Anyone have exp starting their own brand?

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but they are of a higher standard than the previous MXN incarnation. The padding is a foam/horsehair combination and very compact. The thumb has also been lengthened fractionally.

If there's enough interest, I'm happy to create a thread on my experience in developing a brand.
Hey brother, we’d love some insight into the glove business. As much time as I spend in them, I’d like to hear some of the challenges a glove maker faces. I just wish I could fight as good as your gloves look and feel. I’d still be undefeated at 57 years old. We often take it for granted that a lot of thought and intent are put into a well made pair of gloves. The intent of the maker is often apparent. So is the regard the maker has for his glove users. An example would be Everlast. Their budget entry gloves shows you they think you are stupid and lazy. Stupid in that they name two lines Elite or Powerlocks, one line is plastic bags with padding and the other are real gloves. They also think you will soon tire of training and quit before you can pop a seam or bottom out the padding.

I just got my TopBoxer Win1's and wouldn't consider them very comparable to Winning. In terms of the softness of the outer padding only. Everything else is different. (Not necessarily worse, as the TopBoxer velcro is way better than the abysmal stock Winning velcro).

Honestly I would abandon the idea of a "cheaper winning" because that's basically what everyone tries and if it was that easy, it would be done by now.

On the topic of starting your own brand, I would love to hear from anyone who may have actually attempted to MAKE their own gloves. I think that's really the only way to do it otherwise it's all just pakistan/china clones, no? And unless you're a company that can control the process entirely like Rival or TopBoxer, then you are still in the same boat you were in at the beginning.

Of course starting from scratch means expensive. I'm thinking Fly and Onx. But at least you get something truly custom and different and new.

Back