Beaulieu Boxing Glove review

goldennboy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Review #1- Bill Boxing 16oz sparring gloves.

Padding

The padding on these gloves are very similar if not the same to the ringside imf. If I had to feel ringsides and these blindly, I probably wouldn't know which one is which. So as you all know, imf is very protective, sort of like a wall with a little spring while the Winnings are sort of absorbent.

While sparring, I can't feel my knuckles landing on his face or chest/body.

I would have loved if the padding on the palm of the glove was denser. The reyes gloves have chunks of padding on the palm while these have padding about the same width as a penny. The ringside heritage glove has padding on the whole bottom part of the glove, that I now wish every glove had.

Quality/Craftsmanship and Customer service

Quality and craftsmanship is excellent on this glove. There is only one stitch that was redone on the right glove, that I have no problem with.

The quality of the materials that were used are top notch. They have a nice smooth smell and smooth leather.

the seam that goes over the thumb is just a little too tight. but the actual thumb is really roomy, you wouldn't notice that there's an attached thumb.

But there's a bump on the striking surface of the left glove, nothing to bad and it hasn't caused me any problems yet. Also, there's a few blemishes around the thumb of the right glove.

Now customer service, Bill is a great guy to deal with, he's answered all my questions and threw in a shirt and labels. He also got my order 100% correct. But, I think I asked for longer laces because I heard that they only go around the wrist once, I didn't get longer laces, but it's no big deal because I could get one anywhere for less than $1. Also, I addressed him about the bump on the glove along with another question, he just answered my other question without offering a discount or even apologizing about the bump. Not a real big issue, but just throwing it out there.

Hand compartment

These gloves use a lining which I can't really describe, but they get really hot inside after 3 or 4 rounds. But these gloves are also really light for 16oz. My 14oz reyes are heavier than these. In my book that's good. They have a Tight hand compartment but accommodate long wraps.

Comments

I really like these gloves and would definitely order more in the future. The gloves are really long, they go all the way up to my upper forearm, which is good for blocking shots.

Great padding, imf is highly recommended in the sherdog boards for a reason. But the actual wrist could get denser padding, and the palm, could get a little larger chunks of padding. For future versions, I would love to see padding all over the bottom part of the glove like the ringside heritage.

I love the overall feel of the glove, and I love that the thumb is roomy. I also love the long lean look.

Last edited:
Pictures

4v1z5y.jpg

vifbqs.jpg

scratch above the bar.

11hvv6g.jpg

bump on the glove

2vm80le.jpg

Blemish on the inner thumb.

Nice review, very detailed descriptions. I agree about padding on the palm being useful, sparring is not all about throwing punches- you've got to block some too and it's nice to have that padding there.

Edit: Love the pictures! The black/gold is a beautiful combination. Reminds me of Vitali Klitschko's gloves.

Nice review, very detailed descriptions. I agree about padding on the palm being useful, sparring is not all about throwing punches- you've got to block some too and it's nice to have that padding there.

Edit: Love the pictures! The black/gold is a beautiful combination. Reminds me of Vitali Klitschko's gloves.

Thanks Blair. I'm glad I'm keeping up with you guys. Any questions, let me know.

^^^^^^ Wow that is a sexy and sleek looking glove!

I've got a question for you, is the padding in the triple cuff the same IMF type as over the knuckles?

I always thought that would make great padding for the triple cuff but you said it's a bit thin?

^^^^^^ Wow that is a sexy and sleek looking glove!

I've got a question for you, is the padding in the triple cuff the same IMF type as over the knuckles?

I always thought that would make great padding for the triple cuff but you said it's a bit thin?

The padding on the triple cuffs is indeed the same imf, which is excellent.

But I'm talking about the bottom part of the glove, about the chunk of padding being too thin, here are pictures to clarify.

dd18uh.jpg

29bbn2h.jpg

The palm padding is significantly thinner on the 16oz Bill's compared to 14oz reyes. if the bills had a more hefty chunk of padding, it would help catch shots better.

