Anthem: Official E3 2017 Trailer (upcoming BioWare game to be released Feb-22)

Never made any sense to try to convince people you were going to revamp it. People moved on very quickly.

There was a chance. The gameplay mechanics were top tier. I truly enjoyed "playing" the game - as in flying around and fighting enemies and creating different builds. The problem was they needed to revamp the loot system, add more missions, add more raids, reduce load times, etc...

Granted it was a lot of shit they had to fix but I would have came back had they successfully revamped the game or created a sequel that fixed most of the issues. It is a damn shame because they had a potential fun game. Fuck EA for rushing Bioware...

Last edited:
There was a chance. The gameplay mechanics were top tier. I truly enjoyed "playing" the game - as in flying around and fighting enemies and creating different builds. The problem was they needed to revamp the loot system, add more missions, add more raids, reduce load times, etc...

Granted it was a lot of shit they had to fix but I would have came back had they successfully revamped the game or created a sequel that fixed most of the issues. It is a damn shame because they had a potential fun game. Fuck EA for rushing Bioware...

There was potential but they were going to have to put NMS levels of work and it wasn't going to be fixed in one big patch. I bet once they heard one big patch wasn't going to be enough they probably bowed out.

There was potential but they were going to have to put NMS levels of work and it wasn't going to be fixed in one big patch. I bet once they heard one big patch wasn't going to be enough they probably bowed out.

Yeah most likely. COVID certainly didn't help the situation as companies had to make major adjustments for it so it certainly slowed down their work. Stacking the new Dragon Age and whatever else they had going and it's no surprised they dropped ANTHEM.

Yeah most likely. COVID certainly didn't help the situation as companies had to make major adjustments for it so it certainly slowed down their work. Stacking the new Dragon Age and whatever else they had going and it's no surprised they dropped ANTHEM.

Ah yea I completely forgot about Covid. That's probably what killed it more than anything. EA's game release schedule was being thrown off to much and they decided to cut Anthem off.

Ah yea I completely forgot about Covid. That's probably what killed it more than anything. EA's game release schedule was being thrown off to much and they decided to cut Anthem off.

No, the game needed every subsystem broken down for rework. Financially it makes no sense to reinvest into a game that doesnt have a user base, genre competitors have superior products, recently losing the Disney license and pulling developers off other IP's to resolve a two year old game that died a month after release.

No, the game needed every subsystem broken down for rework. Financially it makes no sense to reinvest into a game that doesnt have a user base, genre competitors have superior products, recently losing the Disney license and pulling developers off other IP's to resolve a two year old game that died a month after release.

The thing was they were already investing into the game still so it wouldn't be reinvesting. I recently looked into the game before this announcement cause I wanted to check out if they had improved any. It hadn't but there was a promised big patch coming that was supposed to change a lot of things with the game. I was going to look into it again after that patch but then they made this announcement. It was coming out soon at the time so this was something they had already been working on. My guess is either they announced that this big patch would help but would still need more or Covid killed their momentum and they needed to pull some devs off this to work on other stuff.

It's not the only game EA has cancelled work on this week , this game had nearly 6 years of work in development

And the new dragon age was gonna be a live service game

Anthem Next's cancelation has a silver lining.

For those that didn't bother to buy Anthem, or bought it and quickly abandoned it, EA has finally taken note that you don't want shitty Multiplayer stuffed in your single-player games.

Hopefully this will will be the norm for now on, with certain exceptions.

Back