Social Any MySpace vets here?

Pretty sure Shedog did a MySpace invasion in 2008. Used to be in the Archives, may have been deleted during one of the migrations though.

Did any of you use MySpace back in the day?

Still use it now?

I am curious because I never used it myself and I am wondering what your experiences were like.

Where did it go wrong (if it did go wrong)? What were the awesome things about it?
Yes, I had it then I stopped using it once FB came out.

After fox bought it the site went downhill fast …before that I remember when 300 came out and you could now upload 300 pics instead of 16 or whatever it was .

Damn whoever bought it probably isn't.
1dwmgi.jpg

New Corps bought it in 2005 and Tom was kept as CEO until 2009. Funny, that was the year Myspace started going to shit. News Corps sold Myspace in 2011 for an "undisclosed" amount. But rumors are it was... $35 million. Ouch.

Last edited:
MySpace got whack because it got cluttered with add ons that made the site lag like shit with stupid loud music LOL. Facebook was better because of its minimalistic layout and user interface plus it was exclusive without weirdos adding you or stalking your page.

Didn't we want to prove that we were adults which is why we switched to Facebook.

It was quite the time to be alive. I used to love that site I would make it like my OG Geocities page and made it all fancy with HTML code. It's a shame it died off. But people move on and get older.

Back