acting up.

Eject.

That's the thing about this game. The basic mechanics are awesome. Plus, this being a PVE only game, they have none of the restrictions Destiny has. You can really theorycraft some crazy shit a la ARPG's and thus the damage output can be EXTREMELY satisying. But they forgot to actually wrap a game around it. If this game would have had 15 strongholds by now or some kind of fun wavebased game mode, I think people would actually still play this. I hope the 2.0 rework fixes this game but A) I have no interest whatsoever to pony up cash for this update without having seen anything that convinces me there's actually content this time around B) I have zero faith in EA and BioWare actually being able to salvage this mess

I mean, I'll play it if they fix it, but I'm not spending another nickel on it.

That's the thing about this game. The basic mechanics are awesome. Plus, this being a PVE only game, they have none of the restrictions Destiny has. You can really theorycraft some crazy shit a la ARPG's and thus the damage output can be EXTREMELY satisying. But they forgot to actually wrap a game around it. If this game would have had 15 strongholds by now or some kind of fun wavebased game mode, I think people would actually still play this. I hope the 2.0 rework fixes this game but A) I have no interest whatsoever to pony up cash for this update without having seen anything that convinces me there's actually content this time around B) I have zero faith in EA and BioWare actually being able to salvage this mess

Revamping the game so there's no lag between going to each event or missions would be huge too. it was just annoying have to load in and out of fortresses and it was sooo fuckin' slow.

I mean, I'll play it if they fix it, but I'm not spending another nickel on it.

I may drop some money if they go back to the lab and totally redo the game, spend a year or two making this sequel or reboot with the shit they promised. I won't buy the extra bells and whistles nor will I pre-order. i'd wait for the game to release and check the reviews before buying.

I posted on another thread about this game 2 weeks ago. It's fun but there isn't much to do. They did just have an update since it was the year anniversary but there is just no progress with the story.

Still mad at the fact this game looked so cool, then shit the bed so bad.

Oh well EA will EA. Hope all those that bought it learned a valuable lesson about buying games with the EA logo anywhere in its orbit.

This game never looked good. That E3 gameplay was a complete lie. Bioware gets what it deserves. This bad game can burn in hell.

Development on the game has stopped but they are gonna keep the live service running as it is. They are gonna concentrate on Dragon Age, Mass Effect and The Old Republic MMO

https://blog.bioware.com/2021/02/24/anthem-update/

I had read about two weeks ago that there was going to be some board meeting this week where the fate of the game was going to be decided: either double down on Anthem NEXT or scrap the project completely. Guess they decided to scrap it. Too bad I guess, as maybe it could have been one of those games with potential to be “fixed” as I’ve heard about say Diablo 3, No Man’s Sky or Fallout 76.

Bioware has gone down the toilet too

Ok, then who were you referring to “getting into bed with Bioware”? I assumed you meant Bioware were morons for getting into bed with EA, but that doesn’t seem to be the case so who are you talking about?

I feel bad for everyone who bought or even cared about this game. I think I probably would have if I had been paying attention at the time, but I was still turned off by Dragon Age Inq, and I didn't even touch MEA so I just waited for this and didn't even watch the previews.

Talk about a fall from grace. Don't know who's had a rougher ride, BioWare or Blizz

Never made any sense to try to convince people you were going to revamp it. People moved on very quickly.

I feel bad for everyone who bought or even cared about this game. I think I probably would have if I had been paying attention at the time, but I was still turned off by Dragon Age Inq, and I didn't even touch MEA so I just waited for this and didn't even watch the previews.

Talk about a fall from grace. Don't know who's had a rougher ride, BioWare or Blizz

Easily Bioware. People are still playing the fuck out of WoW and D3 (I think) and Overwatch is still super successful (I think) and people seem pretty excited about the D2 remaster. There’s some excitement around the ME trilogy remaster too, but I don’t think as much as D2.

In any event, I honestly think Bioware is one more flop away from getting shuttered by EA.

1390494136917-jpg.117831

I saw an exchange on twitter that went like this -

A - "I don't think this was EA's fault, this is Bioware's fault."
B - (sarcastically) "I don't blame the slave master, I blame the slave."
A - "Comparing bioware working for EA to slavery is a slap to those who actually experienced slavery."
B - "Its an analogy, genius. EA owns Bioware. They do nothing without EA's approval.
Approval for what they work on, what they don't work on, and EA sets the release dates, forcing Bioware developers to work to the bone to meet deadlines so EA Execs can pay themselves massive 8-figure bonuses.
Master and slave."
A - "Ea actually let Bioware do what they want."
B - "Oh sure, a developer that historically makes single-player RPGs (TOR is a sister-developer), says they want to make an online-action game loaded with microtransactions that exclusively go it is publisher. That's completely believable, and a slave that wants to earn money that goes to his master."

Completely owned.

Back