Anyone been to a Bellator event?

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Bellator with Corey Anderson vs Nemkov and Pitbull vs Usman Nurma is in Chicago and I'm looking at going with a few mma fan friends. Corey Anderson is from the area and a couple of them went to highschool with him.

Has anyone gone to a Bellator event before? Is it good or a shitshow? Any tips? I've been to one UFC event and it was a great time. Cheapest tickets right now are $50, are they likely to sell out or will they still be available a week or two before the event so we can wait in case there's injuries? Do prices go up as event gets closer?

Their last two Rosemont shows have been pretty iconic and crowd attendance was high but no sell outs. That being said, from my experience, the ideal seats may sell out but you may still be able to get some decent seats at the time of the show. So it looks like the show is 77 days away.. There's really no rush unless you just want your pick of the seats. You also have to think about yall all sitting together. I would say wait until a month out.

Bellator shows are pretty fun and you will definitely feel like you got your money's worth.

I went in June at Mohegan. Had a great time. Brought some casuals and they loved it. Felt like a big time event with the screen and everything. I think a few of my friends were surprised at how big of an event it felt like too. The showtime logo, the big screen, the crowd size, everything was sick. You will have no regrets going I promise you. It’s a sick card too.

Their last two Rosemont shows have been pretty iconic and crowd attendance was high but no sell outs. That being said, from my experience, the ideal seats may sell out but you may still be able to get some decent seats at the time of the show. So it looks like the show is 77 days away.. There's really no rush unless you just want your pick of the seats. You also have to think about yall all sitting together. I would say wait until a month out.

Bellator shows are pretty fun and you will definitely feel like you got your money's worth.

I’ve been to a few … always a good time like in the Ufc shows …. It depends on how well the tickets sell… but usually they will not move the prices up or down

I went in June at Mohegan. Had a great time. Brought some casuals and they loved it. Felt like a big time event with the screen and everything. I think a few of my friends were surprised at how big of an event it felt like too. The showtime logo, the big screen, the crowd size, everything was sick. You will have no regrets going I promise you. It’s a sick card too.

Thanks guys, that's the type of stuff I've been asking about. I'm much more a UFC fan than all the bodies of MMA, and sometimes watching Bellator on TV it can feel.... cheesy. And fights have a much higher chance it seems of just ending bizarrely like Anderson vs Nemkov 1

I'll see how many we can get together and grab some 50 or 75 dollar tickets 3 or 4 weeks out

Quite a fair shake as Mohegan Sun is a hop, skip and a jump away.

Always a good time at regionals to Bellator to UFC events.

I highly recommend attending a few if you like such outings. I'm a big concert and MMA events guy (or was). Only hit a few as of recent...

Definitely a good time. I think @BFoe has specifically been to Rosemont for Fedor-Mir. He might have some more specific info/suggestions.
Pretty good memory! It was Allstate Arena, but yeah I was there. Also went to one other Bellator event, Fedor vs Bader at the Forum in L.A. No bullshit, Fedor-Mir was the most fun I e ever had live at an MMA event. Super fun card, and obv the main event delivered :)

Bellator with Corey Anderson vs Nemkov and Pitbull vs Usman Nurma is in Chicago and I'm looking at going with a few mma fan friends. Corey Anderson is from the area and a couple of them went to highschool with him.

Has anyone gone to a Bellator event before? Is it good or a shitshow? Any tips? I've been to one UFC event and it was a great time. Cheapest tickets right now are $50, are they likely to sell out or will they still be available a week or two before the event so we can wait in case there's injuries? Do prices go up as event gets closer?
I had a blast at both events I was at. I’ve been thinking a lot about going to this card, I haven’t been to a live event since 2019 and I’m a big Nemkov fan. Tickets are crazy cheap, they had 2nd row cageside for $300 each, which is pretty damn good. Not sure what price range you’re looking at. If you’re going with a bunch of friends, probably you’ll want cheaper tickets though :)
—The retail price of tickets should not go up any. However, if cheap seats sell out, then you’ll be stuck trying to get them on the secondary market like Vivid Seats or Stubhub. And then you’ll pay a lot more. Depending on how many friends are going, you may want to jump on those right away so you can all sit together.
I mean, check these out, there’s great shit for $100 a pop.
If you keep searching there’s Sec 106 row DD tix for $75 each. Goddamn steal AFAIC.5BBDB0BA-6AEA-41A3-9299-AC0AD2985060.jpeg

Pretty good memory! It was Allstate Arena, but yeah I was there. Also went to one other Bellator event, Fedor vs Bader at the Forum in L.A. No bullshit, Fedor-Mir was the most fun I e ever had live at an MMA event. Super fun card, and obv the main event delivered :)

Ah I thought this was also in Rosemont. My bad, just assumed. Yeah that must have been a hell of an event.

