Anyone ever play in a deathcore band, death metal ?

Oceanmachine

Tidwell belt
Banned
Reaction score
This is something I wish I did and had the talent for

also recommend me your favorite bands

No. Seems like it'd be kinda repetitive. At least for the drummer.

Pretty sure you can learn it in a couple weeks.

Almost. When I was 16 I joined one, it was led by the drummer who was in his late 20s and still lived in his parents basement. We jammed for a couple months but it broke up before we could play a show.

TBH I hated death metal then and hate it now, but thought it'd be cool to play a metal show and possibly impress some hot metal chicks.

EDIT: LOL I actually found audio of the band

I went to a show one time that was so brutal and hardcore the singer had to hit an oxygen mask in between songs. It was fuckin crazy. Like steroids for vocals I guess. Dude was screaming his ass off lmao

I can't play shit but I love some death metal. Goes without saying I'd take some of that musical talent

Last edited:
I get asked to session/perform with many bands in those genres. Its not really my thing but its fun.

I did some session work for Josh Gilbert of As i Lay Dying who was Producing a particular Deathcore Bands album...

sick. is your voice deep, medium, high? what kind of vocals is needed

Low with tone, octave lower than Amon Amarth, then high like At The Gates for accent.

You gotta open your throat and sing from way lower down. The higher stuff comes from a similar place to normal register but the lower stuff comes from using part of your apparatus that won't provide tone unless your using at least twice as much air. Gotta relax the voice box as far as it goes.

If it hurts it's because you're constricting the vocal cords. You need a sizable chest cavity to get tone in the lower register imo. Getting low without tone modulation is cheating it imo.

Fucked around when I was a teen with local groups. Guitar and vocals. Can do growls etc but never followed it up and shit.

Dismember is my fav pure death metal band. Napalm Death is considered grindcore but are up there for me

Though I'm prolly more on the melodic death side of things outside of the classics - soilwork, at the gates etc

Yeah I play guitar in a death metal band. I have been in one band or the other for the past 20 years. If it's something you want to do go out and do it before it's too late !!!

Lead guitar. Super fun and tons of creative freedom. Just gotta practice a lot or you'll be dog shit.

Back