AUGUSTO SAKAI, FORMER BELLATOR HEAVYWEIGHT, NOW 3-0 IN THE UFC

RODNEY83

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Augusto Sakai, who went 4-1-1 in Bellator and wanted to be in that FARCE of a Bellator Heavyweight Tournament is now 3-0 in the UFC. Once he found out Bellator wasn't going to put him in their FARCE heavyweight tournament, Augusto Sakai decided not to resign with no direction Bellator and went to the regional circuit and bet on himself and is now 3-0 in the UFC. I believe he was 26 when he left Bellator. Nice trade out Bellator, let go of a 26 year old heavyweight, who was 4-1-1 in Bellator, and get past their primes ex-UFC fighters Frank Mir and Roy Nelson, who probably received much higher pay than a young Augusto Sakai.

Always thought it was odd they didnt try to resign him.

More like Bellator reject ripping it up in UFC

Fact is, even his wins in Bellator were sludge fests. He struggled with Dan Charles. Looked sloppy vs Huddleston. He went 0-1-1 in his last two fights with the org while never once looking like a special prospect before then. Which is why this post is the first mentioning “oh, wasn’t Sakai in Bellator? And they let him go?”

When fighters leave UFC after a draw and a loss respectively, is UFC called stupid for letting them go? No. They’re called cast offs

Last edited:
More like Bellator reject ripping it up in UFC

Fact is, even his wins in Bellator were sludge fests. He struggled with Dan Charles. Looked sloppy vs Huddleston. He went 0-1-1 in his last two fights with the org while never once looking like a special prospect before then. Which is why this post is the first mentioning “oh, wasn’t Sakai in Bellator? And they let him go?”

When fighters leave UFC after a draw and a loss respectively, is UFC called stupid for letting them go? No. They’re called cast offs
Always the cherry picker in a debate. Fact is he went 4-1-1 in Bellator. Super lame attempt to try to break it down to his last two fights. That case Donald Cerrone should be cut from the UFC because his last two fights he is 0-2. Al Iaquinta is a UFC reject because he is 1-2 in his last three fights. See how super lame your debate point is? What a minute, I'm debating with a Sherdogger, nevermind because you don't get it. Augusto Sakai's victories are his victories in Bellator because you would have bashed him he didn't win those fights. Augusto Sakai, another stupid decision by Bellator's decision makers because they just had to have those past their prime, ex-UFC PED Busted drug cheats Chael Sonnen and Frank Mir at higher pay.

Why do you care SO much? Do you derive a sense of identity from being the number one hater of the number two North American MMA org? Is that what defines you?

Bellator is doing really well. Their product on the screen and in the cage has never been better. They're making money and expanding. Get over it.

Always the cherry picker in a debate. Fact is he went 4-1-1 in Bellator. Super lame attempt to try to break it down to his last two fights. That case Donald Cerrone should be cut from the UFC because his last two fights he is 0-2. Al Iaquinta is a UFC reject because he is 1-2 in his last three fights. See how super lame your debate point is? What a minute, I'm debating with a Sherdogger, nevermind because you don't get it. Augusto Sakai's victories are his victories in Bellator because you would have bashed him he didn't win those fights. Augusto Sakai, another stupid decision by Bellator's decision makers because they just had to have those past their prime, ex-UFC PED Busted drug cheats Chael Sonnen and Frank Mir at higher pay.

I thought you said he walked because Coker just didn’t know what he had. Now he was cut in favor of older talent?

I also didn’t narrow it down to just his last two fights. I said even his wins were labored, sloppy, and boring that once he hit a snag it’s no surprise that Bellator didn’t make a big play to keep him. He wasn’t that good. He won some showcase fights without showcasing much. He had a draw with his first moderate step up and then lost to the next step up. The way Bellator saw it, He didn’t impress against the locals they fed him to build him up and now it’s clear he isn’t going to make the next step..bye..but now he’s in UFC taking names where I guess the competition is just a little bit easier and now people question why he isn’t in Bellator despite nobody caring when he was off the roster

Last edited:
Always thought it was odd they didnt try to resign him.

That Dan Charles draw was one of the most boring fights I've ever watched then went on to lose to Kongo (no shame, in a boring fight). So not a strong 2 fights to finish your contract off with.

Should have kept him, but not much different than the UFC letting Rosholt walk.

I thought you said he walked because Coker just didn’t know what he had. Now he was cut in favor of older talent?

