ATF may rule AR and AK pistols as AOWs

Regardless of anything they say, you shouldn't have to have a Juris Doctorate to decipher it.

I will remind you how easily the ban on bump stocks went through. All it will take is ONE incident with a pistol brace and you will see a repeat.

With a Biden presidency just watch the media narrative turn to the most critical health hazard in America : Guns.

The slippery slope of "pistol" braces can bridge the gap between assailing Assault Weapons and Automatic Pistols.

Can anyone verify this update?

As far as I can tell the new information really doesn't change anything for users. Looks like SB Tactical only has approval for 2 of their 23 braces so ATF told them they can market the other 21 as being ATF approved or some other language. I didn't see anywhere where the ATF said to stop selling the 21 other braces or that anybody who has one on their pistol has created a SBR. I would think if this was a major issue for customers then there would be a cease and desist from selling the 21 braces (see the Q issue from last month) or some kind of notice to consumers about getting their pistols filed as NFA items.

I'm not a lawyer though so take that with a grain of salt, and I didn't read every letter from the AFT and SB Tactical.

I guess good thing I lost my AR pistol in a boating accident.

I'll just throw my stock back on. I shoot out in the fucking boonies. No fed boiz around

Don't know why people listen to legal OPINION from the ATF, because it isn't law. It's not their function to write law on this stuff, only to enforce laws in their respective area/jusristiction. They can certainly give opinion, but any good defense attorney backed by a large 2nd amendment group would destroy the feds in court.

I can just pop off the the offending brace and run my "Other" with a naked tube. Suck on that alphabet bois.

The ATF is full of shit with this as well. SB Tactical was told as long as they built all their braces in the same parameters as the one's they got approved the ATF said they wouldn't need to resubmit for evaluation.

I can just pop off the the offending brace and run my "Other" with a naked tube. Suck on that alphabet bois.

The ATF is full of shit with this as well. SB Tactical was told as long as they built all their braces in the same parameters as the one's they got approved the ATF said they wouldn't need to resubmit for evaluation.
The ATF is also law ENFORCEMENT not law enforcement and creation.

Fucking fucknuts. The ATF should get fucking defunded and broken up. Hell, they should have been after that complete clusterfuck in Waco in the 90s.

For those interested, Factor is making an insert for your sba3 that inserts into and stiffens up the rubber arms for "storage and transport". Almost a wedge shape that fills in the void. 24.99, kinda expensive for a 3d printed piece of plastic. But I like the idea

For those interested, Factor is making an insert for your sba3 that inserts into and stiffens up the rubber arms for "storage and transport". Almost a wedge shape that fills in the void. 24.99, kinda expensive for a 3d printed piece of plastic. But I like the idea

Not that I'm some commie boot licker type, but it's little inventions like these that are the reason the ATF went back after Arm Braces. The gun community just couldn't take the win and let a sleeping dog lay. No...they had to keep blurring the line more and more. Yes, all laws are an infringement, but until such a time as repealing or revolution, it's sometimes okay to just keep a low profile.

The gun community is its own worst enemy some days.

Not that I'm some commie boot licker type, but it's little inventions like these that are the reason the ATF went back after Arm Braces. The gun community just couldn't take the win and let a sleeping dog lay. No...they had to keep blurring the line more and more. Yes, all laws are an infringement, but until such a time as repealing or revolution, it's sometimes okay to just keep a low profile.

The gun community is its own worst enemy some days.
If they are going to be this brazen about it, I wished they'd make a cheek pad that can snap into those 4 claw areas on the sba3. Which are quite cleary there for that very reason. But as the BATFE have demonstrated, they have no problem getting customer lists and coming knocking on the door.

That blurs the line too much imo. I'd be very wary of doing that as it essentially turns it into a stock. Imo you could no longer claim it's an arm brace. I think the nfa should be repealed but until then I'm not going to push the envelope personally.

That blurs the line too much imo. I'd be very wary of doing that as it essentially turns it into a stock. Imo you could no longer claim it's an arm brace. I think the nfa should be repealed but until then I'm not going to push the envelope personally.
If they can sell that wedge as a storage device, a rubber cheek weld can be sold as a safety bumper in case of drops lol

Last edited:
Back