Atama Mundial Model #9 (White)

I have washed my Atama 9 about 5 times now and it has nicely shrunk to my liking. I bought an A2 and I am 5'7 150lbs. After washing in hot water and putting it in the dryer the sleeves are perfect length. The only complaint I would say is that the top of the gi bunches up a little at the shoulders. However, the cut and the fit more than makes up for that.

The rip stop pants like every other poster has commented are great. When you're rolling you really don't feel them on because they are so light and they tend to stay on better than other gi pants. The only one weakness is that they are a touch baggy for me as I like my pants a little tighter.

Overall, you can't really knock this gi. It delivers on all fronts and it is my favourite gi to roll in.

Hi toolshed. I've seen in some posts that with you same build people were getting A1 jackets. Do you think that's reasonable? I'm the same build as you so I wasn't sure what to get. I have A2 Ultra lite and I find the skirt long.

Hi toolshed. I've seen in some posts that with you same build people were getting A1 jackets. Do you think that's reasonable? I'm the same build as you so I wasn't sure what to get. I have A2 Ultra lite and I find the skirt long.

Hey icon, I can see why people would use an A1 top because like I said the shoulder section is still a little large and tends to bunch up a bit for me. That being said, if I went with an A1, I know would have some issues with the armpit area. I have a fairly wide back and the A2 fits snug around the back of the armpits. I would think the A1 would be fairly tight. But I can't say for sure because I have never tried on an A1.

As for the skirt, I prefer the skirt a touch long because I find it let's the gi stay better. If you don't have a wide back, I could see why the A1 would be a good choice. It would fit perfect straight out of the bag but you would have to wash in cold and air dry.

Could you post some pics of atama white now, to see how fit you after a year of use.

Thanks brother.

What do you guys recommend to avoid the atama colors leaking to the white on the gi?

Anything other than using vinegar cuz for some reason I'm thinking its going to give it a weird smell, don't think I would use that.

Washing with cold water might that work? also I only line dry my gis and wash in cold water.

I saw an earlier post of someone who had the color leak? what did you do?

Thinking that A2 would fit me the best 5'6 at most 5'7 152 lbs medium to slim build
any opinions on that?

What do you guys recommend to avoid the atama colors leaking to the white on the gi?

Anything other than using vinegar cuz for some reason I'm thinking its going to give it a weird smell, don't think I would use that.

Washing with cold water might that work? also I only line dry my gis and wash in cold water.

Thinking that A2 would fit me the best 5'6 at most 5'7 152 lbs medium to slim build
any opinions on that?

Don't worry about the vinegar smell, it won't be as strong as you think it might be and there will be no trace of it after the first wash.

any opinions on that?

Like FirstScratch said, the vinegar smell won't stick around. Give it the vinegar soak then the first wash and you won't even be able to tell.

As for sizing, I am about your size and I have an A2. The top fits me great and the pants fit really good, but are a little long - although I personal prefer a bit of length at the bottom.

I recently purchased this gi, and I was surprised that the jacket is significantly tighter than my Mundial #7. My 7 is much looser through the back and arms, while the 9 is much more a "competition fit," if you will. Just thought I'd share, as this is something I hadn't read prior to receiving the gi.

Hey stu3ufc,

Would you mind posting the new measurements after washing the gi? Just curious...

I got the blue one - I'm waiting for it still. Does it shrink differently due to the dye?

Thanks...

Hey stu3ufc,

Would you mind posting the new measurements after washing the gi? Just curious...

I got the blue one - I'm waiting for it still. Does it shrink differently due to the dye?

Thanks...

OP's been banned. Anyone know why? He was one of my favorite posters. :icon_cry2

I've been thinking about getting one of these but I'm having trouble deciding what size I should get. I am 5'9'' 175 so I seem to be right between an A2 and A3. Anyone got any insight?

i've been thinking about getting one of these but i'm having trouble deciding what size i should get. I am 5'9'' 175 so i seem to be right between an a2 and a3. Anyone got any insight?

a2.

I've been thinking about getting one of these but I'm having trouble deciding what size I should get. I am 5'9'' 175 so I seem to be right between an A2 and A3. Anyone got any insight?[/QUOT

I would suggest an A3. This Atama model is not cut like the other Atama models. Also the Atama Mundial #9 shrinks about 2-3".

One of the employees here has an A3 and is 5'8" 170.

Purchase the Atama Mundial #9 jiujitsu gi for the highest level of bjj. Lightest of the Mundial models - $154.95

im 5'10 210ish pudgy and the top is big the bottoms arent really the sleeves go down to my knuckles and i read somewhere that it will shrink 4.5 inches washing and drying on highest setting should i try or just send back for an a3? im so confused first gi beside the one i got from the dojo

me too

does anyone know how much this gi weighs? 3.5lbs? 3.8lbs?

thanks in advanced!!

Can any one tell me how the weight is? Looking for another kimono for summer. How does the weave compare to pearl weave?

Im ordering this month but not sure about size, Im 6f 195p lean, is better for me A2 or A3. I had brazil combat A3 before and the pants was baggy and gi sleeves too long also after washing several times. Thanks for your advise

This brand is not what it used to be I had the Mundial #7 back 3-4 years ago and it was great. I check into the Mundial 9 and it felt like sandpaper and stiff all over. I refused to buy it

Theirs much better out there for about 20-40% less in price

Back