[B]Inspirit Spec 2[/B]

Dim Sum Punch

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So I ordered these from MMAWEEKLY.COM store on a Thursday night for $19.99 (along w/ a pair of Spec 1's for same price) and they showed up on Monday afternoon. Yay me! I thank my wife for letting me waste more money on shorts I dont need. I take them out of the plastic wrap and I can't help but smile, these shorts are just amazing ( I'm a sucker for White shorts).

CRAFTSMANSHIP: These shorts are leaps and bounds ahead of the Spec 1's in terms of stitching, material feel, enclosure system and fit. They stuck with the mesh lining which is a win in my book, especially since these are white and they wont turn clear when sweaty. Thank god that the kept the micro pocket on the inside(I think I'll put a 50 cent piece in there for a rainy day).Triple stitched and fully embroidered, they feel like they will last the long haul.

CLOSURE SYSTEM: The Spec 2's have moved to the typical hook and loop closure system found on most MMA shorts, however the decided to keep their unique tab that tucks in and gets threaded by the drawstring. A larger tab than the Spec 1's it is alot easier to fasten but still has the same problem of just being a knot instead of an easily threaded shoelacetip. But a HUGE improvement in the ease and function of the waist lock system.

FIT: I'm 6ft tall/ 210lbs and these are SO comfortible I just want to wear them everywhere I go. They fall just above the knee cap and feel snug on the waist but loose in the legs. Inspirit must have listen to criticisms when designing these shorts. While there is still no stretch panel the addition of side slits allows for full range of motion and freedom of movement. No problems kicking, grappling or anything of the sort.

FINAL THOUGHTS: 10 out of 10 when these get so stained (cuz they are white) I will absolutely buy another pair.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1000500e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1000498eh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1000544u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back