Any thoughts on the grodex mamba bag?

Ive seen these bags, wanted to get myself one for UK lockdown, popped on the website and your looking at 1k+ (dollars) for a bag!!!!

Can't justify that for it to be hung in my cold, damp messy garage, it's definitely aimed towards the professionals/celebs and high end boxing gyms.

I would like to know what makes it that price though?....what leather and filling is used, do any of you guys know?
I was thinking offcuts from the gucci factory.

Ive seen these bags, wanted to get myself one for UK lockdown, popped on the website and your looking at 1k+ (dollars) for a bag!!!!

Can't justify that for it to be hung in my cold, damp messy garage, it's definitely aimed towards the professionals/celebs and high end boxing gyms.

I would like to know what makes it that price though?....what leather and filling is used, do any of you guys know?
I was thinking offcuts from the gucci factory.
Their main explanation is that they use Italian Leather (so luxury is a big selling factor). However, even "replica" (bootleg designer) handbags and brands like Superare can source Italian Leather these days thanks to globalization. Filling-wise I haven't heard much but their website lists it as shredded cotton, so nothing too ground breaking but better than the standard Everlast old rags.

Grodex heavy bags do look pretty awesome, but wow. If I'm paying over $1200 for leather, I want to be wearing it or sitting on it. Large Cleto Reyes cowhide filled is "only" $394 for about the same size. $329 unfilled and cheaper to ship. Cowhide Training Bag ''L'' - BOXING SHOP | CLETO REYES (cletoreyesboxing.com) I got mine unfilled and ordered foam directly from a factory (with mixed but overall positive results). That might be it's own thread in the future.

The Grodex Mamba actually doesn't look too pricey ($210 for the tall) for what it seems to do. Movement mechanics of some of the cobra bags out there seem pretty awful. But I would also assume it could mess up your nice gloves if you used it constantly. And again, it doesn't do much a double end bag wouldn't do.

Back