Bad feeling about Islam in his next fight

LoveSherdogThisTime

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Guys, I don't want to toot my own my horn but I did expect Islam to finish Volk early. Still, that head kick was very impressive.

BUT....

As I have stated before in regards to Leon (https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/will-leon-fighting-usman-consecutively-play-against-him.4308820/), I worry about Islam in his next fight. I don't care which opponent it is. It could be, Gaethje, Gamrot, Dariush, Arman or Chandler (wishful thinking but I'd love to see it), I think Islam will either lose or take unnecessary damage that will really put a restraint on how dominant he can be as a champion.

I don't like fighters coming off two or more consecutive fights against the same opponent. I believe they get too used to the weaknesses of that opponent. Anyone else share this sentiment?

doesn't really apply. he was prepping for oliveira. then ko'd a short notice guy in 1 that he didn't even have on his mind. i dont think anyone at LW will get him. maybe colby or leon can.

Stopped reading at "toot my own horn"

Islam finished a lower weight guy on short notice. Fuckin nostradamus over here

Not sure how anything in this fight indicates he may lose his next one.

I mean anything is possible in the fight game, but he looked super dominant and seems to be improving consistently.

Guys, I don't want to toot my own my horn but I did expect Islam to finish Volk early. Still, that head kick was very impressive.
I think this thread is trash
BUT....

As I have stated before in regards to Leon (https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/will-leon-fighting-usman-consecutively-play-against-him.4308820/), I worry about Islam in his next fight. I don't care which opponent it is. It could be, Gaethje, Gamrot, Dariush, Arman or Chandler (wishful thinking but I'd love to see it), I think Islam will either lose or take unnecessary damage that will really put a restraint on how dominant he can be as a champion.

I don't like fighters coming off two or more consecutive fights against the same opponent. I believe they get too used to the weaknesses of that opponent. Anyone else share this sentiment?

He fights Oliveira next.
Are you saying he loses to Charles?

He needs to rematch Olivera again, then possibly rematch Volk for a trilogy, then possibly rematch Arman after. Hopefully if we send the guys he beat already at him that one of them will get revenge!

He needs to rematch Olivera again, then possibly rematch Volk for a trilogy, then possibly rematch Arman after. Hopefully if we send the guys he beat already at him that one of them will get revenge!
no he doesnt , he needs to fight Gaetje & Dustin. Fuck these rematches

Gaetje should be next. It feels like he will choke or it will be a war, but likely choke.

Oliveira should get 1 win before a rematch.

Dariush should get a title eliminator if he gets past tsyrukian.

He'll probably keep the belt until he gets bored or old. Unless he leaves his chin hanging out, there aren't many guys with a good chance against him.

Back