News Bader vs Nemkov, Lima vs Mousasi Official for Bellator May 9

A lot of fighters waste their careers by waiting so damn long to book fights. May 9 is far as fuck away.

Rory MacDonald wins the Bellator Welterweight Title, defended it zero times and had a chance to gain momentum in Bellator and for Bellator, but here comes Scott Coker to inexplicably put Rory MacDonald in a matchup with Gegard Mousasi. Not learning from that debacle, here comes Scott Coker once more having Douglas Lima a newly crowned Bellator Welterweight Champion, having defended the belt zero times, and Coker matches Lima up against Mousasi. Just so frustrating.

You are complaining because a promotion is giving us superfights instead of protecting people from fighting the best? Okay....go watch the ufc for that crap.

Amazing fight tbh. I'm backing mousasi but feel that Lima will fare better than Rory did.

honestly, at first look i thought it was Bader vs Mousasi

not sure how i feel about the moose-lima matchup, but i'll watch this event, for sure.

I would prefer if they have actual middleweights fighting for the title instead of hot shotting the 170 champ to fight for the belt. Bellator's booking is really short term.

....but it's still a great fight.

You are complaining because a promotion is giving us superfights instead of protecting people from fighting the best? Okay....go watch the ufc for that crap.
Super fights? Name one Scott Coker Bellator Super Fight that has panned out? Bellator Middleweight division needs exposure. The Bellator fighters in the Bellator Middleweight division need exposure. Having a Bellator Middleweight Tournament for a recently vacated Bellator Middleweight Title would have been a perfect opportunity to give those fighters exposure and possibly discover a new Bellator star. Bellator keeps missing the ball on many opportunities and it will continue to do so under Coker.

Rory defended the welterweight belt 0 times?
Yes, factually, Rory MacDonald beat Douglas Lima to win the Bellator Welterweight Title, then having defended it zero times, Rory MacDonald's next fight was against Gegard Mousasi for the Bellator Middleweight Title.

Yes, factually, Rory MacDonald beat Douglas Lima to win the Bellator Welterweight Title, then having defended it zero times, Rory MacDonald's next fight was against Gegard Mousasi for the Bellator Middleweight Title.
Ah, I see what you’re saying. I misunderstood.
In this case, I don’t mind as much, as we’ve seen Lima vs a lot of different Bellator welterweights. Rory was never to the org and could’ve had some defenses first. But I can’t blame Bellator for putting Rory-Moose together, that was a big fight for them.

Ah, I see what you’re saying. I misunderstood.
In this case, I don’t mind as much, as we’ve seen Lima vs a lot of different Bellator welterweights. Rory was never to the org and could’ve had some defenses first. But I can’t blame Bellator for putting Rory-Moose together, that was a big fight for them.
In Jurassic Park 2, I believe, the character John Hammond says to Jeff Goldblum's character Malcolm, "We're not making the same mistakes as before" and Jeff Goldblum's character responds by saying, "No, you're making all new ones". That is Coker's Bellator in a nutshell.

Last edited:
In Jurassic Park 2, I believe, the character Malcolm says to Jeff Goldblum's character" "We're not making the same mistakes as before" and Jeff Goldblum's character responds by saying, "No, you're making all new ones". That is Coker's Bellator in a nutshell.
Yeah, it’s bizarre. I enjoyed Strikeforce so much—I thought Coker would be better than Bjorn. But man he’s kinda fucked Bellator up.

I didn't but Lovato matches up well with Mousasi he has good takedowns and a good clinch game with better grappling. Lima is a striker and Mousasi is primarily too but he's more well rounded than Lima. I think Mousasi wins by mixing up his grappling and striking and possibly gets a finish.
The only saving graces for Lima are that he has holy-shit power and never seems to get hurt by strikes. Not saying Moose can't hurt him, but he's sturdy, and I think he could hurt an elephant if he put his mind to it. Still can't favor him in this fight.

Whoa killer fight.

I think Mousasi should take it, he's better all around and bigger, but Lima has looked great lately. He really is one of the top WW's in the world if the not the #1 WW in the world.

Hope we just get a great action fight.
Once again, one of the greatest fighters in mma s existence ( and the longevity of it is nothing weve seen before as hes still only 34 with little to no damage), Gegard Mousasi finds himself in an awesome fight where he and Lima could become UFC champions. The problem will be - if Gegard wins , the detractors will lesson the credit ( even though , they have no clue that the size difference wont be that significant and Lima , right now, is the best version of himself. If Lima wins , forget it - Douglas races up the 170 overall rankings and will get pound for pound votes. Timing and circumstances have been mmas paradox( mousasi) worst enemy ....plain and simple. Lovato jr( who I only wish good health) shouldve never walked out of London with that title. I might have bias but I can surely admit if one of my guys has gotten the losing end of a mma title fight. It would go agsinst my character.

anyways- this is where I worry about Mousasi and one of his few flaws. He sometimes "lulls" over fights and, now, in hindsight his prison rape of Rory worries me.
These guys are both pound for pounders in my book. "Punk" has been pretty much echoing this for awhile now.

Unfortunately, Vegas doesnt post BMMA openers until a few weeks before event. This type of fight should break that protocol but dont think it's going to happen. Sometimes openers tell a story ( something I've been preaching for awhile now). Remember, Mousasi opened close to a 3-1 favorite over Rory and it then went well above 3-1 ....... and mousasi beat him like a -1600 favorite as he made the beast Canadian tap to elbows early in 2nd.

People who think Mousasi will open up a favorite similar will be very surprised ( for once ( maybe twice), I hope I'm wrong as Vegas has honed their mma skills a great deal).
Mousasi will be favored but were seeing best Lima while people will be thinking of Gegards prime years winding down.

I'm seeing Mousasi at -175 / +155 ( maybe a little higher ....maybe a little lower ). Agsin I hope I'm wrong and at the end of day, fight has to be fought -anything can happen...... regardless of odds.

Lovato Jr. was bigger than mousasi than Gegard will be against Lima. Let that set in as one is ww champ and other ( in my book) still mw champion.

I'm not making any predictions until I see this particular opener in this particular fight. If I'm right, I hope Mousasi is training for this fight as it's the most important fight of his career( not saying it is- just hoping that he's training like it).

Sure there are some surprised people reading this but I calls em as I sees em.Moose has a big challenge in front of him where mma fans have no clue and will have him in lose-lose scenario.

Mousasi will have to grapple in this one.

Lima fucks people up with legkicks.
This is a great fight - Lima hasnt fought someone of the fight IQ of Gegard so we'll see.Im confident that Mousasi will adapt defensively to lose leg kicks from Lima.

Rory MacDonald wins the Bellator Welterweight Title, defended it zero times and had a chance to gain momentum in Bellator and for Bellator, but here comes Scott Coker to inexplicably put Rory MacDonald in a matchup with Gegard Mousasi. Not learning from that debacle, here comes Scott Coker once more having Douglas Lima a newly crowned Bellator Welterweight Champion, having defended the belt zero times, and Coker matches Lima up against Mousasi. Just so frustrating.
in order to sign Mousasi, they must have given him power to chose what fights he wants

like how Hulk Hogan ruined WCW with his powers, its a shame

Man the Bellator MW division is thin

The only saving graces for Lima are that he has holy-shit power and never seems to get hurt by strikes. Not saying Moose can't hurt him, but he's sturdy, and I think he could hurt an elephant if he put his mind to it. Still can't favor him in this fight.

Agreed, Mousasi is more well rounded and a bit bigger, I think him being more well rounded will make the difference and he will beat Lima by keeping him guessing.

Back