ATF raids Polymer80

So turns out, atf didn't need the customer records from p80. They got them from stamps.com and authorize.net

I feel like there has to be a lawsuit over something like that.
Just brings to light that there will always be a paper trail when you buy something online. I guess if you want to purchase items that may present legal issues in the future then pay with cash and/or buy used.

Looks like another instance where firearm companies push the limits and gives the ATF a reason to pay them a visit. Looks like Polymer 80 added additional items to the kit that was beyond what ATF approved. I'm no fan of the ATF, but these companies have to know they are playing with fire. If the ATF gives you approval for something then stick by that and ONLY that. Let's hope Polymer 80 only gets a slap on the wrist and goes back to selling chunks of plastic.

Just brings to light that there will always be a paper trail when you buy something online. I guess if you want to purchase items that may present legal issues in the future then pay with cash and/or buy used.

Looks like another instance where firearm companies push the limits and gives the ATF a reason to pay them a visit. Looks like Polymer 80 added additional items to the kit that was beyond what ATF approved. I'm no fan of the ATF, but these companies have to know they are playing with fire. If the ATF gives you approval for something then stick by that and ONLY that. Let's hope Polymer 80 only gets a slap on the wrist and goes back to selling chunks of plastic.

That's the problem though. The ATF is an enforcement authority, they do not write that laws. They can only give legal OPINION, and even that is likely beyond their function and juristiction. They appear to be making it up as they go along.

Its simple. Parts sent together does not constitute a firearm. There. Done.

The end game is registration. They want to know who has what.
Not just registration. They want those lists to try and bag as many people as they can that are not allowed to buy registered fire arms. If they can bust a significant amount, that will make it easier to just outright ban 80%’s in total or make some bullshit law that any manufacture of a firearm by other than a FFL is illegal.

New information coming in. Apparently the ATF go a felon to buy a buy build shoot kit, which in itself isn't illegal to to own. So, did the ATF also instruct the felon to build the kit to completion? Very fucking murky waters

hey, felon - manufacture this gun.

*raids company that didn't manufacture the gun*

The ATF needs to be disbanded. What a fucking joke of an "enforcement" agency.
I think there’s a house bill coming up that expands the ATF, adds 200 agents and further infringes on our rights

this is the kind of shit that motivates otherwise quiet content people to lash out

Back