Television Atlanta season 3 was meh

Panty Raider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok, so I've lived in or around Atlanta at various parts of my life.

Season 1 and 2 were great. Really liked Al and Darius and Earn. I like how it is surreal. I liked how it is not woke at all and more anti-woke of anything.
Many times you see a white person do something kind of racist to the guys....then later that same episode someone black does much worse shit to them.

So wait 4 year for S3 and DL it. 4 eps (including the first one) are basically Jordan Peele eps of The Twilight Zone. Good but not as good at the regular ATL.
The last ep is really just nonsense about Van.
so that leaves only 5 eps with the guys...and it is in europe. they were good but nowhere near s1 or 2.

It is going to get a s4 probably....but is it done being great? I consider ATL and Barry to be the best shows on right now.

The biggest mistake of S3 was not including the show's biggest character-- The city of Atlanta itself...which is weird like this show portrays kind of.

Also, there are some jokes only people who lived in GA would get such as, "Take him to the white Grady (hospital)"
"Oh, you mean Emory."
lol

I liked season 1 and 2 a lot. Other than the random episode with the baby mama which I skipped. I honestly had a feeling season 3 wouldn't live up to the hype so I haven't watched it yet but I will eventually. Need to check out Barry everyone is talking about it.

Season 1 & 2 were amazing.. Only now getting started on the 3, first episode was wierd!

Season 3 was enjoyable for me, when I understood that it would be a total anthology season. The final season 4 will be back to focusing on the main cast, as they need to close it out.

Season 1 & 2 were amazing.. Only now getting started on the 3, first episode was wierd!

First episode was based off the real life event of black kids being adopted by a couple lesbians, and them driving off a cliff to kill them all. The episode had more of a happy ending than the real life story, though.

Season 3 was enjoyable for me, when I understood that it would be a total anthology season. The final season 4 will be back to focusing on the main cast, as they need to close it out.

oh, so you would say the 5 eps with Earn in it were anthology as well? or just the eps without them?

I liked season 1 and 2 a lot. Other than the random episode with the baby mama which I skipped. I honestly had a feeling season 3 wouldn't live up to the hype so I haven't watched it yet but I will eventually. Need to check out Barry everyone is talking about it.

barry is fucking awesome. Basically a hitman wants to become an actor. It does comedy well and also the gun fights are not fucking joke and violent... people get shot the fuck up.
Plus, it has a guy with no eye brows.

oh, so you would say the 5 eps with Earn in it were anthology as well? or just the eps without them?

barry is fucking awesome. Basically a hitman wants to become an actor. It does comedy well and also the gun fights are not fucking joke and violent... people get shot the fuck up.

Honestly Barry doesn't sound interesting at all to me. Sounds kind of dumb. It's received way to much praise though for me to pass on it though. Plus a lot of shows have a dumb premise and end up being good anyways. Also I like the main character from other movies I've seen him in.

Honestly Barry doesn't sound interesting at all to me. Sounds kind of dumb. It's received way to much praise though for me to pass on it though. Plus a lot of shows have a dumb premise and end up being good anyways. Also I like the main character from other movies I've seen him in.

I like three things in entertainment: sex, violence, and comedy. Not so much sex, but a lot of violence and comedy.

Milton from Office Space is in it too....oh and The Fonze.

I expected the show to be different this season just giving the different location. I don't mind shows going in a different direction but from what you're saying it sort of reminds me of George RR Martin's "A Feast For Crows" which didn't have Jon, Tyrion, Arya or Daenerys storylines in it. Those are probably the 4 most important characters and fan favorites and they got entirely left out of the book?!

I haven't heard too many people talking about Season 3 like they did with the first two seasons so I get the feeling they probably share your sentiments as well

I'll still check out Season 3 when I get the chance. Not in a rush though

Man, Barry is totally worth giving a shot. It's only a 30 mins episode show, so you can fly through it pretty quick.

Ha, okay it's mostly an anthology season. :D There were a few episodes that did follow the main cast and storyline. Even the finale in did bring it back to the main storyline. I actually really enjoyed that last episode. I just love Zazie Beetz.

I thought season 2 was meh as well.

Man, Barry is totally worth giving a shot. It's only a 30 mins episode show, so you can fly through it pretty quick.

No question I will be watching. In fact it will probably be my next show. I have nothing else to watch right now as I’m letting other shows finish before I start them (BCS).

I don't agree. I thought Season 3 was weird, but great, mainly because every episode was either based off of a true story (like the first episode) or it was a deep dive into the psyche or personality of the main characters.

Season 4 is back in Atlanta and it's been pretty good so far. Last night's episode was probably the best of the season so far.

Back