aqua bags

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
never tried one but like look and idea small bag but can take a pounding good for space

friend is building a backyard gym so wedelike to get one but the main company charges quit alot anyone have experience with these? and know of a good cheaper alternative that is basically the same?

Taylor made tuff end buoy.

Same stuff without pimp colors. On the aqua bag it is written Taylor made.

never tried one but like look and idea small bag but can take a pounding good for space

friend is building a backyard gym so wedelike to get one but the main company charges quit alot anyone have experience with these? and know of a good cheaper alternative that is basically the same?
do search on the forum loads of posts on this

I literally just use a regular boat fender for it... exactly the same thing just slightly harder to fill.
boat-fender-250x250.jpg

Hi guys,

Sorry for reviving an old thread, I can't make my own yet.

I've got a A3 (18in/460mm) polyform buoys coming, plan on making my own water bag.

Question is what size chain, swivel & shackle?

I was thinking Jaw and Jaw swivel at the top to cut out the need for loads of qucklinks but don't know what size...all I have so far is the buoy and a 22mm shackle (I got thay with it). Any help for jaw and jaw size and chain size would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Is there also a cheap alternative for the bag stand as well?

Probably something like this

12 mm x 36mm Short Link Galvanised Anchor Mooring Chain Lifting Boat Yacht

10mm might be ok too

I would go for whatever size jaw and jaws fits the chain you are going for.

Also you don’t need you use a chain you could hang with climbing rope which would be less noisy depending where it’s going to be hung.

what you hanging it from?

10mm might be ok too

Also you don’t need you use a chain you could hang with climbing rope which would be less noisy depending where it’s going to be hung.

Yeah i ended up getting 10mm chain and 8mm jaw & jaw cheers RD.

I was thinking of using some 11mm static rope I've got for work but 1m of 10mm chain was like £6....Its cost like £65/£70, can't belive some company's charge 160 for the same size!

10mm might be ok too

You mean a heavy bag stand? Scaffold and concrete

I would probably need a welder no? The difficult part is I have no where to put it outside so it would be indoors.

Yeah i ended up getting 10mm chain and 8mm jaw & jaw cheers RD.

I was thinking of using some 11mm static rope I've got for work but 1m of 10mm chain was like £6....Its cost like £65/£70, can't belive some company's charge 160 for the same size!
Nice one....I had the 18inch aqua bag but I got it in the sale at made4fighters years ago I think 30% off but I sold it at start of first lockdown and got a jumbo ringside bag. I have the 9inch aqua bag and a a1 bouy the 12inch though as well .

the aqua bag definitely overpriced as lots of alternative now.

how you going to hang yours from a rafter?

I would probably need a welder no? The difficult part is I have no where to put it outside so it would be indoors.
No you can use brackets a lot will depend on the bag you hang though
5E2BA08D-8906-4842-96B5-85610B835637.jpeg

Nice one....I had the 18inch aqua bag but I got it in the sale at made4fighters years ago I think 30% off but I sold it at start of first lockdown and got a jumbo ringside bag. I have the 9inch aqua bag and a a1 bouy the 12inch though as well .

the aqua bag definitely overpriced as lots of alternative now.

how you going to hang yours from a rafter?

I need something to keep me going during this lockdown! I did want an angle bag but waa going to cost a fair bit with delivery and extra filling.

I got a heavy duty wall bracket so going to stick it outside with some anchor bolts.

How heavy is that bag? I'm wanting the big 190 lb aqua bag, but the tricky part is I need to be able to hang it up without making holes in my house or anything
I would say about 80kg maybe more. It’s much heavier than a 18inch filled aqua bag I had before. Be hard to make something indoors easiest think would be construct two a frames out of scaffold and a bar down the middle to hang it from seen that done before but outside not inside. I ended up using a lot of concrete on mine

I need something to keep me going during this lockdown! I did want an angle bag but waa going to cost a fair bit with delivery and extra filling.

I got a heavy duty wall bracket so going to stick it outside with some anchor bolts.
Just make sure it’s solid brick not breeze or blocks and guess should be ok

I would say about 80kg maybe more. It’s much heavier than a 18inch filled aqua bag I had before. Be hard to make something indoors easiest think would be construct two a frames out of scaffold and a bar down the middle to hang it from seen that done before but outside not inside. I ended up using a lot of concrete on mine
That's why I may have to just buy the stand that comes with the aqua bag. It fits in my house and doesn't require any drilling or anything from what I know

That’s quiet a universal design you might be able to find an in branded one cheaper or maybe a 2nd hand one. I think you would need to weigh it down too

I got the orange buoy in @Woldog's picture (ie the Polyform A5).
It's 27 inches in diameter by 36 inches tall.
I can't remember how many gallons of water that works out to, but it was supposed to be over 400lbs filled.
Hanging it was tough.
I bought some 6" by 8" lumber to straddle across 2 ceiling beams and hang the bag mount.
I secured this makeshift joist with extra strength zip ties and some L brackets.
The mount itself was an 1800lb capacity swing hanger.
To extend down from the mount I got 1200lb-rated M8 steel carabiners.
I also tried a hammock chair spring rated to 660lbs, but that actually stretched out pretty quick.
Finally, I got a 1inch, 8.5 ton rated Titan Bow Type Anchor Shackle (nothing else would fit the hole in the buoy).

I had some painful lessons learned in this one:
1. make sure you get a gas siphon pump in case you need to empty water
2. do NOT fill more than half way, the buoy will stretch a lot if you do (especially the mounting hole). i imagine it will eventually break.
3. it's better to hang it higher than you would initially guess
4. related to #3, punching on the top half of the buoy will likely lead to wrist injuries

After all the work & expense in hanging it, I gave up on it after I realized that punching it was just not an enjoyable experience.
The roundness of the buoy meant that i was constantly worried about hitting at a bad angle and snapping my wrist.
It was so wide, that I had to flair my hooks if I didn't park myself outside the bag.
In the end, I went with a 5' 150lb bag from Pro Boxing Equipment and have not regretted that choice for a minute.

@ericPorkChop that sounds like a ton of effort!!!!
The A5s are huge so I can see why haha nightmare.
I was contemplating the A4 but that can weight up to 80kg+ apparently. I just wanted something over 35kg so it hasn't got as much movement when I'm on the bag.

I've ordered all my gear so as soon as its up and sorted all upload a picture.
In my head it'll work a dream but.....yano ha.

I've got a heavy duty wall bracket, which will hold up to 250kg, I'll be fixing with about 4 m8 anchor bolts to the outside wall straight into the brick.
8mm jaw & jaw swivel connected to the bracket, that's has a 2.5t breaking load.
Instead of getting a spring I've got some 10mm shortlink chain thats rated for 5t, that'll be connected to the jaw and im going to stick a petzl oxan carabiner on the end of the chain to connect to the 22mm bow shackle what will be on the bag. Carabiner is rated for 38t and shackle for 5t. So hopefully nothing will break....famous last words.

I dont think I'll need that much chain though but enough to absorb some of the impact. Plus the bracket can double up as a pull up bar, not like I can do them haha and I can also fit a TRX to it.

Back