Austin Van Zant

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
Is he any good? If you look at Paige Van Zant Instagram these days it’s littered with this guy dancing around naked like a Fortnite player. Really destroys any fap ambitions, because hey, I’m not gay

RUMIeaK.gif

is he a legit fighter? All I know is he trains(ed) at Team Alpha Male

He's crushing cans at Bellator so it's hard to say. Nearly got KO'ed in his Contender Series fight.

Has been doing bjj competitions and beat some legit guys.

Doesn´t even have a Sherdog account. B.U.M.

very legit wrestler/grappler. Not sure how his striking is. Also didnt really notice that hes a middleweight. Hes thick but 5'11. He should make the move down to 170 but yet again the competition is easier at 185 in Bellator.

One of the best grapplers in his division. Not too sure about his striking.

I can hardly remember his contender fight but it was super exciting

He’s legit. His striking is getting better and better each week, I’ve never worked with someone as coachable as him.

Is he any good? If you look at Paige Van Zant Instagram these days it’s littered with this guy dancing around naked like a Fortnite player. Really destroys any fap ambitions, because hey, I’m not gay

RUMIeaK.gif

is he a legit fighter? All I know is he trains(ed) at Team Alpha Male
He trains with us at ATT Portland.
He's crushing cans at Bellator so it's hard to say. Nearly got KO'ed in his Contender Series fight.
his contender fight was a scrap for sure, but he did come back
And get the finish and He’s improved a lot since then. His Bellator opponents averaged combined record is to 6-2, hardly “cans”.

very legit wrestler/grappler. Not sure how his striking is. Also didnt really notice that hes a middleweight. Hes thick but 5'11. He should make the move down to 170 but yet again the competition is easier at 185 in Bellator.
He was killing him self making 170. He’s a little small for 185 but has easy cuts and gets to fight feeling strong and healthy.

He’s legit. His striking is getting better and better each week, I’ve never worked with someone as coachable as him.

He trains with us at ATT Portland.
his contender fight was a scrap for sure, but he did come back
And get the finish and He’s improved a lot since then. His Bellator opponents averaged combined record is to 6-2, hardly “cans”.

He was killing him self making 170. He’s a little small for 185 but has easy cuts and gets to fight feeling strong and healthy.
As one of his coaches, do you think he has some ways to go before he fights and is successful against the top tier guys at 185 such as Moose, Machida, Van Steenis, Salter, Tokov etc.. Hate seeing prospects being pushed too soon and at same time I hate seeing prospects being babied for years.

As one of his coaches, do you think he has some ways to go before he fights and is successful against the top tier guys at 185 such as Moose, Machida, Van Steenis, Salter, Tokov etc.. Hate seeing prospects being pushed too soon and at same time I hate seeing prospects being babied for years.
Bellator is bringing him up right. He had a great match up scheduled with another strong prospect before covid and was supposed to be on the London card. The pacing feels right to me, but I also don’t have any say in who he fights. Our head coach Fabiano is great at making sure guys only get in there with people they can beat. Our team still loses occasionally like any other, but in each case there was still a path to victory available to the athlete, If that makes sense.

He got called out by Sabah Homasi before, I think that's a winnable fight for him against an experienced opponent.

Bellator is bringing him up right. He had a great match up scheduled with another strong prospect before covid and was supposed to be on the London card. The pacing feels right to me, but I also don’t have any say in who he fights. Our head coach Fabiano is great at making sure guys only get in there with people they can beat. Our team still loses occasionally like any other, but in each case there was still a path to victory available to the athlete, If that makes sense.
Has he gotten an offer to fight in the next Bellator event on July?

Has he gotten an offer to fight in the next Bellator event on July?
I don’t know how it all works, he had signed his contract to fight in May, so I assume they’re looking to get him in there ASAP

He is a good fighter. The pathetic marketing the Van Zants do shouldnt distract from that.

I respect him as a fighter but honestly someone who makes such a fool out of himself all the time I have no interest at all watching fight.

Maybe that sounds unfair but I guess all this skin flashing and generic tattoos etc bring new fans in, just not me.

Last edited:
Who does everyone think he should fight? How about v Tony Johnson?
Mike Shipman would be a good step up in competition. I expect to see him fight Leon, van Steenis, Tokov, etc by next year but he needs to take it slow before facing the top of the division.

Back