ARES FC 2

Still feels a bit random, somehow known names but not really names that attract many viewers.( And in the case of Henrique with an extremly boring fightingstyle)

I don't really see what their target audience is, they fill their cards with random international fighters, that don't belong to the top and hold their events at weird places. If they already started to attack the western african market, wouldn't it be smarter to focus on guys like reug reug as their main attraction and build local guys up instead of flying in, such expensive but not "attractive" foreign fighters, that nobody cares about over there and even hardcores barely care about.
A shame, because there is a big, untapped, potential talent-pool in africa.

Who is paying for them anyway? Can't imagine that this event in senegal was profitable.

Feels a bit like Brave, but there it is quite obvious who is paying for it and that they don't care about viewing figures.

Last edited:
I don't really see what their target audience is, they fill their cards with random international fighters, that don't belong to the top and hold their events at weird places. If they already started to attack the western african market, wouldn't it be smarter to focus on guys like reug reug as their main attraction and build local guys up instead of flying in, such expensive but not "attractive" foreign fighters, that nobody cares about over there and even hardcores barely care about.

Who is paying for them anyway? Can't imagine that this event in senegal was profitable.
I think it's more a way to kick start the MMA in France. Looks like they are matching known veterans with french and african prospects to act as a UFC satellite. The African market is probably not profitable in term of audience, but the talent pool is real.
Once french fighters get in the UFC, they can schedule an event in France.

Maybe goverment helping them to promote Senegal.

Awesome. I remember meeting three French MMA fighters in Slovenia around 2014. They were travelling Europe doing charity work and taking pro fights where they could, due to being unable to fight pro in France. Super cool guys and good to drink with, glad to see France is now starting to build some steam!

Aukstuolis looks like 15 years old.

Still feels a bit random, somehow known names but not really names that attract many viewers.( And in the case of Henrique with an extremly boring fightingstyle)

Feels a bit like Brave, but there it is quite obvious who is paying for it and that they don't care about viewing figures.

I think they want to be like a French Cage Rage feeder org for the UFC.

Didn't know about this promotion, thanks for the share.

I was wondering about Teodoras was doing. I wonder why they’re doing this at heavyweight instead of 205.

Ares FC with a strong showing from their first 2 cards. Good stuff.

I enjoyed the first card . I liked the production and Robin Black commentating.

Back