Artists with a run of 5+ "great" albums

Mother Sky is one of the best tracks they've done for sure. I still think it's very good, I guess it depends how strict you're being with the great moniker. Like I say imo I can't really think of any artist that's done five albums in a row I'd consider great.

Again i think those other two tracks are some of my favourites, Don't Turn on the Light is one of the best Can "ethnic shuffles" IMHO.

Going back to Zep you could argue that even if you think the albums after the first four are too patchy there was actually the material to make them pretty much flawless IMHO. Houses of the Holy could have had The Rover, the title track or even Black Country Woman on it rather than The Crunge and D'yer Maker, Physical Graffiti could have just included the material from 74 on a single album...

In The Light
Custard Pie
Sick Again
Tramples Underfoot
Ten Years Gone
In My Time of Dying
The Wanton Song
Kashmir

Presense could have dropped Royal Orleans and Candystory Rock and had that great piano instrumental that came out on the remasters....

I'm glad we got the other stuff as its at least fun and some of its very good but they could have put out 7 pretty much flawless single albums in a row if they'd wanted to.

Again i think those other two tracks are some of my favourites, Don't Turn on the Light is one of the best Can "ethnic shuffles" IMHO.

Going back to Zep you could argue that even if you think the albums after the first four are too patchy there was actually the material to make them pretty much flawless IMHO. Houses of the Holy could have had The Rover, the title track or even Black Country Woman on it rather than The Crunge and D'yer Maker, Physical Graffiti could have just included the material from 74 on a single album...

In The Light
Custard Pie
Sick Again
Tramples Underfoot
Ten Years Gone
In My Time of Dying
The Wanton Song
Kashmir

Presense could have dropped Royal Orleans and Candystory Rock and had that great piano instrumental that came out on the remasters....

I'm glad we got the other stuff as its at least fun and some of its very good but they could have put out 7 pretty much flawless single albums in a row if they'd wanted to.

I'm not really a massive Zep fan tbh, I don't think I'd classify any of their albums as great, although I'm aware I'm in the minority there.

Minutemen

The Punch Line
What Makes a Man Start Fires?
Double Nickles on the Dime
3-Way Tie (For Last)

They fall just short of 5 (but go past it if you include their EP's) only due to D. Boon's death, but I'm going to list them anyways because they are one of my favorite bands.

A lot of people didn't love Album of the Year, but I think all of the Faith No More albums are great.

Introduce Yourself (1987)
The Real Thing (1989)
Angel Dust (1992)
King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime (1995)
Album of the Year (1997)
Sol Invictus (2015)
Came here to say this. Also think aoty has aged very well and is generally regarded now as as great.

I forgot to add one more artist to my list, Al Green... From 1971-1974 his classic album was brilliant too.

Masta Ace

Take a Look Around
Slaughtahouse
Sittin' on Chrome
Disposable Arts
A Long Hot Summer

The greatest band of my generation. They ran up six in a row:

Radioheadthebends.png

Radioheadokcomputer.png

Radioheadkida.png

full

Radioheadhailtothethief.png

Inrainbowscover.png

You could easily say all of Death's discography but for sake of argument I'd go with Leprosy to their final album The Sound of Perseverance

Back