Any home gym bros in the northern states?

RemyR

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Thinking about throwing a gym in my garage for convenience sake. Only problem is I live in the frozen wasteland of upper Michigan where Hell tends to freeze over in the winter. What heating system do you guys use for your garage gyms?

I'm in Indiana. My current garage gym is in a 2 1/2 car detached that is insulated. I do not have heating and cooling running to it. I do use space heaters out there just for comfort, but they aren't 100% necessary. Bundling up is enough. I'd say unless it drops well below zero, I'm always above freezing as I've left waters out without them freezing.

Prior to this house, I had a one car detached garage without insulation or drywall. I still lifted throughout the winter, although it could be far more brutal. Waters left out would freeze. I still just toughed through it.

Attached 2 car garage in New Jersey. I have two electric heaters that I set to turn on about 90 minutes before I get home during the winter. If I didn't plan on moving within the next 5 years, I'd invest in an insulated garage door and a heating and cooling system that incorporates into the house CA system.

North east Ohio for the time being. I have all of my gym stuff set up in the basement it's a constant 70 degrees year round.

Garages can be super cold in the winter though. My grandpa used to run a Kerosene heater in his when working on his car. Another buddy had a wood burning stove that got hot as shit. I think he paid about 100 bucks for it at a flea market but it can take a while to get sufficiently warm.

I'm in Canada, Mexico of the North

Bah Ontario isn't so bad for the cold. Try living in the maritimes and having that north pole current and wind bring in more shit than there needs to be.

It's a humid cold that goes through your pricey winter clothes and sticks to you.

Fuck the North.

Bah Ontario isn't so bad for the cold. Try living in the maritimes and having that north pole current and wind bring in more shit than there needs to be.

It's a humid cold that goes through your pricey winter clothes and sticks to you.

Fuck the North.
I love the maritimes, but you can keep your damned weather!

I love the maritimes, but you can keep your damned weather!
got-cover02-1_3mm1.910.jpg

Join the garage gym community group on facebook or the homegym reddit. Luckily where I'm that a sweater is all that's needed in the winter and after my body warms up I can just train in normal clothes. Summer time can suck on days that reach or go over 100 degress though, but luckily the sun passes the garage in the morning so no direct sunlight hitting the hosue during peak heat times. I just suck it up.

Back