Any (current or former) pescatarians here?

DoctorDeelon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yesterday I had to go to a cattle auction as part of my job, and I have to admit it really fucked with me. It probably turned me off beef forever.

I have no interest in going vegan, or even vegetarian because I love seafood and don't really give two shits about the lives of fish, so I thought pescatarian was a good compromise, because I'm not willing to give up dairy or eggs.

Any food source or supplementation recommendations to get the stuff I'm going to be missing from red meat? I like to lift weights and exercise a bit, but I'm 34 and a non-athlete.

IMO there shouldn't be anything missing in terms of nutrition on a Pescatarian diet, especially if you're still having eggs and dairy.

Just make sure you have a good mix of oily fish and seafood as opposed to just white fish so you get enough fats and nutrients. I substituted a lot of meat for eggs and oily fish and feel better for it.

Zinc and iron are probably the only things I'd be concerned about giving up red meat.

What about chicken TS, it's practically a reptile........do you have issues with killing them?

Food and what's fashionable at the time is a funny old business; for example, in Victorian London oysters were poor people food: they were plentiful, cheap, and (apparently) sold on practically every street corner.

Red meat's kinda amazing IMHO opinion, we're still only scratching the surface of what's really optimal for humans nutritionally; that said, pescatarianism is likely pretty great, at least compared to veganism or the standard American diet (for example).

Yesterday I had to go to a cattle auction as part of my job, and I have to admit it really fucked with me. It probably turned me off beef forever.

I have no interest in going vegan, or even vegetarian because I love seafood and don't really give two shits about the lives of fish, so I thought pescatarian was a good compromise, because I'm not willing to give up dairy or eggs.

Any food source or supplementation recommendations to get the stuff I'm going to be missing from red meat? I like to lift weights and exercise a bit, but I'm 34 and a non-athlete.
I too went to a livestock auction last week. Like you, I felt bad for the animals. They were obviously pretty unhappy but I have no plans to change my diet. Eventually, I would like to get a dairy cow. Maybe a mini Jersey

I'll just make more of an effort to get my beef from more humanely sourced options where the cattle can live in nature eating grass like they're supposed to.

im a mammitarian, only eat mammals and breasts. I do the best I can for the environment, its the little things that count.

It’s probably the best restricted diet out there. If you consume good fish like Salmon, Herring, Cod you should be getting plenty of protein, essential fats, omega 3, Vitamin D and B.

There is a reason why the Japanese live so long, they eat a shit ton of fish, whole grain and vegetables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back