Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Usyk gets koed. He is just too small and simply has very low punching power. He cant hurt Joshua, so Joshua will be able to walk through him. You need at least a certain amount of power to keep your opponent honest. I dont think Usyk has ernough firepower to do so.

I'd be more inclined to predict if Usyk vs Joyce happens. That would give us a better indication of where Usyk's skill at HW will take him.

Usyk's current HW fights leave a lot to be desired.

Well, nobody gave Andy Ruiz a shot. You never know.
But we know that Joshua can be beaten.

Well, nobody gave Andy Ruiz a shot. You never know.
But we know that Joshua can be beaten.
You're comparing Andy Ruiz's performances at HW against Usyk's performances at HW so far?

Honestly anybody who watched AJ vs parker(regardless of the ref ruining every clinch attempt for the challenger) and compared it to Ruiz getting robbed against Parker would have given Any at least the benefit of the doubt.

Usyk should bulk a bit more, it may affect foot work a bit which is his bread and butter, but size matters... especially at HW.

Favor AJ by a good margin. But I really think people overreact to the Chisora fight.

People keep saying he doesnt have the power to play with the big boys, but he hurt Chisora multiple times and likely could have gotten him out of there had he really went for it.

Lastly, outside of perhaps Whyte, no one in the division would fight Usyk the way Chisora did.

Id like to see Usyk vs Whyte or Usyk vs Rivas next. If Parker even still boxes that is also a tremendous matchup.

I don't get why people think Usyk has these great skills. He's not that great. His defense is porous, he's a slow starter, he has no power- I really don't see it. He hops around a lot so I guess people think he is doing something.

I don't get why people think Usyk has these great skills. He's not that great. His defense is porous, he's a slow starter, he has no power- I really don't see it. He hops around a lot so I guess people think he is doing something.
Howd he keep hurting Chisora?

Usyk at HW is a lot more like a blown up Haye at heavyweight than someone who could can really hold their own up there (like Holyfield, who was exceptional, as you need to be to make the jump).

You're comparing Andy Ruiz's performances at HW against Usyk's performances at HW so far?

Honestly anybody who watched AJ vs parker(regardless of the ref ruining every clinch attempt for the challenger) and compared it to Ruiz getting robbed against Parker would have given Any at least the benefit of the doubt.

Usyk should bulk a bit more, it may affect foot work a bit which is his bread and butter, but size matters... especially at HW.

How would bulking up help him in any way? This is boxing, not bodybuilding.

Even in MMA, where grappling / strength is a key factor, I can rarely think of succesful bulking up stories. Overeem is an exception, and even he was forced to slim down when he got tested positive for horse meat.

How would bulking up help him in any way? This is boxing, not bodybuilding.

Even in MMA, where grappling / strength is a key factor, I can rarely think of succesful bulking up stories. Overeem is an exception, and even he was forced to slim down when he got tested positive for horse meat.
The mass will help him. He needs to adapt his body to HW standards. More mass = more strength.
Chisora had literally no respect for his shots... and as tough as he is, he has been showing signs of aging for a few years.

Bulking up does not always win you bodybuilding competitions either, there needs to be a balance between the cutting and the bulking in terms of aesthetics and cemetery. "You don't know much about bodybuilding"

I don't know what you mean when you say you don't know any stories of people bulking up to a higher weight class... You're literally competing against heavier naturally bigger people... Maybe in the much lower weight classes jumping one weight class up you only need to cut less weight than you usually do. But when boxers move up a couple or more weight classes down there too, it usually follows with their S&C guy to adjust their routine to add muscle. What I'm saying is many boxers you have followed probably did and you never noticed.

Overeem is not an exception, he's just a very visible extreme example. He was not "forced to slim down" like you said, he just was forced to follow much stricter limits about the PEDs he used. before the bulk Alister was that skinny guy getting taken down and mauled for a whole round by chuck then KO'd .

I may be wrong, but I can't recall any knockdowns and the fight went the distance.
Doesnt mean the opportunities werent there. Chisora was wobbly on several occasions.

Usyk had great potential at HW. His prime is over though, he is getting older now without having the neccessary experience. He is also rusty and inactive and keeps getting injured. I as a fan of him absolutely loved it when he moved up at HW but now am wishing he stayed at CW. Far better match ups there than the Chisoras and Witherspoons of this world.

Back