• Yes and I still do it

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Tried it but don't do it much any more

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No, never tried it

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
When I was 13, I tried it.
But I did watch Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and I'm fairly certain it had some Tai Chi in it. That basically makes me an expert.

I like to do tai chi/yoga/shadow boxing in an empty field in nature pretending I'm a good martial artist while I play this on my speaker.

I did Tai chi and i was sweating my ass off, and i stopped halfway thru. I had no idea what I was doing.
I do qi gong and it was a lot easier and seems to be a starting point for tai chi.
This is the exact video, I purchased it for like 13 dollars, I haven't tried it in a year. I could probably do it now with all my qi gong practice and shaolin practice, specifically with this Shifu, Yan Lei.

Considering I thought tai chi was the easy kung fu, I was shocked to find I couldn't keep up at all, lol .

I actually practiced Tai Chi for a couple years while still in Montreal and did some push hands also. Was definitely interesting and drastically improved my balance/stability. This was 2008 when my son was born and I was looking for a way to keep training but keeping things calm (was boxing for several years before that). Then I found bjj in 2010 and stuck to grappling from then on. Might go back to Tai Chi as I get older, as it was a form of very cool moving meditation 🙂

Back