Aside from prime andy, does any mw beat izzy?

My love of Lyoto inclines me to say he would have beaten Izzy, but in reality if they had fought it would have been the only fight to have no strikes thrown.

Silva can can tap people on his back and can grapple his ass off in general.

How would Izzy do with a prime, peaking Dan Henderson on the ground? Silva tapped him.

Henderson was definitely not peaking and at his prime when he fought Anderson. 29 fights, 11 years into his fight career, and at nearly age 38 is not his prime. He also went 10-8 to end his career after losing to Anderson. Up to his fight with Anderson, he had 7 losses total.

Henderson was definitely not peaking and at his prime when he fought Anderson. 29 fights, 11 years into his fight career, and at nearly age 38 is not his prime. He also went 10-8 to end his career after losing to Anderson. Up to his fight with Anderson, he had 7 losses total.
Dude was on trt. He was peaking. His striking finally caught up with his wrestling.

His fight vs Rampage was legitimately the best 2 guys at 205. Dan during the span when he fought Wand, AS and Rampage would beat any other version of Dan.

Last edited:
Couldn't even KO welterweight Jake Shields with his "legendary" H-bomb

Plus worse strikers than Adesanya have avoided getting hit by it
If WW Gastelum can put a beating and drop Israel, prime Hendo stiffens him

Chael up until the second Anderson fight. Dude was mauler. Didn’t always do a ton of damage but he was smothering.

Trtor would have been awesome... 50/50 imo.Trt Shael would have dominated him from bell to bell. The Weidman who fought Anderson would do the job. Maybe a younger Rockhold who would stick to a gameplan of taking him down( which he could) and destroy him on the ground. Prime GSP would have landed takedowns GUARANTEED.

Right now, no mw can beat Israel standing. No chance. But he hasn’t been tested on the ground and that’s where he will lose fights.

Last edited:
Prime Hendo beats any version of the undersized Gastelum. Get real
Gastelum almost missed weight at 185 recently, he's plenty big for MW

Gastelum is a much more technical striker than Hendo, who relies on a right hand and nothing else

UniqueShockingIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

If an out of his prime Romero almost knocked Adesanya out, then Romero of just a few years ago has the greatest chance out of everyone, in my opinion, of beating him.

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson, when he fought at MW against Vitor, would have the stylistic advantages to beat Adesanya. Rumble has the wrestling, standup, and ko power to win.

How good is Izzys takedown defense? Honest question, I’ve only seen a few of his fights and don’t recall him being tested.

I could see guys like Hendo and Weidman (five fights ago Weidman) giving him a fight. Gastelum busted him up good on that loss.

Izzy is so technical I could also see him making those guys look silly on the feet.
he has handled the wrestling in every fight he has had
Yoel couldnt even wrestle him down at the fight, he managed to land 1 takedown but Izzy just got right back up

he has handled the wrestling in every fight he has had
Yoel couldnt even wrestle him down at the fight, he managed to land 1 takedown but Izzy just got right back up
Right on, some guy quoted me already with a stat showing Izzy currently has the best take down percentage in the divisions history, so yea, so far so good.

Costa is too slow. I think he would get picked apart by Adesanya.
Costa gives him problems everywhere
Especially his style march and smash
If the goal is to create pressure and close the distance then it could be only costa
Who else can offer costa style?

I'd be very confident in a prime Luke Rockhold. Competent enough at striking to not get knocked out as long as he keeps his wits about him, a good wrestler and arguably the most destructive top game in the history of the sport.

Paulo can beat him, as can a couple of others. He's good, but its pretty early in his reign to put him at the level Anderson was as champ.

Back