Are Indian wrestlers legit?

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Theres been talk that MMA is getting very popular in India region, pakistan too. Guessing its because Khabibs popularity? Or Maybe all the events One Fc keeps doing in Asia.

I know they have a traditional wrestling called Kushti which is competed outdoors in a muddy area. Does India have a strong martial arts history outside of wrestling like striking arts?

How fast can they be competitive in UFC if they already have some wrestling history?

Seen a bunch of pics and alot of them are jacked

Recca3dfe41414a6ae96f0603fff90e10

Theres been talk that MMA is getting very popular in India region, pakistan too. Guessing its because Khabibs popularity? Or Maybe all the events One Fc keeps doing in Asia.

I know they have a traditional wrestling called Kushti which is competed outdoors in a muddy area. Does India have a strong martial arts history?

How fast can they be competitive in UFC if they already have some wrestling history?

*I can only speak for Punjab*

I don't recall anyone in Punjab knowing what MMA is. If asked, they just call it "wrestling" haha.

Punjab has a decent wrestling history, but it's primarily local stuff. Not freestyle or Greco-Roman.

Truthfully, India is general does not have an athletic culture outside Cricket. Even if we had the next Ngannou, he'd be a rice farmer somewhere starving along with his family on like 2 cents a day.

I know they have a traditional wrestling called Kushti which is competed outdoors in a muddy area. Does India have a strong martial arts history outside of wrestling like striking arts?

No

This

Comparing India to the Middle East because both are brown is like comparing England to Russia because both are white haha.
Khabib is white and India and Pakistan have two of the highest muslim and white-worshipping (srs) populations in the world so it makes sense why he'd be partially responsible for MMA popularity in the region

India is good but nothing too special at wrestling. And wrestling aside, they are quite a nullity in martial arts.

*I can only speak for Punjab*

I don't recall anyone in Punjab knowing what MMA is. If asked, they just call it "wrestling" haha.

Punjab has a decent wrestling history, but it's primarily local stuff. Not freestyle or Greco-Roman.

Truthfully, India is general does not have an athletic culture outside Cricket. Even if we had the next Ngannou, he'd be a rice farmer somewhere starving along with his family on like 2 cents a day.

India needs to do what China is doing and do that selective breeding shit to Bio Engineer a formidable Olympic Squad, you're the other country with Billions to choose from and your Olympic Achievements are shit considering the population

Back