Anyone Feel Guilty For Splurging Right Now

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Bought me some steaks for dinner and kinda felt bad cause people out their eating spam and shit and trying to save money. I was at the store watching people buy cases of Ramon noodles and I over here buying expensive cut of meat cause I can. Part of me was ashamed.

What about yaw.

It's not teh cut of steak, but how you cook em!

Had ribs for dinner tonight. They were delicious.

If this goes on a lot longer I might eat my way through my pantry, stuff I just haven't gotten to like canned salmon and the like.

I doubt it, though. I'm too fond of fresh food. When that's all gone I'll probably slip into a vac suit and hit Costco.

Last edited:
I don’t feel guilty. I busted my ass to have the things I have. If you choose to be a barista or a waiter, you earn what you have there too.

LOL at poor suckers like you eating a cow's arse.

I had my team of eight 3* Michelin star chefs prepare me a Dodo egg omelette with the sweet breads of big foot as an amuse bouche, for luncheon.

I wasn't really hungry though so just had a snickers instead, and threw the meal away.

You eat what you want and what you can.

It would be worse if you hoard all the ramen for yourself when you don't have the need.

Eating real food is part of staying healthy during something like this. I'm crushing fresh fruit and veggies and meat. Keep your immune system strong, drink lots of water, avoid sugar and junk food.

It's been a couple of weeks. People who are already living on spam made some poor decisions long before covid came along.

I'm crushing fresh fruit and veggies and meat. Keep your immune system strong, drink lots of water,

Yes sir! Been drinking lots of water and tea. Broccoli is great for your immune system and of course fruit with plenty of Vitamin C

I have been eating Jalapeno Cheetos and Easter candy, too though. Brotha gotta live a little bit

Bought me some steaks for dinner and kinda felt bad cause people out their eating spam and shit and trying to save money. I was at the store watching people buy cases of Ramon noodles and I over here buying expensive cut of meat cause I can. Part of me was ashamed.

What about yaw.

Don't be ashamed bro. By buying those steaks you're only encouraging them to kill more animals thereby keeping the spam ecosystem in place too

Last edited:
Nope. But I had my conscience surgically removed when I worked in banking.

I supported a local restaurant/craft cocktail bar by getting takeout (pizza), and a cocktail kit with gin, Rosemary Demerara syrup, and lime juice to make cocktails.

Not guilty but temporarily foolish. Then I remember this is the end of us all and figure fuck it, go out with a smile.

I diet on the weekdays but not the weekends. Today I ate six large pieces of pizza with breadsticks.

Nah, not guilt, it would be nice if everyone was doing well but thats outta my hands.

My life is so cheap at the moment its ridiculous. Many benefits to being a live in support worker, free food and company vehicles being a few of the better ones.

Just gotta have faith that money will still have value after this thing is resolved. I wont be too thrilled if bread becomes $300 a loaf if the thing isnt resolved soon.

Teleworkers, it’s our time.

All of your steaks and top shelf alcohol are belong to us.

Yeah, a little...

I bought a nice new wristwatch...

Don't really need another watch but it was a good deal for a gnarly watch (Oris Artelier small second pointer)

I don't splurge. I get what I need, And I do it cheap. I HAVE been keeping my kids and grandkids fed with good foods. I drop by their houses about twice a week to drop off boxes of food. I spurge for them. As long as I am alive my family will be ok.

Back