Any Folks Like MCT's In Their Coffee?

HomeCheese

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Just tried these over the last week and I am pretty convinced that they help. I bike ride regularly and had my best time on my regular ride on the second day I tried them. I bought a big bag of coconut based MCT's and add it to my coffee in the morning. I can see this being a regular part of my diet.

Lol, both of those things make me go poo poo. I do believe combining them would cause me to paint the inside of my toilet bowl a nice shade of burnt umber.

So far I'm okay but I'll keep and eye on it.

I stepped back from putting it in my coffee and just have a tablespoon of MCT oil straight before I drink my coffee.
Gives me mental clarity/helps with hunger pangs as I need to cut down my BW now I'm reaching middle age.

I stepped back from putting it in my coffee and just have a tablespoon of MCT oil straight before I drink my coffee.
Gives me mental clarity/helps with hunger pangs as I need to cut down my BW now I'm reaching middle age.

Nice, I'll think about that. I'm actually a tab past middle age TBH.

How does it work? Can you share more details?

I could not give you specifics other than to say it opens your blood vessels enabling better performance. I while back I heard a lot of NBA players doing strong coffee with butter from a grass fed cow right before games. Same principal but the one I use is made from coconut oil mostly.

My daughter had a similar reaction to me, began doing longer and more intense yoga workouts.

I have no idea of any benefits outside of, but I have been on a ketogenic diet for 3 weeks (and happily 3 occasions prior). Both butter (grassfed unsalted) and coconut oil taste great (blended well) with a decent cofee and as an energy boost, are king when it comes to prolonged energy and staving hunger.

This is a decent explanation:

https://perfectketo.com/mct-supplements-helpful-ketogenic-diet/

That's something I would do when in the adaptation phase of the keto diet.

Normally your body takes a while to switch to fat burning and a little MCT oil helps with morning fasts / fasted workouts.

I'd never try it pre-poop for the reasons mentioned above.

Instead of breakfast I drink a mug of coffee with butter and MCT. Helps me get past noon without solid fooda. I'm 43.

Back