Anyone else still physically going to work?

Yes.

But half working from home, half going into the office.

3 times a week now...I was working from home but someone got sick, so into the breach. He got sick from his church not work because we typically
work alone in empty buildings.

Back to work yesterday. Had 2 weeks off on doctor's instructions then things seem to have changed and I'm okay to work now as long as I'm careful . Looking forward to to it actually , I do like my work. Decent managers. Good banter. Left alone to work.

I got laid off because we can't unload the containers from the cargo boats to the port then to container yards because they come from china if we open any of those containers they could have a lethal amount of covid inside them apparently the more you are exposed the more dangerous it is and can leads to ARDS. thousands of port workers and the adjacent industries working with the port got laid off. the truckers survived because they are moving like cars and other equipment now instead of containers.

I work retail, so yeah I go into work five days a week.

giphy.gif

Furloughed.

Went into work weeks before and it was error seeing a place that was normally so busy, so quiet. Also, the air has been better.

I'm finding it a bit depressing, to be honest. I'm also worried about receiving a redundancy letter.

About once a week, yes. I would rather not. There are still over 100 people in my building, which is pretty small, every day. It’s stupid. They’re having gatherings and distributing food. They’re basically doing everything you are not supposed to do.

I got laid off because we can't unload the containers from the cargo boats to the port then to container yards because they come from china if we open any of those containers they could have a lethal amount of covid inside them apparently the more you are exposed the more dangerous it is and can leads to ARDS. thousands of port workers and the adjacent industries working with the port got laid off. the truckers survived because they are moving like cars and other equipment now instead of containers.

Da fuk i work in a warehouse and throw packages from china every day

Oh yeah im still working full hours and no end in sight

My construction site was shut down in the sense we can't go inside the residents homes but we're trying to work in the public areas of the buildings..

We try to work around it so we don't have to furlough people.. we're not hurting, no risk of having to lay people off, maybe furlough (92% of salary) for a month or so..

No quarantine..

Nah, collecting unemployment and the stimulus add-on (starting next week).

I'm working from home but my wife is still on site every day

Da fuk i work in a warehouse and throw packages from china every day

Oh yeah im still working full hours and no end in sight

Red Army? Yellow Flu? The Finnish got zero fucks to give:)

untitled.png

I've been on workers comp disability since November of last year and I may return soon to work. Bad timing I know. Unfortunately UPS is considered "essential". I received an epidural shot monday earlier this week and it seemed to have an adverse effect. Back pain increased and my sciatica got worse. Its tempered down a bit and maybe it gets worse before it gets better. I'll see. Really hoping I don't even get better this point lol. I Have an appointment with my GP monday.

My friend from work informed me someone tested positive with Covid-19 earlier this week. And he works in the same department I do but a different shift. My friend said they disinfected the work area. They better have. I use the same two keyboard and comp as that guy.

We are still going in but the refinery is not working at full capacity. As contractorss we are still essential to the plants operation.

Back