Anyone have any experience with SCR lowers?

I'd say buyer beware. They have a spotty reputation for supporting the SCR.

PS- Also these were rifles that were introduced for $600 bucks. Then they change company name and bump the price to over $1000 while creating an artificial shortage of them.

I thought they pulled them from their online store because they were making the wooden stock lowers with a bolt catch. *Shrug*

I thought they pulled them from their online store because they were making the wooden stock lowers with a bolt catch. *Shrug*

You mean the $30 or so part you can just drop in the lower? If you live in a restrictive state, then by all means, give the SCR a shot if Mini 14's and M1A's don't appeal to you. But if you live in a free state, just build yourself a cheaper AR that will probably be better. For what they charge for the lower, you can build a whole rifle. And anyone who buys the whole rifle will just drop more coin on a better upper anyways. That's about the only thing the SCR has over traditional stock offerings right now. AR mag compatibility. Ruger messed up big time by making the Mini14 have proprietary magazines. That's why Ruger made sure their new PC Carbine took Glock mags. If they didn't, no one would buy it.

It will really come down to what purpose will this build serve in reference to where you live. Unless you just like the concept, then have at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back