Anyone Feel Guilty For Splurging Right Now

Not in the slightest. I have worked hard and continue to work hard for what I have. There is a difference between splurging and wasteful.

Why would anyone feel guilty about that? The economy needs people spending that can afford it right now. The wife and I are earning more than ever now as our lines of business are still incredibly busy.

I want to splurge on gym equipment but everything I want is sold out. ☹️

This is an extremely ignorant and short sighted view. I’m doing fine financially but I don’t look down on the people who make a society run on a daily basis. It also implies these people don’t work hard. Which they do.

we see right now In real time the people who help drive the entire AMERICAN economy are those people you listed. Along with truck drivers, supermarket and warehouse workers, nurses, hotel and restaurant workers across the board.

without these people we have no functioning society at all. If these supermarket workers decided not to come in because they’re afraid to get infected you’d be completely fucked and so would everyone else
Nah, you missed my point. We all make choices. And based on those choices we earn whatever we have. I wasn’t disparaging other professions. Although I could tell you right now I could live without baristas and cashiers no problem. I already do. Those jobs used to be for college kids and retirees looking for pocket money. They were never intended for people to support and make livings off of. So the left fights for living wages off jobs monkeys can do, and then business owners go automated and jobs are gone. 15 an hour for certain jobs is ridiculous. There is a generation of people who choose service industry jobs as livings because they don’t want the stress of corporate America. That’s a choice and it’s fine, but I won’t feel guilty because I didn’t make that choice and have more. By the way, I waitered and bar tended for years.

I’ve been fighting an urge to buy stuff I can do without, so I can invest more in the stock market.

It’s time for us delivery drivers to shine bro.
I get good meat cuts at my local grocery store at very good prices, splurged on a $16 tomahawk steak myself last week.
<{silvanormal}>

Enjoy it while it lasts.

albundy.jpg

Bought me some steaks for dinner and kinda felt bad cause people out their eating spam and shit and trying to save money. I was at the store watching people buy cases of Ramon noodles and I over here buying expensive cut of meat cause I can. Part of me was ashamed.

What about yaw.

If anything I don't take it for granted

Nah, you missed my point. We all make choices. And based on those choices we earn whatever we have. I wasn’t disparaging other professions. Although I could tell you right now I could live without baristas and cashiers no problem. I already do. Those jobs used to be for college kids and retirees looking for pocket money. They were never intended for people to support and make livings off of. So the left fights for living wages off jobs monkeys can do, and then business owners go automated and jobs are gone. 15 an hour for certain jobs is ridiculous. There is a generation of people who choose service industry jobs as livings because they don’t want the stress of corporate America. That’s a choice and it’s fine, but I won’t feel guilty because I didn’t make that choice and have more. By the way, I waitered and bar tended for years.

You came off looking bad and no one is asking you to feel guilty either. Just don’t look down on the real people who keep the American economy moving on a daily basis.

I ate a filet mignon two nights ago. But how can you pass on those nine ounce choice cuts when you're at Costco?

I don't feel bad for anything I buy right now.

I do feel bad knowing that if there is an all-out economic collapse, my job will probably be unaffected and I'll benefit from it financially while others are struggling.

Splurging = stimulating the economy

I'm not stealing from anyone.. why would i feel guilty? i've worked the shittiest jobs for peanuts and i would never blame those better off.. they owe me nothing and i owe them nothing..

Bought me some steaks for dinner and kinda felt bad cause people out their eating spam and shit and trying to save money. I was at the store watching people buy cases of Ramon noodles and I over here buying expensive cut of meat cause I can. Part of me was ashamed.

What about yaw.

I really want to go splurge right now because I’m on commission at my law firm and I settled two contingency files that will pay out this month, so while the world economy is in tatters my gross pay for April is going to be about $30k, by far the best pay day I’ve ever had in my career.

However, I don’t want to spend any of it because I don’t know what the next 3-6 months will hold. Maybe this will be my last pay cheque for the rest of the year for all I know.

i splurge all the time because i have to not eat if i want to save some money

so nothing changed

People should realize by now that covid is a health crisis. It’s main threats are to overwhelm our medical facilities and damage our economy. It is not a supply crisis. There is no need to horde money or household goods. If you have money to spend then do it so we can keep the economy chugging along. Just buy stuff you are going to use and don’t clean out the shelves at the grocery stores. If you have enough resources to help out others this would be a great time to do that as well.

Damage to the economy will/may eventually become a supply crisis.

Nope. Everything I ordered is being delivered by the USPS.

It comes though us before it gets to the Post Office. We ship it across country and then hand it over to USPS off the last mile.

Back