I had a blast at both events I was at. I’ve been thinking a lot about going to this card, I haven’t been to a live event since 2019 and I’m a big Nemkov fan. Tickets are crazy cheap, they had 2nd row cageside for $300 each, which is pretty damn good. Not sure what price range you’re looking at. If you’re going with a bunch of friends, probably you’ll want cheaper tickets though :)
—The retail price of tickets should not go up any. However, if cheap seats sell out, then you’ll be stuck trying to get them on the secondary market like Vivid Seats or Stubhub. And then you’ll pay a lot more. Depending on how many friends are going, you may want to jump on those right away so you can all sit together.
I mean, check these out, there’s great shit for $100 a pop.
If you keep searching there’s Sec 106 row DD tix for $75 each. Goddamn steal AFAIC.View attachment 940898

Yeah looking at cheaper. $25 more for that corner as opposed to the upper levels of the ends for $50 is what I was eyeballing. I was thinking 122 to be closer to the walkout, but maybe as you said, 106 or 126 would be better as then you're facing the big ramp they use. Can get those $75 tickets just 4 rows up from the bottom which I think would be fun.

Ah I thought this was also in Rosemont. My bad, just assumed. Yeah that must have been a hell of an event.
Turns out, I am an idiot—Allstate Arena used to be the Rosemont Horizon. Derp on me. This one is at Wintrust Arena actually, which I’ve never been to. It looks like it’s quite a bit smaller than Rosemont/Allstate.
Yeah looking at cheaper. $25 more for that corner as opposed to the upper levels of the ends for $50 is what I was eyeballing. I was thinking 122 to be closer to the walkout, but maybe as you said, 106 or 126 would be better as then you're facing the big ramp they use. Can get those $75 tickets just 4 rows up from the bottom which I think would be fun.
Oh shit, those Sec 122 row DD tix are also $75. That’s where it’s at. I love to sit in the very first row of the first elevated section. That way you’re close but can see over top of the floor peeps. Are you familiar with my “IN” GIF that I use in PBPs? Those are the kind of seats I had for that event.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Turns out, I am an idiot—Allstate Arena used to be the Rosemont Horizon. Derp on me. This one is at Wintrust Arena actually, which I’ve never been to. It looks like it’s quite a bit smaller than Rosemont/Allstate.

Oh shit, those Sec 122 row DD tix are also $75. That’s where it’s at. I love to sit in the very first row of the first elevated section. That way you’re close but can see over top of the floor peeps. Are you familiar with my “IN” GIF that I use in PBPs? Those are the kind of seats I had for that event.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ok if that's a 1st person view of what those seats look like, I'll be keeping an eye on how many of those are available and pulling the trigger before they're out. Gonna try to get a feel on if it's just 3 of us or closer to 6 or 8 for an event

At Usman/Mas 2 I had absolute nosebleeds and it was still great. I'm pretty used to nosebleeds in arenas for NHL games tho so that probably helps. I was pleasantly surprised that it was still plenty viewable even with the distance and obviously the cage being smaller than the ice.

Ok if that's a 1st person view of what those seats look like, I'll be keeping an eye on how many of those are available and pulling the trigger before they're out. Gonna try to get a feel on if it's just 3 of us or closer to 6 or 8 for an event

At Usman/Mas 2 I had absolute nosebleeds and it was still great. I'm pretty used to nosebleeds in arenas for NHL games tho so that probably helps. I was pleasantly surprised that it was still plenty viewable even with the distance and obviously the cage being smaller than the ice.
Somewhat close to first person, it’s zoomed in a bit. But you get the idea of what it looked like.

Last edited:
I went to see Bader vs. Fedor. The event was cool, my seats were good (like BFoe said). I recall the consessions and merch stands being pretty limited but that’s a per venue thing.

If going with casual friends I would only show up for the main card. Being there for the whole 7 hours or whatever is pushing it.

I went to see Bader vs. Fedor. The event was cool, my seats were good (like BFoe said). I recall the consessions and merch stands being pretty limited but that’s a per venue thing.

If going with casual friends I would only show up for the main card. Being there for the whole 7 hours or whatever is pushing it.
Yeah, plus Bellator’s prelims have so many no-name fighters. Hard to convince casual friends to sit through 10 prelim fights or whatever. Luckily I normally go with my gf, who is an MMA fan too. So we usually arrive sometime during the prelims, depending on who is on the card.

They haven’t hosted one in my city :mad::mad::mad:

I don’t even think they’ve hosted an event my my country yet.

yep just checked they haven’t had one in Australia yet.

Back