Basketball: What are the best dunks ever?

Long live the ABA. ^^^^ time for a david Thompson dunk.

tumblr_mc5nclE7Kq1qcmnsoo1_r1_400.gif

Pippen over Ewing in the playoffs.

vPUHncC.gif

Couldn't find a gif, but this Gerald Wallace dunk was pretty good.

So I am a fairly casual basketball fan but I have been watching a lot more of it recently. Especially after seeing this the other day:

giphy.gif

Most sports I like are physical/contact sports and so in basketball my favourite thing to watch is really hard drunks, I defer to the resident experts to provide examples of the hardest, most physical dunks in basketball history.

Jordan's famous dunk from the free throw line.

This thread has lost its way fucking n00bZ

Carter is the GOAT dunker

But y'all missing some of the best dunks ever.

KJ on Hakeem and Hot Rod deserves a huge mention

MJ on Ewing, Mutumbo and many others

Dominique has killed so many foos

Shaq

Kemp

D Rose pre-injury was a force at the cup too, goddamn he was nice

This thread has lost its way fucking n00bZ

Carter is the GOAT dunker

But y'all missing some of the best dunks ever.

KJ on Hakeem and Hot Rod deserves a huge mention

MJ on Ewing, Mutumbo and many others

Dominique has killed so many foos

Shaq

Kemp

Jordan posterized every 7 footer in the league at one point, and told all of them he was going to before he did it.

No one else has done that. I don’t think anyone else could tbh

anigif_longform-original-10922-1401920350-15.gif

Jordan posterized every 7 footer in the league at one point, and told all of them he was going to before he did it.

No one else has done that. I don’t think anyone else could tbh

anigif_longform-original-10922-1401920350-15.gif

Vince jumped over guys that were 7', Jordan never did that and can't hold vinces jock strap when it comes to dunking

Vince jumped over guys that were 7', Jordan never did that and can't hold vinces jock strap when it comes to dunking

^Emotional response here for no reason. I wasn’t comparing them, just adding to the part in your post concerning MJ. But..

Carter jumped over a European rec league 7 footer. It looks great, but you got any of him doing that to a prime future HoF NBA 7 footer? Degree of difficulty is different there.

Jordan dunked in game on a 4 time NBA defensive player of the year, HoF’er, 3x shot block leader in the middle of his prime in that gif.

Not to mention all the other NBA 7 footers and future NBA HoF’ers he dunked in game on.

Add his dunk contest titles and legendary dunks in general..

Carter is the best overall dunker imo, but MJ is also one of the best ever in that department too.

Emotional response here for no reason. I wasn’t comparing them, just adding to the part in your post concerning MJ. But..

Carter jumped over a European rec league 7 footer.

Jordan dunked in game on a 4 time NBA defensive player of the year, HoF’er, 3x shot block leader in the middle of his prime in that gif.

Not to mention all the other NBA 7 footers and future NBA HoF’ers he dunked in game on.

Not to mention his dunk contest titles and legendary dunks in general..

Carter is the best overall dunker imo, but MJ is also one of the best ever in that department too.

I didn't disagree with your post, Jordan aint' vince though and it's not close. Half man half amazing > black jesus dunking. Black Jesus is the GOAT ball player evah though

I didn't disagree with your post, Jordan aint' vince though and it's not close. Half man half amazing > black jesus dunking. Black Jesus is the GOAT ball player evah though

I agree VC is the best dunker. Especially contest wise..

..but saying it isn’t close? We’ll disagree there. Jordan has legendary status as well as a dunker.. and the level of difficulty of some of his in game dunks trumps VC’s in game dunks imo because MJ made a point to get certain guys, some of them DPOY 7 footers like DM.

And like I said, MJ talked shit too. Telling them he was going to do it. That adds yet another angle. Vince didn’t do shit like that.

giphy.gif

I agree VC is the best dunker. Especially contest wise..

..but saying it isn’t close? We’ll disagree there. Jordan has legendary status as well as a dunker.. and the level of difficulty of some of his in game dunks trumps VC’s in game dunks imo because MJ made a point to get certain guys, some of them DPOY 7 footers like DM.

And like I said, MJ talked shit too. Telling them he was going to do it. That adds yet another angle. Vince didn’t do shit like that.

giphy.gif

LOL nah brah, did you even watch those vids? VInce has not only dunked on every 7'er in the league but has done it better then black jesus ever could. I get it though, you being from Chicago, no bias there or anything...

Vince has dunked on:

Mutumbo
Wallace
Sean Bradley
Mourning
Duncan
Robinson
Whiteside

Some of the leagues best ever shot blockers. He's still dunking in his geriatric condition lol. He's an in game in traffic dunker. TBH I would even be willing to put D-Rose slightly ahead of Black Jebus dunk wise because of his size and stature. He was ferocious before he had that terrible knee injury and could jump out the gym. It's a shame we didn't get another 5 years of prime D-Rose.

Probably my all time favorite Jordan moment was this though:

Last edited:
Back