Anyone else notice Boxrec is doing KB records now?

That is cool. Didn't Pet win a boxing fight by KO too?

Yeah i noticed that but it's very early, I hope it becomes the reference one day. I doubt they will put MT on it though.

KickRec irrelevant before it even got off the ground huh

I find it a little awkward that BoxRec is using the traditional boxing names for the same approximate weight classes in Glory even where they don't line up exactly due to the conversion from kilos rather than the names from the Unified Rules of MMA that Glory uses in all the male weight classes. For example, calling Cedric Doumbe a light heavyweight since he fights at 170 pounds because in boxing LHW is 169-175 while 170 pounds is of course called welterweight in MMA. Glory does call the ladies weight class of approximately 122 pounds Super Bantamweight though like in boxing for whatever reason. BoxRec also doesn't list the name/number of the event like Glory 65 which I would expect to see in the event notes at least. They are also now covering the Bare Knuckle FC cards under the bare knuckle boxing designation.

Why not muay thai? I think it resembles boxing more than does kickboxing.

Why not muay thai? I think it resembles boxing more than does kickboxing.

Good luck trying to keep up with all the stadium MT fights and logging them all in there.

Good luck trying to keep up with all the stadium MT fights and logging them all in there.
Same thing with kickboxing though. Kickboxing is quite decentralized.

Muay Thai is obviously the bigger sport and has more fights, but the significant ones level ones are at least somewhat centralized to Lumpinee, Rajadamnern, Channel 7, Omnoi, WBC and WMC. Being ranked in either of those could be a criteria to be on boxrec.

Muay Thai is obviously the bigger sport and has more fights, but the significant ones level ones are at least somewhat centralized to Lumpinee, Rajadamnern, Channel 7, Omnoi, WBC and WMC. Being ranked in either of those could be a criteria to be on boxrec.
How many people in the world are really knowledgeable enough to be familiar with the scene in Thailand, follow all those promotions, make sense of it all when much of it is an another language and alphabet, and can read and write English and are a big fight fan who is motivated to take on that huge, never ending and thankless job? Unless you are volunteering personally, you have to assume it will never get done.

Last edited:
How many people in the world are really knowledgeable enough to be familiar with the scene in Thailand, follow all those promotions, make sense of it all when much of it is an another language and alphabet, and can read and wrote English and are a big fight fan who is motivated to take on that huge, never ending and thankless job? Unless you are volunteering personally, you have to assume it will never get done.
Realistically yeah it will probably not happen but if someone connected to the thai scene had the will, it wouldn't be difficult with some database scripts. Most information already gets published on muaythai2000 you wouldn't have to do the record itself manually. Now finding old fights from minor stadiums or some rural village in retrospect would obviously be much more difficult.

Im wondering if there is some sort of collaboration, record incomplete in the exact same way: http://kickrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=876978&cat=boxer
Kickrec is by the same people. Association of Boxing Commissions wanted them to start doing kickboxing records too. This was a little over 2 years ago and it's been very slow going. Think they basically almost only enter US results that get reported to the local commissions.

I find it a little awkward that BoxRec is using the traditional boxing names for the same approximate weight classes in Glory even where they don't line up exactly due to the conversion from kilos rather than the names from the Unified Rules of MMA that Glory uses in all the male weight classes.

BoxRec also doesn't list the name/number of the event like Glory 65 which I would expect to see in the event notes at least.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Wish them luck but so far I've seen 0 evidence of them even wanting to make kickrec to kickboxing what boxrec is to boxing. It's just, they enter some results because the ABC pays them to and haven't adapted to things that work differently in kickboxing at all. Trying to cram the same exact boxing model to kickboxing results is silly.

Last edited:

@JimGunn covered it in his answer but yeah the main issue with Muay Thai on top of being the bigger sport with even more events and fights is mostly the language especially the names of the fighters not often being in Western language. You'd need not only a very passionate volunteer but someone who's fluent in Thai to do it, you or me probably wouldn't be able to cover it just based off the language barrier even if we were up for this hefty task.

They cannot do it, boxing is centralized, this means it goes everything to Boxrec.

Imagine having to deal with all of the same names in Muay Thai, along with name changes and camp changes. It would be an absolute nightmare.

if they do muaythai imma be Hap Happyyy

Back