Law Are you surprised that Texas has made the move to push many conservative laws recently?

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Seeing how Texas is truly not even a red state, it's a purple state that some believe can turn blue within the next few decades. Among the new Texas laws are a voting law that some are calling restrictive, an abortion law that is apparently more restrictive than in any other state in the nation, first state to make prostitution a felony, largest state to enact permitless carry, ban on homeless encampments, ban on critical race theory, laws against protestors blocking roads and hospitals. How do you see these laws being received in Texas long term and short term? Given the growing number of Democrat voters in the state

I see it as some Texans voting within what they believe is a cultural war right now. At least that’s how many of my fellow Texans that I’ve talked to have said.

I do see the demographics shifting very quickly though so in a couple years who knows?

It's a death rattle. Texas has XXL economic value though.
Let them secede

Also horrible to make prostitution a felony

I love how "homosexual conduct" is still illegal per the state penal code even though the SCOTUS rendered the law unenforceable on account of... Lawrence vs. Texas in 2003. They deliberately keep it on the books in spite of that.

<Dany07>

Seeing how Texas is truly not even a red state, it's a purple state that some believe can turn blue within the next few decades. Among the new Texas laws are a voting law that some are calling restrictive, an abortion law that is apparently more restrictive than in any other state in the nation, first state to make prostitution a felony, largest state to enact permitless carry, ban on homeless encampments, ban on critical race theory, laws against protestors blocking roads and hospitals. How do you see these laws being received in Texas long term and short term? Given the growing number of Democrat voters in the state

Sounds real purple to me....

Honestly both parties are catering to their fringes and passing absurd bullshit.

Texas is just the republican version. California is the democrat side of the coin.
Texas is a hard blue state though, that doesn't show any signs of flipping any time soon. Kinda makes sense for them to pass a bunch of left leaning policies that the vast majority in their state will support anyways

Seeing how Texas is truly not even a red state, it's a purple state that some believe can turn blue within the next few decades.

giphy.gif

I would hate to live there. Would be much better to live in a state where protesters can block streets and hospitals whenever they want. I want homeless encampments everywhere, kids indoctrinated into fake racist history and hookers all over the place.

How are we ever going to progress as a society if we don't start mandating that these things become normal?

It's a death rattle. Texas has XXL economic value though.

I love how "homosexual conduct" is still illegal per the state penal code even though the SCOTUS rendered the law unenforceable on account of... Lawrence vs. Texas in 2003. They deliberately keep it on the books in spite of that.

<Dany07>
Pretty much sums it up.

Republicans appear to be hastening their demise. Never underestimate the ability of Dems to fuck opportunities up though.
you just need to look at who they put in the white house to know that for a fact. They are gutless. When they thought Trump was untouchable no one wanted to run. When they realized the Emperor had no clothes it was too late.

Not going to happen because hollywood isn't coming with the immigration. People move there because it is more friendly in general on your wallet. As people make more money they care less and less about liberal pipe dreams and more about maintaining their wealth. People become more conservative as they age, not more liberal. Maybe they will take the party back from the nuthouse Republicans though.

also, isn't it weird that those white supremacist mexican democrats are saying hey joe you got this border thing wrong why don't you or que mala come down and have some proper discourse on the issue. to no avail i might add

Back