Anyone with similar voices to Warren Zevon?

Woldog

SherGOAT
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Ever since I was little my dad would listen to Warren Zevon and he's kind of ingrained in my musical tastes simply because it reminds me of my childhood (though I'm not sure Excitable boy and Roland the headless thompson gunner are great role models for a 8 year old) are there any singers with similar voices?

That's gonna be tough, Zevon had a pretty distinctive voice and you pretty much know it's him even if you've never heard the song before.
Closest I can think of off the top of my head is Mark Knopfler, former lead singer of Dire Straits.

That's gonna be tough, Zevon had a pretty distinctive voice and you pretty much know it's him even if you've never heard the song before.
Closest I can think of off the top of my head is Mark Knopfler, former lead singer of Dire Straits.

Agreed, he had one of the most distinct voices I've ever heard. It was raw yet somehow drew you in.

Not really a similar voice but maybe a similar overall style I'd say John Cale circa Slow Dazzle, slick singer songwriter production mixed with a more sinister side(albeit a good deal more of that with Cale).

Not really a similar voice but maybe a similar overall style I'd say John Cale circa Slow Dazzle, slick singer songwriter production mixed with a more sinister side(albeit a good deal more of that with Cale).

I agree it is a very similar style, the bass guitar is played at a very similar tempo to most Warren Zevon songs.

Back