Ah I see what you mean, thanks for clarifying. Great use of pics too in showing what you mean.

The Reyes definately has a thicker seam of padding along there your right.

It's cool that the IMF padding works well in the triple cuff, I always figured it would make a sweet padding for that area. Plus the triple cuff design looks killer too.

Thanks for taking the time to answer mate, cheers.

the bump on the glove looks will be a piece of the moulded foam has come off inside and risen to the surface like that which is a downside to IMFs though it probably shouldnt be like that out of the box

nice looking gloves and colours

are they longer than Reyes? could you take a pic of the two gloves side by side?

good review!

Review #1- Bill Boxing 16oz sparring gloves.

hmm review no.1 ... more reviews coming? :D

Last edited:
They are very much longer than reyes. The bump was like that straight out of the box. and yes, more reviews coming.

n6stp4.jpg

They are very much longer than reyes. The bump was like that straight out of the box. and yes, more reviews coming.

Wow they really are quite long, nice comparison pic.

Really looking forward to future reviews mate, this one was great! Awesome to have you aboard and posting this stuff.

:)

The palm padding is significantly thinner on the 16oz Bill's compared to 14oz reyes. if the bills had a more hefty chunk of padding, it would help catch shots better.

hi ,well when we say that we offer custom then we mean it...for example the padding on palm side is customer,s choice.if you want we can make it hefty and heavily padded on palm area too.even the padding on backhand(knuckles) can be customized.softer,harder,absorbing or bouncy...
just name it and we make it that way...i wish you have told us that you want denser padding on palm then we could have made it that way for you.our customer,s setisfection and happiness is what matters most to us.

hi ,well when we say that we offer custom then we mean it...for example the padding on palm side is customer,s choice.if you want we can make it hefty and heavily padded on palm area too.even the padding on backhand(knuckles) can be customized.softer,harder,absorbing or bouncy...
just name it and we make it that way...i wish you have told us that you want denser padding on palm then we could have made it that way for you.our customer,s setisfection and happiness is what matters most to us.

Thanks top boxer, I'll definitely make my next order to my specific needs.

Also, Bill told me he's making a horse hair filed training glove. I might just hold up and wait for that lineup to come out

wow that is long. Are those Reyes your 14oz, or are they also 16oz?

Wonder how 10oz bill gloves would do on a bag or pads...compared to winning 10oz or ringside imf...only seem to be sparring glove reviews here for this brand...and I can't find the website for this guy...or price estimates.

Wonder how 10oz bill gloves would do on a bag or pads...compared to winning 10oz or ringside imf...only seem to be sparring glove reviews here for this brand...and I can't find the website for this guy...or price estimates.

You have to email him to see what he offers. price depends on what day it is (had to say it).

Hey, Goldenboy

That was an excellent review, with great pics! I love the color scheme you used for your gloves.

I wanted to ask about the padding: Did you specifically mention that you wanted to use molded foam? When I ordered mine, I wasn't aware that I had the choice. I was told later by Bill that they used the hand-cut double-padding version like Grant uses.

I found it to be a bit dense, kinda stiff at first, but I had it softened up after a few sessions on the mitts before I'd use it in sparring. Is the molded foam version a bit stiff initially as well?

Hey, Goldenboy

That was an excellent review, with great pics! I love the color scheme you used for your gloves.

I wanted to ask about the padding: Did you specifically mention that you wanted to use molded foam? When I ordered mine, I wasn't aware that I had the choice. I was told later by Bill that they used the hand-cut double-padding version like Grant uses.

I found it to be a bit dense, kinda stiff at first, but I had it softened up after a few sessions on the mitts before I'd use it in sparring. Is the molded foam version a bit stiff initially as well?

I didn't chose what foam I wanted, and now I'm kind of happy I didn't because imf padding is just that good.

Yes it was pretty stiff at first. (nothing like reyes stiff) but after just a little over 15 rounds the gloves felt great. I love sparring in these things.

Back