Aug. 29th PPV Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley Showtime Boxing

Winner?

• Total voters
Sometimes they think that 80/20 and 90/10 matchup fights are stuff they need to get.
Esay wins for A side kids etc.

Good that at least doesn't have 0-10 boxers etc alike.

LHW Tommy Fury can't fight a boxer? He's fighting a lightweight MMA fighter?

I thought you might be mistaken, bro but nope. You did your homework. Taylor is only 5'7" & fights at a little over 160 lbs. Why the hell are they bringing this guy in to compete at a catchweight of 180 against Fury. It's ridiculous. You mean they couldn't find a legitimate light heavyweight for Fury to fight?

Taylor is 7-5 as an MMA fighter but 0-1 as a pro boxer.

I thought you might be mistaken, bro but nope. You did your homework. Taylor is only 5'7" & fights at a little over 160 lbs. Why the hell are they bringing this guy in to compete at a catchweight of 180 against Fury. It's ridiculous. You mean they couldn't find a legitimate light heavyweight for Fury to fight?

That's fucking dreadful. T.Fury is not as good as advertised, but this is criminal, DDD is fighting Liston in comparison. Tragic.

That's fucking dreadful. T.Fury is not as good as advertised, but this is criminal, DDD is fighting Liston in comparison. Tragic.

Yeah, I really don't understand how these guys like the Paul bros & Fury can get away with fighting men so much smaller than them. I mean, sure. At the weigh-ins, their opponents are technically within the allowed range but in reality, these guys don't belong competing up in the 180s. Jake Paul has dwarfed all his pro opponents. It's a disgrace IMO. Now it appears that Fury's going to be doing the same damn thing.

The card seems consistent with Paul's circus freak show theme though. Its not about serious boxing.

Looking for more information, he likely got the fight because he was Jake's sparring partner before the Askren match. In he interview he sounds like his plan (at the time of the interview) of getting some notoriety from working with Jake paid off in the form of the Fury match.

Last edited:
Looking for more information, he likely got the fight because he was Jake's sparring partner before the Askren match. In he interview he sounds like his plan (at the time of the interview) of getting some notoriety from working with Jake paid off in the form of the Fury match.

Hey, very cool. Thanks for the behind-the-scenes info & for posting the video.

Lmao Paul is fighting better competition that Fury. What a joke. How can anybody even sanction this?

T-Woods striking has been bad since the Gilbert Burns fight. Since that fight he’s only been dependent on the overhand. If T-Wood has the same striking he’s going to get knocked out. Jake Paul via first round KO is my prediction

Back