Bakers Dozen MUSIC Game

13 songs to celebrate someone who is no longer in your life.

1. Black water - Doobie Brothers: I remember childhood always singing this in the car with my father.
2. Ripple - The Grateful Dead. A friend who passed away.
3.Grandma's Hands-Bill Withers
4. Summertime - Billy Stewart for ma dukes
5. The Doors - "When The Music's Over" - dedicated to my childhood friend who was killed in a hit-and-run when he was 18.
6. The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
7. Ooh La La - The Faces: My favorite uncle's favorite song.
8. John Lee Hooker - Dimples (My dad used to sing this all the time when we were fishing. R.I.P. Daddy.)

1. Black water - Doobie Brothers: I remember childhood always singing this in the car with my father.
5. The Doors - "When The Music's Over" - dedicated to my childhood friend who was killed in a hit-and-run when he was 18.
8. John Lee Hooker - Dimples (My dad used to sing this all the time when we were fishing. R.I.P. Daddy.)
9. Waylon Jennings - Theme from The Dukes of Hazzard (Good Ol' Boys). My granddad and I always watched together.

9. Waylon Jennings - Theme from The Dukes of Hazzard (Good Ol' Boys). My granddad and I always watched together.
10. Alan Jackson - Remember When

Lol thanks. It’s not even the worst one I have to hear. All country all day with these fools

I have been enjoying all the Loretta Lynn they've been playing since her death, that lady could fucking sing.

I do like old school country like Lynn, Patsy Cline, Hank Williams (there is only one worth listening to), George Strait, etc. The new shit is shit.

I have been enjoying all the Loretta Lynn they've been playing since her death, that lady could fucking sing.

I do like old school country like Lynn, Patsy Cline, Hank Williams (there is only one worth listening to), George Strait, etc. The new shit is shit.
Yeah the older stuff like that is fine. It’s mostly new shit on the radio. It’s like hillbilly rap half the time

Since we're dragging along, with a slight spin:

11. No Love - eminem/Lil Wayne: to all my ex's.... You get no love

Big country fan here, and while I agee that Hank Williams is Da Man he isn't the only man.

I;m into tape mixing simply because I have a tape deck in my truck.

My Country tape....

Jimmie Rodgers
The Carter Family
Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
Patsy Montana
Milton Brown
Ernest Tubb
Roy Acuff
Hank Williams
Hank Snow
Flatt & Scruggs
The Stanley Bros
Bill Monroe
Webb Pierce
Ferlin Husky
Lefty Frizzell..........his Long Black Veil my fav country song
Jim Reeves
David Houston
Patsy Cline
Merle Haggard
George Jones
Porter Wagoner
Loretta Lynn
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
Willie Nelson

There is a gang of artists way back when more white man blues than actually country

Frank Hutchison
The Skillet Lickers
Blind Alfred Reed
Fiddin' John Carson
Clarence Ashley.......original House of the Rising Sun 1933
Emery Arthur......original Man of Consant Sorrow

Last edited:

12. Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills

My brothers favorite song by his favorite band. As a kid I'd hear him playing either bass or guitar to that song all the time.

Big country fan here, and while I agee that Hank Williams is Da Man he isn't the only man.

My Country tape....

Jimmie Rodgers
The Carter Family
Patsy Montana
Milton Brown
Ernest Tubb
Roy Acuff
Hank Williams
Hank Snow
Flatt & Scruggs
The Stanley Bros
Bill Monroe
Webb Pierce
Ferlin Husky
Jim Reeves
David Houston
Patsy Cline
Merle Haggard
George Jones
Porter Wagoner
Loretta Lynn
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
Willie Nelson

There is a gang of artists way back when more white man blues than actually country

Frank Hutchison
The Skillet Lickers
Blind Alfred Reed
Fiddin' John Carson

That is a damn fine list
<5>

I meant that Hank Williams the First is the only Hank Williams worth listening to. They got worse generation by generation...

My Country tape....

Jimmie Rodgers
The Carter Family
Patsy Montana
Milton Brown
Ernest Tubb
Roy Acuff
Hank Williams
Hank Snow
Flatt & Scruggs
The Stanley Bros
Bill Monroe
Webb Pierce
Ferlin Husky
Jim Reeves
David Houston
Patsy Cline
Merle Haggard
George Jones
Porter Wagoner
Loretta Lynn
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
Willie Nelson

Frank Hutchison
The Skillet Lickers
Blind Alfred Reed
Fiddin' John Carson

That's a helluva list, @Ubeja Vontell . My dog Hank is named after Hank Williams (Senior), btw.

That's a helluva list, @Ubeja Vontell . My dog Hank is named after Hank Williams (Senior), btw.

Thank you sir appreciate that.

Do have to give Jimmie Rodgers and The Carter Family their props those 1927 recordings appear to be the origins of what we call "country". Bob Wills is huge then we have Hank Williams, can't talk country and not talk those guys.

We do love our animals, my dog Maggie will toss her ball at me, that is my hint.....ha!!!!

12. Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
13. Freak Like Me - Macy Gray: for an ex. One of the good ones that got away.

Back