Anyone remember tomas rios?

Tomas Rios - Joe Rogan calling a Brazilian kick the "question mark kick" during Griffin/Lentz is pantheon level cluelessness.

Joe Rogan - He's a dumb ****. That's exactly what it's called. Before it was ever the Brazilian kick it was also called a "fake front kick roundhouse kick."

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Rogans the man! Rios is a punk who knows dick about MMA

The Voice Michael Schiavello - It got called The Brazilian Kick because Francisco Filho would throw it to great effect and then other Brazilians like Feitosa would use it similarly... so the Japanese mostly dubbed it the Brazilian Kick as a catchy gimmick because the Brazilians (started with Filho) made it their kickboxing specialty. Before that it was called, commonly, a question mark kick because the foot paints an invisible question mark in the air as it travels.

BTW even before Filho was using it, other Brazilians like Ademir daCosta used it... but Filho made it truly famous.

BTW again... Filho used to call in often just a Kubi Geri (kobe geri) or neck kick.

It has also been called an upside down kick because you sneak OVER the top and the opponent's defense and then come down with the kick.

But hey, a dumb **** wouldn't know this! ;-)

Sean McCorkle - Statements like that are exactly the reason I got Rios fired from Sherdog

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1731713&page=1

Here he is at his best and getting owned lol

lol thanks Van1ty.

I've been wondering what Rossen's dumb ass is up to.

Actually, I had completely forgot about him.

Thanks for the chuckles.

nice.

nothing will surprise a sherdogger but the average slate reader will learn a lot. AND come away with a negative opinion about UFC.

he hasn't changed much since leaving sherdog, has he???

That guy is touched in the head. If the UFC has been good for Fox, how is that not good for the UFC?

That guy is touched in the head. If the UFC has been good for Fox, how is that not good for the UFC?

read it again:

A lot of it, though, is a consequence of how badly UFC got played by Fox.

Still, the simplest and most logical explanation for the decline is this: The UFC has been running lousy shows.

But even as it gave the UFC some steady income, Fox extracted commitments that have all but crippled its new partner. Those commitments came in the form of massive amounts of content, something Fox is ravenous for in light of its aggressive expansion efforts. In 2010, the UFC ran a total of 24 cards, including those on PPV. By the end of this year, the UFC will have put on 31 shows, more than half of them staged for Fox, FX, or Fuel, a number that should rise yet again when the Fox Sports 1 channel launches some time in 2013. None of this even takes into account episodes of The Ultimate Fighter, or the way Fuel is all but branded as the UFC Network, with an endless array of programs like UFC Insider and UFC Tonight in addition to reruns of old fights, soft-focus specials promoting upcoming cards, and such.

From Shanks’ perspective, there’s no problem here. “The bulk of UFC is on Fuel,” he says, “and I think that’s been a smashing success. It’s the fastest growing network in all of television.” Leveraging the UFC to increase carriage rates for that network, and to increase FX’s reach into desirable demographics, are clear wins for Fox. It’s just not clear that they’ve been wins for the UFC.​

you can disagree with his point, but don't say he doesn't have one. and, it's one that has been floated around here many times.

still, i agree with you; $100m/yr can buy Dana a lot of leeway.

Back