Anyone Feel Guilty For Splurging Right Now

I feel a little bit guilty about spending money like a mad man since yesterday by buying a bunch of shit online. I'd had a tacit agreement with my wife that I wouldn't spend too much since there's a chance that I could be laid off soon. But if that's the case we'll be fine since she earns enough for both of us to get by on comfortably & I'll get the expanded unemployment benefits too. So, fortunately, money won't be an issue for us even if I do lose my job. So, I blew most of this week's paycheck on stuff I wanted.
I didn't plan to. It happened when I got bored while surfing the web & I wound up on Amazon looking at things I'd like to have like a new laptop, a new set of headphones & a bunch of Blu-rays & 4K UHD movies. I didn't start out intending to buy them but before I knew it those things wound up in my cart & I clicked on place your order.
So, now I'm going to have mad packages coming in the mail this week & I'll have to explain to my wife what happened. Not that she'll get pissed off at me. I'm just embarrassed that I impulsively bought all that stuff.
I guess I just went a little crazy. What with COVID-19 out there running rampant I thought to myself, "Fuck it, why not?" while ordering it all.

Not really.

I shouldn't feel bad for having something good to eat just because someone does not. If I don't buy it someone else will. There are greedy fucks who panicked and bought like 100 of every item as soon as they could, I'm not one of those people, my modest purchases don't make me feel bad and neither should you

Why would you feel guilty when you did nothing wrong? Or did you?

I bought a coctel 7 mares for 20 bucks that is as much as I splurge but I can eat two times from one cup of that meal so 10 bucks a meal.

Good on you @Smokes
Our butcher is still open and looking after us so I've had some good cuts of meat the past couple of weeks
Barbecue ribs, pulled pork, sausage, skin on chicken breasts.
I froze a couple of game pies for special occasions too.

Well , I would have probably bought some more bike gear but one of our cats put paid to that , she's always had a bad eye since we rescued her. The time came and the vet had to take it out. My spare cash for the month promptly disappeared, $900 gone...mind you, she came and snuggled up in my arms for 3 hours yesterday so I figure it was worth it..

Well, I mean if you eat chili dogs that look like this all week you shouldn’t feel bad.

Sometime I forgot how good a chili dogs is.

6X3yF4P.jpg

You should see the amount of food sitting in walk ins at my work. All of it is gonna be bad by the time this opens back up. It's a tragedy.

I’m fattening up for the coming famine. When they find my frozen body 3000 years from now they will think I was King.

Never.

I earned every dollar I made.

I've donated and assisted with some charity work in my local area, but I never feel guilty for enjoying the results of my hard work.

Luckily personal finance is the one thing I don't really have to worry about at all here. Some of my businesses though are another story.. I pulled the plug on my travel company and laid off 4 of my staff. I've lost hundreds of thousands on that deal and it was one of the first times I've tried my hand at a service based business, then I end up getting burned. My sites and ecom are still doing well, but I'm down alot for the year when you add in travel biz dying + investment drops

Nope. The economy needs some splurging.

I feel a little bit guilty about spending money like a mad man since yesterday by buying a bunch of shit online. I'd had a tacit agreement with my wife that I wouldn't spend too much since there's a chance that I could be laid off soon. But if that's the case we'll be fine since she earns enough for both of us to get by on comfortably & I'll get the expanded unemployment benefits too. So, fortunately, money won't be an issue for us even if I do lose my job. So, I blew most of this week's paycheck on stuff I wanted.
I didn't plan to. It happened when I got bored while surfing the web & I wound up on Amazon looking at things I'd like to have like a new laptop, a new set of headphones & a bunch of Blu-rays & 4K UHD movies. I didn't start out intending to buy them but before I knew it those things wound up in my cart & I clicked on place your order.
So, now I'm going to have mad packages coming in the mail this week & I'll have to explain to my wife what happened. Not that she'll get pissed off at me. I'm just embarrassed that I impulsively bought all that stuff.
I guess I just went a little crazy. What with COVID-19 out there running rampant I thought to myself, "Fuck it, why not?" while ordering it all.
FFS I got my UPS teamster brothers getting sick and dying because our job is considered "essential" and we're delivering your junk.

Thought you where referring to an Audi R8 or something ..

Thought you where referring to an Audi R8 or something ..
Lol that would be a bit absurd at a time like this, but I do believe car dealerships are still open?...Maybe it's just the service department.....I've gotten two emails from Audi this week telling me to bring my car in for service.

Lol that would be a bit absurd at a time like this, but I do believe car dealerships are still open?...Maybe it's just the service department.....I've gotten two emails from Audi this week telling me to bring my car in for service.

My buddy in Chicago works for Lexus, the dealer is closed but he can do online deals...I miss my Audi a little, having enough money to buy is one thing..worrying about who is going to slam a shopping cart into is another..

I’m currently really enjoying driving a dented mess..everyone stays away, it’s a Good Covid ride..

I don’t feel guilty. I busted my ass to have the things I have. If you choose to be a barista or a waiter, you earn what you have there too.

This is an extremely ignorant and short sighted view. I’m doing fine financially but I don’t look down on the people who make a society run on a daily basis. It also implies these people don’t work hard. Which they do.

we see right now In real time the people who help drive the entire AMERICAN economy are those people you listed. Along with truck drivers, supermarket and warehouse workers, nurses, hotel and restaurant workers across the board.

without these people we have no functioning society at all. If these supermarket workers decided not to come in because they’re afraid to get infected you’d be completely fucked and so would everyone else

People should realize by now that covid is a health crisis. It’s main threats are to overwhelm our medical facilities and damage our economy. It is not a supply crisis. There is no need to horde money or household goods. If you have money to spend then do it so we can keep the economy chugging along. Just buy stuff you are going to use and don’t clean out the shelves at the grocery stores. If you have enough resources to help out others this would be a great time to do that as well.

Back