Baby steps

IgnorantBloke

¡En nombre de la patria!
@purple
Reaction score
I've decided for this semester to just stay at a calorie deficit with out worrying about anything else. During the week, I'll eat a morning and evening meal and have a snack if I've not met my calories for the day. On the weekend, I'll have three meals.

Mon- 1200 cal
Tues- 1500 cal
Wens- 1500 cal
Thurs- 1200 cal
Fri- 2500 cal (Maybe every other week I'll just have a free day)
Sat- 2000 cal
Sun-2000 cal

I take a twice a day vitamin, fish oil and vitamin C. If I feel I haven't gotten enough fiber that day I'll take a few fiber pills as well.

In theory, I should lose about two pounds a week doing this. I'm pretty inactive during the week as most of my time is spent in front of a computer or in a lecture hall.

Week night evenings if I still have excess energy I'll do a light to medium intensity cardiovascular work out of either jogging, biking or shadow boxing. Friday and Sunday mornings I'll lift heavy things.

I would like to lose 35 pounds before December 24th.

Day 1

Meal 1- Mixed berries with cheddar cheese. 400 Cal
Meal 2- Crab Salad on 2 Matzo with a medium sized Tomato. 1000 Cal

First day and I over ate! lol. Not mention I ate pretty poorly on top of that but I'm not too concerned with everything this week as long as I keep things reasonable.

Day 2

Meal 1- Crab Salad and 2 Matzo (800 cal)
Meal 2- Crab Salad and 1 Matzo (500 cal)
Snack- Strawberries (200 cal)

The only food I have in the house right now is a tub of crab salad, a box of Matzo, and some fruit. I'll go shopping tomorrow evening after lab.

Day 3

Meal 1- Running late and just ate a hand full of strawberries (100 cal)
Meal 2- Crab Salad and 1 Matzo! (500 cal)
Snack- Cheddar Cheese (300 cal)
Meal 3- Roasted chicken breast (no visible fat) and Vegetables (600 cal)

Still kind of working out the kinks and haven't properly shopped yet. Tomorrow!

Day 4

Meal 1- Turkey Sandwhich (500 cal)
Meal 2- Orange chicken and rice, homemade (900 cal)

I need to clean things up. Tomorrow!

Day 8

Meal 1- Mixed berries and three eggs (600 cal)
Meal 2- Grilled Chicken and veggies (600 cal)

Pretty bad head ache today and I left lab early because hardware issues.

Day 10

Meal 1- Apple, Turkey sandwhich (1000 cal)
Male 2- Steak and Veggies (600 cal)

Consider pumpkin seeds or chia seeds for fiber supplementation - chia seeds go great into eggs and pumpkin seeds are a good hand food. Eden Organic is the best brand of pumpkin seeds.

Consider pumpkin seeds or chia seeds for fiber supplementation - chia seeds go great into eggs and pumpkin seeds are a good hand food. Eden Organic is the best brand of pumpkin seeds.

Thanks, I'll pick up some pumpkin seeds and give them a go as a snack.

This hasn't been working at all so far for me so I'm going to change things up. I'll update maybe once a week.

I'm going to have a morning meal of eggs plus a vegetable and then finally add some fruit. End the day with a meal of meat (will be chicken 90% of the time) plus green vegetables. During the day I might snack on seeds, nuts or an apple. (I really love apples, lots of carbs I know)

I'll try not to go over 1800 cal a day, which seems nearly impossible barring a binge on almonds or something. I'll do this for September and then reevaluate.

Would not recommend fruit or any high carb item early in the morning unless you wait at least an hour before eating. Look up cortisol awakening response.

Would not recommend fruit or any high carb item early in the morning unless you wait at least an hour before eating. Look up cortisol awakening response.

Maybe I'm searching in an incorrect manner but I can't find anything on the relative effect of carbohydrates early in the day.

Either way I've removed everything but blue berries, fibrous vegetables, nuts, seeds and meat from my diet for the first month. I've dropped about 8 pounds in a week, but that's mostly water. I definitely don't feel great and I'd murder someone for some fried rice right about now.

Maybe I'm searching in an incorrect manner but I can't find anything on the relative effect of carbohydrates early in the day.

Either way I've removed everything but blue berries, fibrous vegetables, nuts, seeds and meat from my diet for the first month. I've dropped about 8 pounds in a week, but that's mostly water. I definitely don't feel great and I'd murder someone for some fried rice right about now.

So have some damn rice. Just don't fry it. You're trying to lose this weight too fast and will just end up getting burned out in 2 weeks and give up. Take it easy and start by making healthier decisions each day.

Or are you cutting weight for an upcoming weigh-in? That's what your diet looks like. There's a difference between cutting and losing.

If that's all the carbs you are eating... you're probably in ketosis (unless you go overboard with the nuts).

Keto adaption brah. Takes 2-3 weeks. You will feel horrible during this period but will feel AMAZING once you are adapted.

Back