I also didn’t narrow it down to just his last two fights. I said even his wins were labored, sloppy, and boring that once he hit a snag it’s no surprise that Bellator didn’t make a big play to keep him. He wasn’t that good. He won some showcase fights without showcasing much. He had a draw with his first moderate step up and then lost to the next step up. The way Bellator saw it, He didn’t impress against the locals they fed him to build him up and now it’s clear he isn’t going to make the next step..bye..but now he’s in UFC taking names where I guess the competition is just a little bit easier and now people question why he isn’t in Bellator despite nobody caring when he was off the roster
No time to read you gibberish. Augusto Sakai walked because once he found out Coker and staff was purposely not allowing him into that FARCE of a Past Their Prime ex-UFC fighters, two busted PED cheats Heavyweight Tournament, Sakai decided it was then he was not going to resign. So lame trade off, Bellator gets two PED drug cheats, and Roy Nelson, who were all past their primes at higher cost. The UFC gets a young 26, 27 year old heavyweight with one loss to Cheick Kongo. Typical MMA fan, you hate on who a fighter beats, then you hate on who a fighter loses to. You're just a contrarian. Go away.

Why do you care SO much? Do you derive a sense of identity from being the number one hater of the number two North American MMA org? Is that what defines you?

Bellator is doing really well. Their product on the screen and in the cage has never been better. They're making money and expanding. Get over it.
Hahaha hahaha, LAME! Repeat that number two MMA North American organization all you want to, yet Combate Americas outdraws the number 2 North American MMA organization. Hmmm. So how does that work? Oh that's right, feed propaganda to certain people and they will buy it. Bellator hasn't shown a profit in the Coker era, yet to you, they are making money. This is exactly how certain people like you will buy into any piece of propaganda being sold to you.

Very risky but glad it paid off!

Bellator has no heavyweight division...they need talent! Bad! But they would rather give it to fake wwe guys, SBG Conner nuthuggers, and instagram models.....this might happen to Fortune if Bellator is not carefull! He could walk into the UFC top 10 spot right now! Image a year from now....

Last edited:
He was boring. I honestly didn't even know he was fighting in the UFC. Good for him I guess

He was boring. I honestly didn't even know he was fighting in the UFC. Good for him I guess
Semantics because King Mo was boring in a lot of fights he won. Ryan Bader was boring. A good promoter builds their stars, not let a potential star go and rely on another MMA organization to do what he couldn't do in his MMA organization. Elite XC built Gina Carano not Coker. And look what the UFC did with Rhonda Rousey. That woman became a Rock Star in the UFC. And Tyron Woodley became a name a star in the UFC. He was just another fighter in StrikeForce. Good promoters build.

it was a strange move, Bellator has built many Heayweight Fighters

Javy Ayala, Volkov, Minakov, Prindle, Godbeer, etc..

All it will take is another boring fight and he will slide back into irrelevancy. Tybura's pretty bad and was definitely overranked so he doesn't get much credit from me for what he did in that fight.

Augusto Sakai's fights sucked in Bellator. The revisionist history here is ridiculous.

Dude.. Sakai might have been a bad cut (he added some depth to the division) but he was no potential star
He certainly is looking like a potential star in the UFC. So how do you explain that with your lame point of view? The answer, you can't. Stars take time. Coker would have had say, Dustin Poirier and done nothing with him. But the UFC has Dustin Poirier, let him go through being a middling fighter and he made a run and now has become a UFC star. It takes time and patience, something you certain Sherdoggers egos just won't let you all admit to. You Sherdoggers would cut Cheick Kongo even in the UFC, that's how lame some of you Sherdoggers think.

it was a strange move, Bellator has built many Heayweight Fighters

Javy Ayala, Volkov, Minakov, Prindle, Godbeer, etc..
Rebney's Bellator built Alexander Volkov and Vitaly Minakov, and Eric Prindle and Godbeer, I believe. But it takes time and patience. Robert Whittaker in the UFC didn't happen overnight. Neither did Alexander Volkov and Vitaly Minakov in Rebney's Bellator.

I make you a bet (loser leaves Sherdog) that Sakai does not become a top 5 fighter in 2 years from now (easy task in HW, he needs 2 more wins) but you are so dumb that will get banned before that. You already have yellows and you are trolling hard.

You are either Sakai girlfriend, manager or a total idiot. Or maybe you are like that Tyrell Fortune troll here.
I made a post, you are replying to it, yet you stating I'm a troll because I disagree with you. So you stating that me disagreeing with you is trolling. So apparently, the rules when it comes to you is no one on Sherdog can disagree with you because you are always right. That is sensitive like too sensitive. You wish to debate, then debate. You don't like the way the debate is going of how Augusto Sakai is getting a bigger and better push in the UFC than Coker ever give him in Bellator, so now you try to change the goalposts of Augusto Sakai becoming a top 5 fighter in the UFC and some childish bet for an adult about the loser leaves Sherdog. How about grow up and learn the difference between debating with someone who is disagreeing with you as opposed to trolling, which you are doing by coming unhinged by now insulting me by using the words "idiot" towards me, "dumb" towards me, and "girlfriend" towards me. Yet you are the type that would report anyone who disagrees with you to Sherdog's administrator.

Back