Anyone still playing No Mans Sky?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I heard they did some updates and greatly improved the gameplay. I was excited about this game but never got it because of the response. Anyone playing it?

tenor.gif

I heard they are going to come out with another big update. I might it get if it drops to $15 on steam.

I was one of the few who found it entertaining and got the platinum for it. Haven't done any of the expansions but one day I'll jump back in and check it out.

I was saying in the old threads since before it came out that the game seemed way too bare bones.

It was an interesting concept, I'd still be tempted to pick up if it ever goes dirt cheap on a steam sale though.

I reinstalled a few months back but deleted it again and don't remember why

if it's $15-25 range then it's probably worth it just for a meditative experience.

it really doesn't feel like a living world though so that is a let down, but it's still a somewhat fun solitaire adventure.

Been a while since i played. Gave it another go after the big updates but didn't play for long. Might check it out again in the near future to see what's up.

Huge update coming. Super hyped for the addition of VR support. Feel like the game was tailor made for it.

It doesn't happen a ton anymore, because movie trailers suck and give away the whole story, but do any of you remember the time when trailers were a big part of whether or not you went to see a movie, and there were some trailers that just got you so hyped, they were so titillating, so thrilling, you watched the trailer 25x just because it was such an experience....then the movie came out, it was mediocre pulp, which you came to realize was its destiny, it couldn't be anything more, because the concept was shallow, and that the movie really existed to make money born out of an idea for a killer movie trailer?

No Man's Sky is the videogame version of that.

It doesn't happen a ton anymore, because movie trailers suck and give away the whole story, but do any of you remember the time when trailers were a big part of whether or not you went to see a movie, and there were some trailers that just got you so hyped, they were so titillating, so thrilling, you watched the trailer 25x just because it was such an experience....then the movie came out, it was mediocre pulp, which you came to realize was its destiny, it couldn't be anything more, because the concept was shallow, and that the movie really existed to make money born out of an idea for a killer movie trailer?

No Man's Sky is the videogame version of that.
Welcome to 2016.

Welcome to 2016.
I recall you protesting this in 2016.

Hope you and the rest of the four thousand of you still playing this game in 2019 are riveted by all the new "content".

I recall you protesting this in 2016.

Hope you and the rest of the four thousand of you still playing this game in 2019 are riveted by all the new content.
Lol at the appeal to popularity. I will enjoy the update, Dildo.

Lol at the appeal to popularity. I will enjoy the update, Dildo.
It's an appeal to "populism", and you really ought to learn what these things mean before you try to use them. This counterargument only works when the matter of in contention is attempting to establish an objective value. Since the point of the game is subjective enjoyment, specifically whether or not there is a feeling that one has anything to actually do, this appeal is a valid form of logical evidence.

I can't comment on how it launched, but looking at some of the big key features that weren't there at launch, I struggle to think that it was anything but a monotonous grind for little reward.

That said, I got it a month ago, and if you like open world sandbox base building games, you can't go wrong. The grind is still very real, and it can get tedious at times, but if you put the effort in, it's quite rewarding. All of it's systems work and are explained well enough that won't need a wiki to grasp it all, like with some other games of the same ilk. On top of that, it does have a lot of traditional action adventure campaign elements, that offers more of a purpose to all of it, if you find it hard to just create your own adventure and mess around and explore on your own.

My only real complaint would be that there are certain things that could be better streamlined. The tedious busywork of keeping your mining tool charged, gets very tiresome very quickly. I also find having a very limited inventory, to be a nuisance that adds very little to the immersion, and just frustrates more than anything. For a game as big as this, with an absurd amount of items to stockpile, having a very limited inventory(even after it's upgraded a bit) just doesn't make any sense to me from a gameplay standpoint.

Other than those minor quibbles though, if you have even a passing interest in these types of games, it's worth a look. There is certainly no shortage of things do in it that will keep you busy for as long as you want it to.

It's an appeal to "populism", and you really ought to learn what these things mean before you try to use them. This counterargument only works when the matter of in contention is attempting to establish an objective value. Since the point of the game is subjective enjoyment, specifically whether or not there is a feeling that one has anything to actually do, this appeal is a valid form of logical evidence.
Nah, you were trying to validate your negative opinion on a game you've never played by throwing in a jab at its popularity.

So, much like that opinion, no one cares.

Whoever came up with that username of yours really nailed it.

Nah, you were trying to validate your negative opinion on a game you've never played by throwing in a jab at its popularity.

So, much like that opinion, no one cares.

Whoever came up with that username of yours really nailed it.
<TrumpWrong1>

I bought it used for like $10 and did not enjoy it. I like the premise but the execution is so poor. I heard they added VR which could be amazing if the game was better.

I'll give it another try after the big update. Looks like the game has changed dramatically.

Back