Are us TUF noobs now the seasoned longtime MMA fans?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I first got into MMA when I watched TUF 5 on Spike TV.

I thought it was awesome and I got all my friends to watch it and started ordering PPVs at my house.

I basically missed Pride. I came in at the end of it, and went back and watched a whole bunch of Pride fights and highlight reels on YouTube.

That was almost 12 years ago.

I order every pay per view and I trained off and on for a few years but never really got very far. I was taking training more seriously right before Covid but then Covid happened and my gym is shut down, probably forever.

I remember the hype behind Rashad and Rampage when they sold a million PPVs.

And I’m on Sherdog every day.

Are most people here from TUF?

I sure as hell didn’t watch UFC 1. I was a baby then.

a4756c87026d6f77e4a4dbb42ba7ecaa.gif

I first got into MMA when I watched TUF 5 on Spike TV.

I thought it was awesome and I got all my friends to watch it and started ordering PPVs at my house.

I basically missed Pride. I came in at the end of it, and went back and watched a whole bunch of Pride fights and highlight reels on YouTube.

That was almost 12 years ago.

I order every pay per view and I trained off and on for a few years but never really got very far. I was taking training more seriously right before Covid but then Covid happened and my gym is shut down, probably forever.

I remember the hype behind Rashad and Rampage when they sold a million PPVs.

And I’m on Sherdog every day.

Are most people here from TUF?

I sure as hell didn’t watch UFC 1. I was a baby then.
If you didn't rent UFC VHS tapes at blockbuster then you are a noob .

Never forget my watching pride during the day with my dad and he’s like let’s check out this ultimate fighter show. I was maybe 10 years old then? I’m 28 now. He’d tell me stories of Royce Gracie being a legend, even at that time. What a ride man. Long live TUF.

I think it was Pride/UFC vets, then TUF noobs, then FOX noobs. Now it's onto ESPN noobs?

Depends on the season they start with.
I honestly dgaf when you started watching though.
If you are interested, entertained, and enjoying yourself, cool.
Have a blast.

If you didn't rent UFC VHS tapes at blockbuster then you are a noob .

I hated going to blockbuster. My stone was always strong and their strip light brightness was always stronger. Fuck my eyes must have looked like the devils back when I was renting those UFC VHS tapes.

Blockbuster VJS was the fucking shit back in the day... me and my boys would be so excited when they released the new events.

also yes TS you and most of this thread are fucking noobs. You don’t even have the join date (or lurk date) of someone I would dub the monicker Tuf noob to.

Where the Brock noobs at?

he brought us over as ex WWE fans

Yes, during my first account here 2009-2012, i was constantly referred to as a tuf noob becuase i only started watching after season 1.

Now i feel like I'm one of the oldest here in terms of actually the UFC. Times change my friends

Back